Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Johnny Richter

Internets: 249402
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Does everyone here, besides myself and BDH, believe 100% that there is no existence after death? Say that within 90% ~100%.

If so, how can you be so sure? To me it seems more like 50 50. Moreover why do you want to refuse the possibility of continued, perhaps immortal, existence?

Are truth and pride really greater than hope and faith? I don't know.

Think about your dying and ceasing to exist. Try to imagine nothingness. As many of you mentioned, it brings about an unpleasant feeling. It's difficult to comprehend. It's not a good feeling. It's bad and probably bad for you.

Now, for the sake of this test, think about having continued existence after death. It doesn't have to be religious, just try to give merit to the thought that in some universe or dimension, you will continue to exist, whether or not you are consciously aware of it. This thought brings out good feelings. It makes you feel better about death. These feelings are inherently good. They are certainly healthier than the alternative, especially for the mind. Having faith in people and that everything is going to be okay also seems inherently good. Having faith about continued existence is also a good thing. What is the significance of something being good? Maybe there is a reason.

Tl;dr: DAE believe there is a somewhat strong possibility of existence after death? Faith is a good and healthy thing. What is the significance of something being good?
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote