Thread: The Singularity
View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched this. I'm pretty new to the concept of the binding problem and consciousness in general -- my interest in consciousness, right now, is much more from a psychological point of view --- namely, that it appears every human being experiences a subjectively different reality from the Absolute Reality (if such a thing exists) as well as from the Other, and how their experience of being the protagonist/"hero" of their particular story affects the quality of their own lives and the lives of those they interact with. The fact that most people think that they "should" be the "winner" is an extremely interesting subject to me, having suffered from that mindset most of my life.

How do you, personally, interpret the Binding problem? Can you sum it up so I can become more familiar with the idea?

David said something very interesting in that clip, I had to watch it again to make sure -- did he say that he finds the concept of the Quantum Mind a likely solution to the problem of the coherency of consciousness? If so, that sounds very familiar to some of the concepts I've discovered studying Eastern philosophy.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 10-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote