View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
j money
Long Live Dixie

Internets: 35125
j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to j money
Default Help! I am now a soccer coach

Well I was asked to coach a team of 3-5 year olds for the city of Talladega and for some reason I agreed. The problem is I am clueless on nearly everything relating to soccer. I know there are a couple coaches on here Beebs and maybe the Cocktooth that might be able to point me in the right direction? I know most of the kids are clueless on how to play and will probably just be running around crazy. I want to make sure the kids are learning the basics and having fun along with keeping the crazy ass parents off my ass. What resources are out there to help me get started? Websites, books, etc. I've researched some drills but really do not know if they are appropriate for the age group. We will have 2-3 practice sessions a week plus 2 games a week starting next week. Any suggestions for practice drills at this age? The director claims that they do not run any 'plays' or certain formations but all of the other coaches have for several years. Beebs, I expect a response within 24 hours. Thx
j money is offline   Reply With Quote