Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW
Default Halloween

Well, I've been thinking about this recently, and with the McNinja post heading that way, I figure we might as well have a thread dedicated to ideas.

I fucking love Halloween and last year was the first time in ages that I didn't dress up and party (first weekend at work after the academy).

What are good ideas to do, things to avoid, whats going to be overdone by the masses.

My initial thought was to do Batman or Joker, but obviously both of those will be overdone. So skipping that. Kinda on the fence on a couple ideas at the moment.

Things to avoid, ridiculous physically awkward/bulky costumes. A costume that is a huge burden to wear is a bitch and continually gets worse and worse throughout the night.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

My girlfriend is Mexican and I am clearly not, so last year I went as a Illegal Immigrant and she went as border patrol. The costumes were a pretty big hit, but the theme is obviously more of a big ticket item in California. Some things I should have thought about before I did it were:

-Fake mustaches are very uncomfortable to wear, but were a necessity as I didn't decide on it until fairly last minute and didn't have time to grow my own.
-The costume was only hilarious (to others at least) when my girlfriend was around. The rest of the time it was racist. I was fortunate not to have ran into any scary cholos and thus am still alive.

Other than that, I think it went well.

Other things to avoid:

-Whatever just happened in the news, unless you're ballsy enough to approach an incredibly taboo subject. The Crocodile Hunter was not that taboo and I saw 8,000 fake stingrays that year. Scott Peterson in a fishing outfit with a prop fishing pole with a baby on the hook WAS taboo. I just wasn't ballsy enough to do it. Apparently, neither was anyone else.

-Any character from any recent blockbuster movie. You're going to see a billion variations of each one, no matter how clever you think yours is.

-Costumes that require you to wear something that isn't warm enough for the weather. This might also be more of a problem in California though, because I imagine in Indiana it's already too damn cold to be outside in anything but winter attire already. Here we typically bar hop around the downtown area, so are frequently walking to and from different places.

-Generally uncomfortale costumes (mustaches, bulky, etc. as was mentioned before).

-Costumes which impeded you ability to drink. I'm wrestling with the ninja mask thing alread because I'll have to remove it every time I want to drink. I was going to go as an old school ghost one year too (sheet), but ultimately decided that it wasn't worth the sacrifice of my arms. Also, the rollerblades I planned on wearing would have eventually been an issue. The floating effect would have made the costume, so the blades combined with the lack of arms resulted in me scrapping the idea.

That is my advice.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.

Last edited by Ironic Mustache; 09-16-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of going as Jesus. Not the lawn mowing illegal one who IM already portrayed. But the cross dude with thorns and nails. I suggest running the nails through the wrists instead of hands --easier to handle the drink that way.

A mormon might be cool too, just need a bike helmet and white short sleeve shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 291816
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

I was a business horse last year. While the concept was novel and the delivery just fine...it lasted mere minutes. The mask of the outfit, the real deal maker, hindered both vision and drinking ability. It was also hot as fuck. After about 5 minutes, I became a business man. Not nearly as cool.

Beware of masks.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Suckle

Internets: 155868
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing every douche bag and his brother will be going as the joker this year.

Not being a douche bag, I've decided to go as emo Hitler. That's right, emo Hitler. My hair is long enough to pull off the hair combed over one of the eyes look. I'm going to dye it black, and then put dark eyeliner on. I'll also be drawing a tear drop or two on my cheek. Next, a black outfit, two sizes too small. As for the Hitler part, I will be growing out a beard the entire month of October, and then shaving it Halloween night so I have the infamous Hitler 'stache.

Emo Hitler.

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 09-16-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I got the idea last year to go as a pervert/child molester. Basically wear nothing but white brief underwear with a bunch of stains on it and a trenchcoat that doesn't always get the job done of covering up the underwear. Throw on some of those molester glasses with the huge lenses and gold frame and just walk around all night with a creepy look on your face.

Crossing a line? Perhaps. But that's what Halloween is all about if you ask me.

I like Repug's idea a lot. If I had the right complexion and less Jewish friends, I'd probably steal your idea.

Last edited by Ugly Bastard; 09-16-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

My roommate's girlfriend went as JonBenét Ramsey a couple years back when that was still a big thing. She had the marks around her neck from the strangulation and some fake blood on her head from the blunt trauma. She wore some kind of little-girlish beauty pageant dress.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 208844
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

I went as the joker to the UNLV/Arizona State game went we went into their house and took down #13 in the country.

Talking trash for 6 hours looking like this could only be topped by our 3 scores in the final 7 minutes and OT.

f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Suckle

Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
I'm guessing every douche bag and his brother will be going as the joker this year.
Ha!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Hey F3lix, thanks for tellin me you were in town. Not like I live five minutes away from ASU or anything. Hope you die in a fire.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

I'll pry make make a cat outfit

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

http://www.ehow.com/how_2058654_make-cat-costume.html
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

i was think more along these lines NSFWNSFWFUCKINGFUCKINGNSFWKINDAhttp://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9854945gr0.jpg

#YOLO

Last edited by Orgazmo; 09-16-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

i'm literally speechless. mostly because i could see him actually doing it. boner and all.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
FYP if you were literally speechless.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

In a literal sense, Blonde could still be speechless and still type. However, Blonde's past behavior would indicate he likes to use the word "literally" to convey a sense of magnitude, which makes people look stupid.

If I were Blonde, I would try to avoid the word "literally" all together.

#YOLO
Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEINCREDIBLEdork View Post
which makes people look stupid.

If I were Blonde, I would try to avoid the word "literally" all together.
*altogether

Old 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

youre altogether

#YOLO
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Suckle

*You're
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEINCREDIBLEdork View Post
youre altogether the most awesome poster on this site
Why thank you ID, that was very nice of you.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Internets: 546
C00ter is a glorious beacon of light C00ter is a glorious beacon of light C00ter is a glorious beacon of light C00ter is a glorious beacon of light C00ter is a glorious beacon of light C00ter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to C00ter Send a message via MSN to C00ter

Last year I went to a party as a French maid and my brother-in-law went as Borat. It was pretty fun, but everyone thought I was a fat chick dressed like a slut.
C00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00ter View Post
my brother-in-law went as Borat.
Exactly what NOT to do.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
I got the idea last year to go as a pervert/child molester. Basically wear nothing but white brief underwear with a bunch of stains on it and a trenchcoat that doesn't always get the job done of covering up the underwear. Throw on some of those molester glasses with the huge lenses and gold frame and just walk around all night with a creepy look on your face.
idea: wear black underwear and rub spots of elmer's glue on it

#YOLO
Old 10-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

I suddenly want to go as Rick Astley.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

I've settled on being a Blue Barracuda.