Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2004, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

A few months back, I asked what everyone's definition of Love is/was. Now it's time for Friendship.

What is your definition a Friendship? How do you determine what makes a best friend? What do your friends mean to you?

Go!

I'm going to chip in my two cents in after I get a good gander at what other people are saying, because mine shall be lengthy, and if no one ends up putting any real thought into it, I don't want to waste time with a long winded, unread attempt.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2004, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Friendship is the willingness to do anything for a certain person without expecting a single thing in return, but getting it anyway.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
I agree with UB.

Friendship is having a special person that you would do anything for. You would die for them or go to extremes cause you're that close. When you need advice or a person to hang with, you can count on them. That is a friend.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2004, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
trust

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Unread 01-12-2004, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Caribou Lou

Internets: 567
malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to malibu Send a message via MSN to malibu
I think friendship is finding someone that you not only have fun with, but that you can confide in and know that whatever you tell them will stay in between the two of you. I think that it's finding someone you can talk to that knows what you're going through, that's willing to listen, and willing to give you an opinion if you want one. Friendship is knowing someone that can make you laugh, and that you have something in common with. There's alot to a true friend and you have to know who you can trust and who you can't. Trust is the basis, but that's not the only thing that goes into it.

"Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you."
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2004, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by AcTivE:
trust
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2004, 02:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by malibu:
I think friendship is finding someone that you not only have fun with, but that you can confide in and know that whatever you tell them will stay in between the two of you. I think that it's finding someone you can talk to that knows what you're going through, that's willing to listen, and willing to give you an opinion if you want one. Friendship is knowing someone that can make you laugh, and that you have something in common with. There's alot to a true friend and you have to know who you can trust and who you can't. Trust is the basis, but that's not the only thing that goes into it.
Sounds like you're looking for a psychologist with a sense of humor.

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ish...

Internets: 10
silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
A friend...
Some one I trust, can have fun with, and talk to about shit.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 02:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Scarlet is on a distinguished road
I think friendship is a true test of persons character you have to be able to completely trust them and they have to do the same for you, also they need to be there 4 you and you shouldnt have to worry about offending them by speaking your true opinion. the last thing is they just have to be someone you can just have a great time with no matter the situation
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 05:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Elegy is on a distinguished road
Friendship is what you have when you're trying to get with a girl, but she ain't feeling you yet.
Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 11:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

farawayfromhere is on a distinguished road
A best friend is the one person that you never get sick of, that you can drive around in the middle of nowhere with and never have to say a single word to, but still be content with. I think best friends are the people who you love enough to make cookies for on valentine's day (even though you hate cooking and dont have a valentine)Or the people who will try and kidnap you when your father goes haywire and grounds you for life. A best friend is, like UB said, a person you would do absolutly anything for without thinking twice about it.

"I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends."
farawayfromhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by farawayfromhere:
A best friend is a person you would do absolutly anything for without thinking twice about it.
I hope for your sake your best friend never asks you to rape his mom.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Like my best friends have time and time again.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2004, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

good point...ill change that to almost anything

"I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends."
Unread 02-15-2004, 04:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
My best friends think my mom is hot...bastards. But i dont know, a best friend is the person you can talk to about anything, and even if you don't want to ask them you know if you needed something they would do it for you no matter what...just someone who really really cares

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 05:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Blonde:
My best friends think my mom is hot
are you bragging or complaining? I'll bet Lethal's mom is 10 times hotter.

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 05:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Mr. Blonde's mom is hot, I will give him that, but not as hot as his sister!!!
Unread 02-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by StabMaster Arson:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Blonde:
My best friends think my mom is hot
are you bragging or complaining? I'll bet Lethal's mom is 10 times hotter.</font>[/quote]I'll back that up.

Unread 02-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
Mr. Blonde's mom is hot, I will give him that, but not as hot as his sister!!!
you obviously haven't seen Pliedes' sister.

Unread 02-15-2004, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by farawayfromhere:
I think best friends are the people who you love enough to make cookies for on valentine's day (even though you hate cooking and dont have a valentine)Or the people who will try and kidnap you when your father goes haywire and grounds you for life.
Damn straight. Your friends must be a couple of badass sonsofbitches for you to hang out with them.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

FB, only you and the Butcher know the truth

Unread 02-15-2004, 11:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
You guys are making this way to complicated:
Friends are those people who you want to be around while having a beer (or 12).
Unread 02-16-2004, 03:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

Juliet is on a distinguished road
Friends are some of the most important people in my life. My good friends are there for me. They support relationships even if they don't like the guy. Fair-weather friends are the kind you want to kick and pull their hair out, who tells you every day she hates your boyriend. True friends get excited for you about the tiniest things too, and will always stick around.
Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
You guys are making this way to complicated:
Friends are those people who you want to be around while having a beer (or 12).
Or go to AA meetings with FC.

Unread 02-16-2004, 12:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
A good friend is some one who lies to their mom when you guys all got busted. And says shes not telling who did it(since her mom knew it wasnt just her), and gets grounded for a while, to keep your ass clean.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote