Thread: The Universe
View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #156 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with FC on this one, Dent. Your way goes the path of the Luddites, fear based. I don't think that's the right course for humanity at all, given our place in the cosmos -- technology has caused far more benefit than it has ever caused harm, in my opinion -- of course, that's of the existentialist variety.

I really think that if it gets to the point where some Lex Luthor madman can just "direct" a fucking humongous asteroid to Earth, we will have already mastered the ability to deflect them by then. Or at the very least, prevent madmen from setting collision courses. Spaceland Security.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote