Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
f3lix
Gangnam Style

Internets: 208844
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
At least give credit, man. In The God Delusion, Dawkins credited the quote to Mark Twain.

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

― Mark Twain

Again, some substance would be nice, instead of acting like some kind of hardasses. "Yo bro it's the same as before I was born, you know?" Doesn't cut it, and in any case it's not the same. Before you were born you didn't have to look forward to existing. The same now, death may not matter once it's happened -- but it's the waiting for it to happen that sucks.
I'll make sure I cite every post, as if I was plagiarizing ideas because I happen to share them.

Shouldn't you be posting this in High Things?

As far as living, I'll live on through those I directly effect and through my music which will hopefully survive like countless others have in the past thousand years.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote