View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #1366 (permalink)
Repugnant Abomination
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Dave Silverman was only slightly less terrible in that clip than he normally is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
For me personally, becoming agnostic wasn't the result of influence from others, but from living during this time and seeing horrible atrocities committed in the name of religion, ie 9/11. I would imagine it's similar for most people.
Atrocities being committed in the name of religion is a terrible reason to stop being religious. It drives me mad every time Harris or Dawkins makes that argument, and Mr. Blonde too for that matter. What, so a bunch of cunts hijack some planes and crash them into buildings in the name of God and suddenly that means God doesn't exist? Should animal rights activists hate science because chemical companies test their toxic products on animals in the name of scientific progress? That's just lazy thinking. There are so many better reasons to not be religious based on actual arguments dealing with the thing itself, which is why the clip Mr. Blonde posted is nothing more than an exercise of activist masturbation. Both sides just rah rah rah their position based on some stupid emotional issue like Christmas rather than get to the core of the issue itself. It's the difference between talking physics at a university with a professor versus with your buddy at a bar three beers in. Waste of fucking time.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote