Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-30-2002, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking

Alright, I'm sure many of you have already heard of this online (or, if you live in Chicago, newsstand paper) newspaper, but that Maddox site reminded me alot of The Onion, except that the Onion does it with more style.

Almost everything in the site is fucking hilarious, and definitely worth your time.
www.theonion.com
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2002, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Yes, the onion is the classic comedy good for at least a weekly read. Amazing site with amazing stories.
Unread 10-31-2002, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, and the cool thing is, in this month's upcoming newspaper, me and wintergrey sort of collaborated and made our own fake article for the Warsaw Tiger Tracks. Besides a few other articles, it's the only thing worth reading in the rag.
Unread 11-01-2002, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Here's a short article from the newest Onion.

Daytime-Talk-Show Mixup Leads To 1,000-Pound-Man Makeover
NEW YORK—In a mix-up Ricki Lake producers called "deeply regrettable," 1,000-pound Willard Hoskins, 37, was removed from his Paramus, NJ, home by forklift and transported to the posh Richard Stein Salon on Madison Avenue for a thorough beauty makeover Monday. "Let's see Willard's stunning new look!" Lake told the studio audience as Hoskins was wheeled out in a sequined black garment made from two king-size bed sheets to the accompaniment of throbbing disco music. "Wow, you look great!" The episode is believed to be daytime television's worst mix-up since Maury Povich sent a group of disfigured children to boot camp in 1999.

HAH! There's also a fake headline that reads:

"Mudslide Kind Of Fun Until The Dying Part"
and also..."Phone Sex Ad Masturbated To For 0 cents a Minute"....makes me laugh so much.

Unread 04-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing New Hyperbolic Chamber Greatest Invention In The History Of Mankind Ever | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Not funny.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

nope

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it's pretty much THE WORST ARTICLE EVER WRITTEN!

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Pickup Truck Stoled | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Spice Master

Study Reveals Dolphins Lack Capacity To Mock Celebrity Culture | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

― Terence McKenna
Unread 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Spice Master

Repeal Of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Paves Way For Gay Sex Right On Battlefield, Opponents Fantasize | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), one of many conservative politicians who staunchly oppose the change. "If this is repealed, what's to stop all-night sex romps from breaking out while U.S. servicemen are hiding in a bunker, or crawling around an irrigation ditch bathed only by the light of the moon, or, say, the dozens of other situations I've already thought through in elaborate detail?"

― Terence McKenna
Unread 02-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Spice Master

NASA Completes 52-Year Mission To Find, Kill God | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
"Gotta give Him credit, though, God was defiant right up until the end. Scrappy bastard spit right in my face just before I pulled the trigger," added Sullivan, smiling.
Unread 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spice Master

How To Get A Guy To Notice You While You're Having Sex With Him | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Im taking a psych of women class with a forum I'm supposed to have a certain amount of posts per week in. I'm definitely posting this with that just right touch of ambiguous outrage that I've perfected over the course of this semester.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Spice Master

Does the public have access to the forum?
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute

No, I have to sign in with my student ID.

Unread 04-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Can we have your student ID?
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

No because you dicks will sign in and make me look like I don't respect bitches.

Unread 04-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

We just want to watch.

Honest.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Spice Master

Can you at least post screen shots? I would like to wreak havoc playing devils advocate in a class like that.

Post this too and start a discussion about the standards they should use to prosecute men accused of rape; http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...702/304130047/
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

I have to pretend to be pro-woman in my posts so I'm not sure how I'd spin the rape thing. They get crazy when the r word is mentioned. I'll get around to posting about the other one later and cut and past the responses here.

Unread 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Spice Master

I don't get it, if you dissent at all or show another opinion you get a bad grade? That sounds like bullshit to me..
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a liberal arts college course to me.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

No, it's not so much about dissenting and getting a bad grade as it about a complete waste of my time. I realize that you're all about fruitless diatribes, but id rather do without the nonsense.