Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #451 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Hold up dude. I didn't defriend you.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #452 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Blonde, seriously dude, why are you posting profanity on my facebook?
Because we are both 28 years old? Do you not swear in public?

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #453 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

In front of my mother? No.

And not in front of children either.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #454 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

And why is that?

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #455 (permalink)
MURICAN

Because most parents would prefer I not and I try to respect people around me.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #456 (permalink)
Spice Master

Okay, so that's your preference for what you believe. If I had sworn around you in public, and your mom or children had been around, would you have called a conference of friends with the hopes of shaming me (not working, btw) in the public forum before telling me?

Or would you have said to me privately "hey man, keep it down, my mom/children are around. Thanks."

Which one do you think is wiser and going to keep someone as your friend as well as not offended you are trying to shame him into censorship?

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #457 (permalink)
MURICAN

Wait a second here. We're talking about Nubblies. It's like 6 of us. And I brought it up because it's been brought up before. Regardless, sorry for mentioning it in public if that really offended you. I do respect that.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #458 (permalink)
Spice Master

I see where you're coming from, and sometimes (usually late at night) I don't think about family/friends on facebook. I just think that posting it here you are attempting to draw on the ire of Moralfag Blondehaters who are looking for pretty much any excuse to feel superior to another person on the board, particularly, given Nubblies history, me. While I admit I perhaps shouldn't have swore on your page, I would have reacted much differently with a personal, private explanation of the matter, rather than what seems as trying to elicit a digital stockade.

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #459 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

"Moralfag Blondehaters" is the new name of my 8-0 fantasy football team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #460 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
I see where you're coming from, and sometimes (usually late at night) I don't think about family/friends on facebook. I just think that posting it here you are attempting to draw on the ire of Moralfag Blondehaters who are looking for pretty much any excuse to feel superior to another person on the board, particularly, given Nubblies history, me. While I admit I perhaps shouldn't have swore on your page, I would have reacted much differently with a personal, private explanation of the matter, rather than what seems as trying to elicit a digital stockade.
This, genuinely, was my attempt at a semi-personal message. I really didn't expect everybody else to get involved and bash you. Take a deep breath.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #461 (permalink)
Spice Master

I get that you're saying "take a deep breath" to try and instill some form of condescension and imply that I'm panicking/overreacting, and it's adorable, but please recall it was you who brought this up, not I.

If you didn't think that would happen (which is silly as it often does), you can review the proceedings from here: Bashing Lame Friends on Facebook

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #462 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Bashing Lame Friends on Nubblies.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #463 (permalink)

Internets: 252353
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get a description of the swear word used and the context that it was used it? I feel like since this has been brought to the board's attention it is the board's responsibilty to judge whether Blonde is being an asshole or DJ FC is being a bitch afraid of swear words.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #464 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious now too because Blonde has a track record of being an asshole and FC has a track record of being a bitch.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #465 (permalink)
Suckle

Internets: 155868
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

IM has a track record of telling it like it is!
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #466 (permalink)
Spice Master

Friend requested Kremlin a while back, saw a back-and-forth between kremlin and FC on FC's wall (also that he was friends with like, 6 other nubblites, leaving me to feel a bit excluded), I had a few beers last night, said something akin to "PAUL WHY HAVEN'T YOU ACCEPTED MY FRIEND REQUEST FAGGOT", probably not the best judgment call, but could have easily been deleted.

That's it.

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #467 (permalink)

Internets: 252353
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

This is very interesting. In my professional opinion, Blonde was being an asshole, BUT, that's only because of the special circumstances of it being posted on DJ FC's wall (meaning that he's a faggot and it might have offended his faggot friends). I don't think faggot is a swear word, and I routinely use it around my mother and other small children.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #468 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Blonde does has difficulty recognizing societal boundaries, but I probably would have just deleted it.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #469 (permalink)
Spice Master

I honestly don't really mind being called an asshole for saying it, and deleted it once he mentioned it on here. My main beef is that it could have been solved much more diplomatically if he would have just sent me a message saying "hey man, not trying to censor you or anything, but my mom's on my page, not cool".

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #470 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironic Mustache View Post
Blonde does has difficulty recognizing societal boundaries, but I probably would have just deleted it.
Words are wind.

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #471 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
Words are wind.
That just blew my mind.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #472 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Blonde remember when you defriended me for posting something inappropriate? Then you go and do the same thing to someone else? FOR FUCKING SHAME.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #473 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

There is so much wrong with Blonde in this thread that I think I need to log off, turn off my computer, and process this for a while.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #474 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Blonde remember when you defriended me for posting something inappropriate? Then you go and do the same thing to someone else? FOR FUCKING SHAME.
1. Calling someone who is in their mid-20's a faggot halfway across the globe is not quite the same thing as you inferring I should make my 1 year old niece give me a blowjob.

2. I deleted it and brought it up to you privately via message before bringing it to Nubblies (unlike what FC did). After you laughed in my face and inferred you would write something like that again, I defriended you.

These are pretty significant differences. Note them.

― Terence McKenna
Old 11-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #475 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 208844
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

What a sad state facebook has become if you cannot call your friend a faggot on their wall.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote