View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2021, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dent
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 171175
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
#quoteoftheday

Evolution via natural selection has “encephalised” pleasure and pain so we believe all sorts of things inherently matter beyond states of the pleasure-pain axis. Such belief is genetically adaptive. I’m sceptical it’s true.
- @webmasterdave

Encephalised I guess in my mind is how the brain "paints on" pleasure and pain onto things, the pleasurable taste of cake isn't in the cake and for some organism cake happens to be fitness-reducing you might expect cake to taste like shit.

Same as why we are revolted when we smell dogshit or something, it's good to be revolted because the germs will fuck you up. But slugs love dogshit probably
This is probably one of the most important things to understand for the truthseekers out there.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote