Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 10
samsamsam is on a distinguished road
Red face

I am normally not a big fan of disco. Nor am I a fan of songs that are not in English. But when I was visiting Germany about 6 months ago, I heard a song that was not in English that was quite silly, but somehow the tune has stayed in my mond. It is a disco sounding song. Sung by a group of guys. There was not one singer... I think that there were two from the band (one with a higher voice and one with a lower voice, all guys). The language did not sound like German. Perhaps it was Dutch or Nordic language? The guys were wearing disco style clothing, and they seemed to be quite not-serious, just having fun with the song. The announcer said that the song is also popular in the UK, which is strange because normally non-English songs do not make it into the UK. Anyway, does anyone have a clue what that song/band might be? It has been bothering me for months. Any clues of what it might be would be really appreciated. Sorry that I can't get more specific than that... I wish I could hum it for you, as the song has stuck in my mind for months now...

Sam
samsamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
no.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2005, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
I think I found the song you are talking about.

If you can't play the first one, try this one.

[ April 18, 2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]
Unread 04-19-2005, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot for the life of me get iTunes to play that file, DJ. WTF?

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
DJ FC

Maybe you should get a real audio player that can play Mp3s that are encoded with VBR. I'm surprized iTunes won't play it.
Unread 04-19-2005, 06:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey DJ FC,

When I click to follow your link, it just goes to a blank page and does nothing. Do you have an idea of the name of the band or song, I can try to find it in a CD shop or on kazaa...

Thanks,
Sami
Unread 04-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road
Dragostea Din Tei?

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2005, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yes! That is it!!! victim, you are spot on. I am so happy to finally know. Thank you very much.

sam
Unread 04-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
that's what I thought it might be, I wans't sure though. On a sidenote, that shit was playing EVERYWHERE on dance remixes at clubs in Cancun...apparently a lot of people like it...

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 04-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
DJ FC

Quote:
Originally posted by victim:
Dragostea Din Tei?
This is the finest example of the lowest class of human being.
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
That was an interesting video.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Internets: 14
George Sherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to George Sherman
does anyone know what song and band these lyrics are from, I highly doubt it.

"I caught my daughter giving head to my brother."

...to abuse the testicles of the establishment.
George Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spice Master

CKY - My Promiscuous Daughter

― Terence McKenna
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

damn, you were the last person I expected to get that, most people think of CKY as a novelty band, even though they are an awsome stoner rock band. My respect for you has just gone up.

Unread 04-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
DJ FC

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

[ April 19, 2005, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

fuck you blonde I always knew you were a cheap fucking piece of shit.

Unread 04-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Spice Master

Fuck the both of you. I own one of the albums and have most of the other songs downloaded.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

hmmm.....

Unread 04-19-2005, 09:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Spice Master

You caught me, George, I've been lying to impress you, which has always been one of my goals in life (30)

― Terence McKenna
Unread 04-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

i know, i'm glad you've accepted it though, hooray for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Fucker

[ April 19, 2005, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: George Sherman ]

Unread 04-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
I wonder if this is the sam that the member of the moment was talking about...

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

MAGICLIT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MAGICLIT
No sam, I don't know the song

I am all in favor of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
MAGICLIT is offline   Reply With Quote