Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   I want an iPhone...should I wait? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/general-chat/17115-i-want-iphone-should-i-wait.html)

AcTivE 02-09-2009 11:49 AM

I want an iPhone...should I wait?

I really want to get an iPhone..but am wondering if I should wait. I could care less about storage capacity and what not..I just need for phone calls/IM/and browsing...anyone keep up w/them at all? Is something new coming out soon?

THEINCREDIBLEdork 02-09-2009 12:44 PM

then who was phone?

BigDongedHoe 02-09-2009 12:49 PM

If you have sprint for service I have the Samsung Instinct.

It's unbelieveable all of the things you can do with it, I've used the i.phone and I'm almost tempted to say I like this better. It pretty much depends on your service which smartphone you get.

I can only reccomend to not get the Blackberry Storm. The lag is terrible with it and the whole click screen/touch screen business sucks. I'm shocked blackberry put out such a horrible product.

AcTivE 02-09-2009 12:54 PM

i have no phone at all (just skype..which has worked..and saved me a ton of money..only $4.95/mo)..so I want to get something soon.

Really I need an awesome browser...and from what I've read...you can do any type of browsing w/iPhone..

I will check out the instinct.

..And yea..I heard that the blackberry touch screen is absolutely God awful terribad

Dent 02-09-2009 01:14 PM

There will be a new Iphone within 6 months, the 2.2.1 firmwire which was released the other week all but confirms this.
there are phones out now which on paper beat the iphone (n97, even the storm and such)
but none of them compare to the ease of use.
New one is rumoured to have video conferencing and such, with a camera on the front.
IPhone 3G 2.0: Next Generation iPhone May Have Videoconferencing, At Last

Take a look at the samsung omnia, I heard it sucked originally but is a little better now, it all depends what you can buy one for.

Orgazmo 02-09-2009 02:43 PM

Throwing the Touch Pro into the mix. I've had it for a few months now (with Spring, though I think other carriers have different versions of it) and couldn't imagine it being better.

Having played with iPhones and reading all types of reviews and shit about phones, the only negative I'd have with them are the lack of hardware keyboard. If you care about having a keyboard, check out the touch pro. If not, the iPhone is prly better if for no other reason than the app store. You can get most of the apps for the TP for free, but it'd be nice to have an organized marketplace for them.

Mr. Blonde 02-09-2009 02:50 PM

I find that I like analog-controlled phones and mp3 players better than touch-sensitive ones. Touch-sensitive pads seem to just break more and have more glitches.

DJ FC 02-09-2009 02:51 PM

Amateurs.

The BlackBerry Bold with a real keypad is king:
BlackBerry Bold

Dent 02-09-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George W. Bush (Post 375556)
Amateurs.

The BlackBerry Bold with a real keypad is king:
BlackBerry Bold

Does it come with a full web browser? no?
Battery life? non existant?

The app store/userbase on the iphone alone (once jailbreaked) is worth it.
The touch screen will probably be a pain for a while, but thats what you get for the size, if you want bigger you're looking at the 7' Asus EEE laptops.

Cons of the Iphone:
no copy and paste (unless you jailbreak it)
no mms (unless you jailbreak it)

Active said he wants a phone for browsing, Iphone is a clear winner.

By 'Touch Pro' you mean this?
PC Pro: Product Reviews: HTC Touch HD
Probably worth looking at, there's also the T-Mobile G1

Mr. Blonde 02-09-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent (Post 375561)
(once jailbreaked)

is this britfag for hacked?

Orgazmo 02-09-2009 03:23 PM

No, the Touch HD is the iphone-esque version of the touch pro.

HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

It's nearly identical to the phone you linked to...except it has a keyboard and a smaller screen.

Dent 02-09-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde (Post 375562)
is this britfag for hacked?

No, its the term coined for unlocking an Iphone, using quickpwn or something similar
QuickPWN
I guess its amerifag.

Repugnant Abomination 02-09-2009 03:32 PM

Do you really need an iphone? It might be wiser to put that money in the bank.

Mr. Blonde 02-09-2009 03:38 PM

Or buy some bottles at da club.

Ugly Bastard 02-09-2009 03:58 PM

No offense, but the Touch Pro blows pretty hard compared to the iPhone. As does the new Blackberry. I can't stand Apple groupies, so it pains me hard to say it: but the iPhone is pretty much 5 years ahead of its time. Amazing device.

DJ FC 02-09-2009 04:13 PM

BlackBerry is God. UB you will repent.

Ugly Bastard 02-09-2009 04:18 PM

Yea Blackberry is god as long as you don't mind a touch screen with horrible link accuracy and reaction time. Also, if you have sex with men then Blackberry is good too.

Mr. Blonde 02-09-2009 04:31 PM

i'm still rockin the Pearl it works fine for what i need it for

Orgazmo 02-09-2009 05:17 PM

I mean, the iPhone is great for dumbasses. Like macs. The icons are pretty. Just like the mouths of young boys.

If you're into full functionality, expansion possibilities, and using your phone for more than saying hi to a friend, I'd look elsewhere.

I'd look toward the touch pro.

(the blackberry is for faggots too)

THEINCREDIBLEdork 02-09-2009 05:48 PM

I just wish someone out there would offer a phone with full functionality, expansion possibilities, AND icons just like the mouths of young boys.

ninjaface 02-09-2009 05:48 PM

Google Phone?

Orgazmo 02-09-2009 06:47 PM

The google phone is a manpleaser too.

Seriously, just get a touch pro.

Dent 02-09-2009 07:07 PM

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../SpecTable.jpg
Google one is the T-Mobile
HTC is (similar/exactly?) touch pro
Thats just the hardware, googles software is retarded and buggy.

Orgazmo 02-09-2009 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^I think that may be the mogul...basically the old version of the TP. According to wikipedia:

http://www.nubblies.net/forums/attac...it-comparo.jpg

...so it basically comes down to software. Do you want a mac, a pc, or a google thing that's new?

Orgazmo 02-09-2009 09:30 PM

On the phone topic, have any of you assholes gotten google latitude?