Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2003, 02:30 AM   #76 (permalink)
Orgazmo

It's 11:29 and it just happened again. I'm sitting @ the cpu and all of a sudden I hear a change on the TV. I look over to see a black & white movie...

Yeah, kinda weird.
Unread 03-07-2003, 02:32 AM   #77 (permalink)

Internets: 6603
St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm... by now, after all of this, would you still consider it weird? I mean, it seems to happen all of the time... so would you say its still weird?
St. Anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2003, 03:03 AM   #78 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Yeah, it's still weird that my tv has a mind of it's own...but it just doesn't freak me out as much...
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:19 AM   #79 (permalink)
Orgazmo

I'm going to spread my next entry out over a few posts to prevent what has already happened...which will be explained in one of the few posts that are about to be composed.

Before I kick this entire thing off, I think it's necessary to say that, although the tv stuff has been continuing (even though there has been quite a lack of updates), it has/had been doing so much less frequently. Also, the fact that it's been doing it for so long kinda has made me used to it...thus not nearly as driven to post as I was back when it first started happened.

So yeah, from the last reasonable update until a week ago...things were almost back to normal. As I already said, the TV still did its thing, but not too often, at least not nearly as often as it did at one time. Of course, a happy non-haunted life can only go on so long...

We'll begin our tale at an estimated last weekend...perhaps Friday. As my father was sitting at the computer browsing eBay (which is, as you've read in the previous posts, right beside the TV in question), he was kinda listening to something on tv (kinda because it was on...and he knew it was on...but wasn't really paying too much attention). He heard something unfamiliar and looked over only to see that, as almost expected by now, the tv had taken it upon itself to make the decision that the current channel was not sufficient. It had, of course, changed to the infamous 36. My dad kinda shrugged it off...as we've learned to do...and changed it back to whatever channel he had it on before. As he sat the remote down and turned back toward the computer, the tv almost immediately changed back to 36. He muttered something along the lines of "let me watch my show, dammit," changed it back, and went on about his business uninterrupted...
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:23 AM   #80 (permalink)
Orgazmo

The second tale of interesting happenings of the past weeks takes us to Indianapolis, IN where my sister currently resides (yes, it appears as if the ghost likes a good migrating now and then). One day, she was doing something in either he kitchen or living room when she heard a loud crash in her bedroom. She walked back only to find that he clock had fallen off of the wall. Even though she's been in the house for quite some time now and has never had a problem with the clock before this point in time...thing do have a tendency to fall off of the wall every now and then, so she thought nothing of it and just hung it back up. After doing this, she went back to the other side of the house to continue whatever she was doing only to hear the clock fall again. Of course, after something that had previously been perfectly stable on the wall falls twice...right in a row...it's starting to get more than a little weird...but still, things do fall off of walls. Later that night, her and her husband were sitting in the living room. She was engrossed in her TV show while he read the paper or something. In the middle of the show, the tv just turned off. Immediately, she started yelling at her husband, telling him that it wasn't a funny joke and that she wanted to see what was going to happen. He only had to point to the remote, sitting across the room on the other couch, to show his innocence...

I realize that the clock thing may not seem like a big deal...and alone, the tv thing may have been a fluke...but considering that they both took place on the same day within a reasonably short timeframe, it's definitely post-worthy. Onward.
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:30 AM   #81 (permalink)
Orgazmo

After the clock/television happenings, the ghost decided to travel to the illustrious city of Ft. Wayne, IN, current place of residence of my brother, StDx. One night, just as he was drifting off to sleep, some work schedules that were piled up in his room fell over. Big deal, right? Wrong. Let's go into a little bit more detail.

The work schedules were only part of a sundry of items within a crate. The crate holds a reasonably collection of magazines, kept upright shoved against the left side of the crate and held in place by some miscellaneous items placed to the right of them. The schedules were placed on top of the magazines, wedged into a space that had less height than the stack did (thus, they had to be compressed to fit into the space...meaning that, in order to free them, one would have to apply at least a little bit of pressure. Here is a diagram so that you can easily follow:

Now, as you can see...it would be quite unlikely for any type of wind to simply blow this stack over. Also, take into consideration that the only window in the room was closed and that there was no air coming out of the vents. It was completely still in the room. Another important tid bit is that the schedules have been piling there for many a'month without any type of problem...yet, on this particular evening just as he was drifting to sleep, they decided to fall over. Perhaps the weirdest part of it all is that they didn't just fall over. As he explained it, the schedules scattered when they left their place in the crate...as if they had been blown...yet, as already stated, there was no type of wind in the room a'tall. How could they have possibly been thrown all about the room with all of the aforementioned conditions?
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:34 AM   #82 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Alright, up to this point I was pretty sure that there was a chance you had some ghost in your house, now I'm not so sure.

However, I do think that you've become a teenage poltergeist. The clock falling off incidient, coupled with the fact that these things happen when you're around, leads me to this conclusion. The only thing that's missing is that in order to be a teenage poltergeist you have to be dealing with enormous amounts of stress. That's how these freak occurences happen; your electromagnetic energy or something goes fucking haywire and this causes objects around you to do crazy things (i.e. clocks falling off and TV's putzing out). I'm not sure if this phenomenon exceeds past teenagers, but that is who it is mostly attributed to.

Or were you not there on all accounts? If there is no one person who was there on all accounts, then this theory is false. There could, however, be multiple poltergeists involved.

[This message has been edited by Titan (edited May 07, 2003).]
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:40 AM   #83 (permalink)
Orgazmo

And finally folks, our tale moves to the most compelling evidence...the evidence that drove me back to the boards to continue my online journal of all supernatural happenings.

Just last night, as I sat in the back bedroom on this very computer, my brother was out in the kitchen filling out rebate forms for some computer stuff he had bought. My father had recently retired to his bed. The television had gone untouched since this moment, meaning that the volume was turned way up (he can't hear so well). As he filled out his forms with the loud television in the background, my brother, for no reason at all, looked up toward the television. As he did this, he claims to have seen a white figure at the beginning of the hallway. As he looked up, the whatever it was quickly disappeared straight back into the hallway...too quickly to be recognized in the least bit. Right as it happened, he quickly dismissed it was his mind playing tricks on him and continued on his task to fill out the forms.

Upon completely, he came back to where I was to tell me that he was going to go back to Ft. Wayne. Before he left, he told me that he had seen something going down the hallway, so I should be careful. Of course, I knew he was just trying to scare me...and he was...so it wasn't a big deal at all. After that, he went to the bathroom and then back into the living room only to find that the tv had decreased in volume considerably. What was once blaring loud, turned up at least 75% of the way, the tv had barely 5 clicks of volume...not enough to be heard from 5 feet away (yet, it is important to note that it was not muted).

The remote was placed on the desk beside the tv...but not facing the tv. I did a test...and, from where it was, the tv could not be controlled by the remote...
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:45 AM   #84 (permalink)
Another Brick in the Wall

rla128 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rla128 Send a message via AIM to rla128 Send a message via MSN to rla128 Send a message via Yahoo to rla128

This is really creeping me out...
rla128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:50 AM   #85 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Titan: No, I wasn't there @ the Ft. Wayne or the Indy incident.

rla: It's really freaking YOU out!?
Unread 05-08-2003, 12:50 AM   #86 (permalink)
Orgazmo

We both went out and tried to find a logical explanation to what had happened but, as with most things involving the tv...there simply was none. We talked about it for a little bit and I decided that I should make a post about all of the stuff that had happened in the past week.

I told him to stay so that he could make sure I got everything right so, with him behind me, I started typing. I typed for at least 20 minutes, probably closer to 30 before finished what was a very long composition (imagine these 4 or 5 msgs put together + a little more detail). Before I submitted the post, I started thinking that it was really weird that all of the stuff started happening and slowly escalated then, all of a sudden, just tailed off...but then, out of the blue, how it picked up again in just this week. I asked my brother if there was anything signifigant about this past week that could account for what was happening...but he didn't know of anything off the top of his head. He walked toward the kitchen to see if the calendar held any answers.

As he was looking at the calendar, I put my hand on the desk to spin the chair around so I could go join him. As I did this, my hand slipped off of the desk and brushed the bottom portion of the keyboard (around the ctrl/windows button/alt/shift). I'm VERY confident that I didn't actually compress any of these buttons...but there's always the chance that I did. Even so, it would not account for what happened next. As I turned, I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye. I quickly turned and faced the screen only to see that my ENTIRE MESSAGE along with the Username & Password fields (and the attachment field) had all been completely erased. That's right, by brushing the keyboard, not touching any of the buttons, I had found a way to erase EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF MY POST.

This is weird on all sorts of different levels. Firstly, the only way to clear all of the fields is to hit the "clear fields" button (not on the quick reply box). With that in mind, my cursor was within the message box when I turned around. That would mean that I would have had to hit the Tab key 4 times, and then the enter key to simulate clicking the "Clear Fields" button (I know very well that I DID NOT touch the mouse...). This simply didn't happen. As I said before, the part of the keyboard touched was the bottom left...and it was simply brushed over one time, not even compressed let along hit 4 times + enter.

After this happened, I was completely freaked out. It was honestly the freakiest thing that has ever happened to me. I just sat there frozen, staring at the blank screen not knowing what to do. After literally 5 minutes of just taking it all in, I went over to the calendar to see if there actually was anything signifigant about the dates. It turns out that it was exactly 1.5 years after my grandfather had passed away...

It's all just too much to be coincidence to me...
Unread 05-08-2003, 01:31 AM   #87 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

Umm... yeah... uhh... yeah... wow.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 03:41 AM   #88 (permalink)

Internets: 306
StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to StDx

O.K. I just tried to post this once and it aparently didn't go through for some reason?!
Now you get the slightly abridged version...
Today I had to be at work at 5:00pm, so I went about my daily activities to return to my house around 4:00 to shower and change. I get in the shower and hear something beeping or ringing. It's pretty loud in the bathroom with the vent and the water going. I dismiss the sound as either being the phone (which hasn't been able to recieve calls all month) or my cell phone in my bedroom. After showering I walk about 6 steps across the hall to my bedroom, Immediately upon me closing the door I hear the upstairs smoke detector go off (right outside my door). It's not the normal constant ring I associate with smoke detectors, it's a broken pattern of long and short beeps. After last night's activities w/ Orgz, I'm kinda freaking out. After a minute to a minute and a half it stops. I look around the house a little to make sure that the house isn't really on fire and find not even a hint of smoke... I commence preparing for work and think myself into believing that it must be the warning beeps telling me it's time to change the batteries. I emerge from my room again prepared to take the detector off the wall and remove the batteries for replacement. Upon trying to remove it I find that it is wired directly to the house... I checked the one downstairs and it is as well. I've lived in this house for almost 2 years and have gone through 2 different roomates who were constantly burning either candles or incense upstairs and down and have never heard a sound out of this detector, yet today it awoke twice for no aparent reason.
StDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #89 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, I'm a wee bit skeptical of these stories. Knowing the two of you, it's not entirely impossible that you guys made this shit up to give everyone a good read/scare.

That said, I believe you. Reading that seriously freaked me out. I came into work this morning, and saw that this thread was posted in last night. I used to be giddy anytime something was posted in this thread, but after so many "the channel changed to 36" updates, I wasn't quite as excited. I clicked on the thread anyway, just to see what's goin on....well, let's just say I'm back to a state of "giddy-ness" when it comes to this thread being posted in.

Wonderfully documented posts. Keep us updated.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #90 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Yeah, I'll go ahead and say that I'm not fabricating or exaggerating in the least bit about any of this stuff...
Unread 05-14-2003, 09:51 PM   #91 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

I was very interested in this as well, are there any updates to mention?

------------------
:::BDH:::
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 11:59 PM   #92 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Not really. Last night StDx and I went to visit my grandmother (not the wife of the supposed grandfather ghost...that grandmother has been gone for quite some time). We told her of everything that had been happening toward the end of our visit. After this, we came home (got home at about 10:15 or so). Around 11:30, I went to the kitchen and talked to my brother, who was on the computer out there. I asked him if he was leaving soon because I was going to get into the shower and, if he was going to be gone when I got out, I figured I'd give him a "good bye" right then. He replied, saying that he was leaving very soon...he just wanted to stay a little later to see if any weird stuff happened. I replied something along the line of, "Well, nothing weird is going to happen with the TV when you already have it on channel 36." At this point in time he went semi-crazy and proceeded to explain that he had been watching King of the Hill on channel 3 just a few minutes earlier and hadn't even noticed the change.

Not too huge by any means...but mentionable I suppose.
Unread 05-15-2003, 07:10 AM   #93 (permalink)

Internets: 306
StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough StDx is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to StDx

It might also be mentioned that when our father went to bed, he had left the tv on channel 36... I immediately changed it to see how my Lakers were doing then to watch Howard Stern... after Howard Stern I manually put in channel 02 then I flipped until I found the game which was very near the end, then scrolled back down to King of the Hill... at no time after approximately 10:15 (when father retired) was the channel even flipped past channel 36.
StDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #94 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Evidently more happened in the land of Indianapolis on Thurrsday. As my sister (we'll call her "Ashlee" from this point forward) and her husband (we'll refer to him as "Jeff" in later parts of the story) cleaned their house, the radio played in the background. Ashlee was in the kitchen mopping, with the radio very nearby, whilst Jeff was in the other side of the house folding laundry. Whilst listening, the radio changed from whatever song was playing to a Kohl's advertisement...in the middle of the song. She thought it was a bit off, but just kinda shrugged it off as the person at the station messing up. A bit later, Jeff came out and looked at the radio, asking why she was listening to that station. She replied that it was on station A (I don't know exactly what station it was...not that it matters...). He looked only to see that it was tuned into station B. (station A is not equal to (!=) station B).

Of course, this was odd...but nothing too much was thought and the radio was changed back. After Jeff remanned his post in the laundry room, the radio decided to change again. This time, keen with her senses, Ashlee picked up on what had happened right away and used her voice to attract Jeff to the situation. Whilst standing around the radio, Ashlee said something to the effect of, "Well, it looks like my grandpa has come back to say hello again." Jeff responded by saying, "How do you know it's your grandpa? Mine died not too long ago...it could be him..." She replied, "Yeah, I guess...but all of this sort of stuff seems to happen with my family..."

After this, Jeff, speaking to the apparition, said, "If you are MY grandpa, go ahead and change the radio again after we begin working. If you are Ashlee's grandpa, please leave it alone so we will know who you are."

Knowing that the radio had just changed twice in a short amount of time, logic would argue that the "Jeff's Grandpa" theory was about to strengthen by coincidence; however, the radio behaved for the remainder of the evening...
Unread 05-20-2003, 02:05 AM   #95 (permalink)
Caribou Lou

Internets: 567
malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to malibu Send a message via MSN to malibu

Wow, orgazmo, your story is fascinating. Definitely keep updating us on these stories. It really does sound like it is your grandpa. It's cool that you have these stories to tell. I can't say that if I was in your position that I think I would be able to deal with it. It would freak the hell out of me!
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 06:15 PM   #96 (permalink)
Orgazmo

Yeah, last night, as I was in my own bed watching tv, I heard the loud tv of the living room. Of course, flipping through the channels on mine revealed it was on 36...

That really doesn't even bother me anymore. I'm not sure if it should or not...but it doesn't...
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:56 PM   #97 (permalink)
Caribou Lou

Internets: 567
malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all malibu is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to malibu Send a message via MSN to malibu

I'm sure by now, you've kind of grown used to it. Plus, if it's your grandpa, I really don't see what you'd have to worry about. I think at first it would definitely bother me though.
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2003, 12:37 AM   #98 (permalink)

Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road

Did you happen to read the post where it mentioned that his Grandpa committed unspeakeable crimes during the war? That he's a trained killer and....oh, that's just my fabrication....

But as is, it really doesn't look like I need to make anything up to make this any less freaky. Seriously Gazmo, that white apparition that your brother saw....the mention of it gave me chills. I hate, and I mean, frikkin hate apparitions. The funny thing is, I'm oddly fascinated by them as well.

Kepp regaling us with these stories man. As UB stated, I'm back to my 'giddy-ness'.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2003, 11:12 PM   #99 (permalink)

Internets: 123
Trout Sniffer will become famous soon enough Trout Sniffer will become famous soon enough

Orgazmo, I would enjoy hunting this ghost sometime. Maybe we could get out the Ouji board or something like that after school gets out.
Trout Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 12:32 AM   #100 (permalink)

the_butcher is on a distinguished road

i wouldn't suggest getting out Oujia boards. those things are bad luck. my friends and i lost something in one of our basements one time, so we busted that out for shits 'n' giggles. well after we used it, no shit, my car broke and my friends car broke. the other two guys had a line of bad luck too, just not as major as me. those things are not only gay, but they bring bad luck.
the_butcher is offline   Reply With Quote