Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Confessional/Advice Line

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2004, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
What are the odds that a person could be caught with illegal music software? The gov is really cracking down. How many of you actually do it the legal way? By legal I mean pay for the songs through memberships.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nasty Nate

Internets: 4881
Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute
I dont, but I haven't downloaded half as many songs lately as I used to either.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 10
buckeye is on a distinguished road
about the same odds as getting struck by lightning.

and if you use something other than kazaa, about the odds of Notre Dame having a good football team next year.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
I do it leagally, I only download from bands, that put there shit on their sites.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

bert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to bert
Quote:
Originally posted by buckeye:
about the same odds as getting struck by lightning.

and if you use something other than kazaa, about the odds of Notre Dame having a good football team next year.
the odds of you gettin caught are bout as good as the odds that buckeye will get some ass in the next 10 years

[ March 17, 2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: bert ]
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Quote:
Originally posted by VOL:
What are the odds that a person could be caught with illegal music software? The gov is really cracking down. How many of you actually do it the legal way? By legal I mean pay for the songs through memberships.
The gov. isn't cracking down on downloading... it's actually the RIAA. And it's now even harder than ever for them to sue you, because the gov. has ruled that the RIAA doesn't have the right to your identity if they suspect you of illegal downloading, rather a complaint must first be filed against your IP, then the RIAA can subpena your identity formally through a court process.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by buckeye:

*regains his stability after cheezy cheap shot

So, DJFC does that mean use a different identity or that the RIAA needs overwhelming information to find you?

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Scarlet is on a distinguished road
I havent actually bought a CD in a quite a while. Im still not downloading as much as a used too, im mostly burning other ppl's cds
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Our cable company called us and told us that we needed to stop sharing XXX program or they would cut off the connection.

edit: but it's not really related to purely music downloads..

[ March 18, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: AcTivE ]

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Old 03-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Vol.

What it means is that the RIAA would file suit solely against your IP, with only reasonable suspision that you were file-sharing illegally, instead of being granted full access to all your identification information simply by asking your ISP for it. This means more paperwork... which means more expensive lawsuits.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VOL:
The gov. isn't cracking down on downloading... it's actually the RIAA. And it's now even harder than ever for them to sue you, because the gov. has ruled that the RIAA doesn't have the right to your identity if they suspect you of illegal downloading, rather a complaint must first be filed against your IP, then the RIAA can subpena your identity formally through a court process.</font>[/quote]This would make is simpler to get around... All one would have to is tell the ISP that they believe their computer was comprimised and being used by a hacker to download/distribute files.

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat