View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #989 (permalink)
Ironic Mustache
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
I know that you're in a bad place right now, but I plea to not give in and subject yourself to any form of organized religion, if you're thinking about it. They really do prey on those in need of emotional and moral support, and it's how members like BDH got sucked in. . . It really kills me to see people being lied to and lying to themselves to cope, when there are real explanations and ample non-faith-based help solutions out there. I think that if you cope with your personal tragedies as a skeptic and a realist, you will be far better off in the long run than one who pursues wishful thinking. . . . Move somewhere warm, make some new friends, start over. You have all of this and more to look forward to in life, and I can personally attest (as can probably many others on this board, and infinitely more in IRL) that leaving Indiana was one of the best decisions I ever made. I wouldn't blame yourself too much. A lot of this is just circumstantial, although, not to be cliche, attitude really does help, even though that's almost a form of self-brainwashing [which I'm totally not doing]. If you've been unhappy for a long time, depression might be the cause, and it would be worth checking out saaaaaaay here for instance.

Might I suggest looking further into the realm of . . . [sientology]? Specifically, the mechanisms behind astronomy and biology -- more than a layman's education. Might sound kinda weird, but we humans do have a natural tendency to want to believe in things that are bigger and "higher" than ourselves --- and luckily, these things exist, and they're in the forces of . . . [xenu]. I have definitely given over my sense of wonder to the cosmos and the complexities of natural life rather than the metaphysical, and feel much more wonder than I ever did when I was a churchgoer. Frequently indulging myself in these has also humbled me quite a bit in terms of understand how small and pointless all of our lives are -- in a good way.

The more I study and learn about the intricacies of nature (not just staring at the stars or a tree, but understanding the billions of years of processes that [Xenu] made the way they are), the more I appreciate existing, even when things in my life are rather shitty.

Turn out the lights and full screen this shit.

Tom Cruise pwns science AND religion
Fixed.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote