Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #76 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Fuhrer View Post
There is also evidence to suggest that life with humans has increased the intelligence of domesticated animals. For example, the dog was one of the first animals to be domesticated and the cat was one of the very last. If you point at something in front of a dog, it will look to where you are pointing. On the other hand, if you point at something in front of a cat, it will stare at your finger and never look to where you are pointing.
There is actually heavy evidence to the contrary. Untrained domestic dogs are stupider and lazier than their wolf counterparts.

I was just reading a pretty interesting article on the average human brain actually decreasing in mass over the past 20,000 years. One of the theories suggests that humans have in essence "domesticated" ourselves. There is evidence that primitive civilizations were very liberal with the use of capital punishment and this eventually lead to them basically killing more of the "dickheads" off leaving the more docile to reproduce. Docility is prevalent in every domesticated species. One of the other changes observed in EVERY DOMESTICATED SPECIES is a smaller brain to body ratio than its ancestors, typically resulting in dumber animals.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #77 (permalink)
The Government

Internets: 1037
zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of zebrazebrazebraSHAFT has much to be proud of

Read this if you are gay.
zebrazebrazebraSHAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #78 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

when I grow up I'm going to bovine university.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #79 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaga1220 View Post
when I grow up I'm going to bovine university.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #80 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good lecture on the topic. If you guys can make it past his initial lecturing style and the first 25 minutes he starts to get real fucking convincing. I'm not about to throw out the bacon and cheese I have and the fact I can't eat any wheat products limits a lot I can do, but this is the first time I've ever thought about vegetarian/veganism to this extent.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 02-17-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #81 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

You watched this whole thing and can't summarize for us any better than to say "watch it, he's convincing"?!

Next time you're going to share a video this long, please take notes of his main points to share along with a link to the video so the tl;dw crowd still gains some benefit.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #82 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if we talk in terms of length, this video is just over an hour, and I wrote about two sentences. On the other hand, You bitched quite a bit about none of us watching The Wire, which is 5 seasons long, each episode an hour long, and didn't really give us a run-down of every episode.

You have the free time and you're interested in veganism. Buck up and watch the lecture, it's how you learn things.
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #83 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

You surely see how recommending a TV show and posting a one hour video on veganism are different, right?

Do you ever just say "my bad, you're right" anymore?
Unread 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #84 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously Blonde, a TV show recommendation in a a thread full of TV episodes recommendations is one thing ... but to slap up a 70 minute video with a picture of some fucking hipster nerd as its starting screen and the disclaimer:

Quote:
If you guys can make it past his initial lecturing style and the first 25 minutes he starts to get real fucking convincing.
I can't see any reason for anyone to really want to watch it with that sort of promotion. Perhaps if you included maybe a short summary of some of his key points that would entice us to watch it.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #85 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

tl;dw

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #86 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Title of video is also very inaccurate.

I will never hear that speech.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #87 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

More like the best speech you will never hear!
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #88 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
You surely see how recommending a TV show and posting a one hour video on veganism are different, right?

Do you ever just say "my bad, you're right" anymore?
No, I don't?

Since when are watching to learn and watching to be entertained two different things? I like lectures more than I like TV shows.

You're not right. Either watch it, or don't. But don't bitch to me about not selling it to you/begging you to watch it. It made an impact on me so I posted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Seriously Blonde, a TV show recommendation in a a thread full of TV episodes recommendations is one thing ... but to slap up a 70 minute video with a picture of some fucking hipster nerd as its starting screen and the disclaimer:

I can't see any reason for anyone to really want to watch it with that sort of promotion. Perhaps if you included maybe a short summary of some of his key points that would entice us to watch it.
DDtempest, you negrepped me for my post? Nice. It's not terrible logic, it comes down to a matter of how much time you'd like to waste. A TV show recommendation post (where, after recommending it, you complain that others are not watching it even though you didn't properly sell it -- basically guilt tripping people into a watching something) is not that much different than posting an interesting lecture on Veganism. TV shows are a higher time investment and honestly, I enjoyed watching the hour of the lecture more than I did the first season of The Wire. If i'm missing something, please let me know.

Quote:
with a picture of some fucking hipster nerd
You automatically made assumptions about the video without even watching it; this is your problem, not mine. The fact that me, motherfucking is posting a video about VEGANISM that has influenced me should honestly be enough to spark your curiosity. I really doubt typing out a summary of the video would influence you guys one way or the other.

You guys are being pretty huge niggers about this. I understand there has been a lack of content on the board lately, but there's no reason to be such whiny niggers, really.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 02-17-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #89 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
You watched this whole thing and can't summarize for us any better than to say "watch it, he's convincing"?!

Next time you're going to share a video this long, please take notes of his main points to share along with a link to the video so the tl;dw crowd still gains some benefit.
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard
That is a pretty long video Blonde. Any chance of getting a summary of it before settling down and watching the entire thing? I'm interested, but for a Youtube video, I'm going to need some convincing

Knowing my personality and namely the fact that no human likes to be talked down to by assholes, which one do you think might have elicited a better response from me?
Unread 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #90 (permalink)

I'm sorry I'll try to work on my sensitivity in dealings with you from here forward.
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #91 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
You automatically made assumptions about the video without even watching it; this is your problem, not mine. The fact that me, motherfucking is posting a video about VEGANISM that has influenced me should honestly be enough to spark your curiosity.
You gave it a disclaimer. A HUGE FUCKING ASTERIX with the footnote:

Quote:
If you guys can make it past his initial lecturing style and the first 25 minutes he starts to get real fucking convincing.
So basically you said the first 25 minutes are bad and THEN it STARTS to get convincing ... why the fuck on Earth would you expect any of us to be interested in that? How many movies have you ever watched after someone said "well the first half fucking sucks, but if you can make it through that the second half is pretty decent"? How many?

Quote:
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #92 (permalink)
Spice Master

I'll give your argument credence when you can highlight when I said the first 25 minutes were bad or sucked. Go on.
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #93 (permalink)
Spice Master

You guys sure are wasting a lot of time bitching about my lack of a summary, time that would be better spent just watching the god-damned video.
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #94 (permalink)

I AM BLONDE, I STAKED MY SELF-IDENTITY ON BEING INTELLECTUAL SINCE I GOT TO ASIA SO NOW IF YOU CRITICIZE OR IN ANY WAY IMPLY THAT SOMETHING I SAY MERITS A COUNTERCOMMENT I WILL BATTLE YOU EVEN IF IT MAKES ME SOUND LESS INTELLIGENT THAN YOU THOUGHT I WAS WHEN I GOT TO ASIA, HI.
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #95 (permalink)
Spice Master

Unread 02-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #96 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Hey Guys,

Just finished watching this video. It starts off a little slow, but, if you can give it a fair shot, I think you'll start to see it's brilliance around hour 7.

You all know me well enough to know that I hate long YouTube videos. The fact that I, , watched this entire video should let you know how good it is.

Let me know what you think.

kthxbye
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #97 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Korean girls get butthurt easily.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #98 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
No, I don't?

Since when are watching to learn and watching to be entertained two different things? I like lectures more than I like TV shows.

You're not right. Either watch it, or don't. But don't bitch to me about not selling it to you/begging you to watch it. It made an impact on me so I posted it.

DDtempest, you negrepped me for my post? Nice. It's not terrible logic, it comes down to a matter of how much time you'd like to waste. A TV show recommendation post (where, after recommending it, you complain that others are not watching it even though you didn't properly sell it -- basically guilt tripping people into a watching something) is not that much different than posting an interesting lecture on Veganism. TV shows are a higher time investment and honestly, I enjoyed watching the hour of the lecture more than I did the first season of The Wire. If i'm missing something, please let me know.

You automatically made assumptions about the video without even watching it; this is your problem, not mine. The fact that me, motherfucking is posting a video about VEGANISM that has influenced me should honestly be enough to spark your curiosity. I really doubt typing out a summary of the video would influence you guys one way or the other.

You guys are being pretty huge niggers about this. I understand there has been a lack of content on the board lately, but there's no reason to be such whiny niggers, really.
As if it weren't enough that these posts litter every thread the mentions religion...

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #99 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Blonde I don't know if i'm following this right but I don't think UB is pretending he's a vegan (faggot) for the week because he's in any survival situation.
Meat tastes good, I eat it.
could I get a rat please?
vegan recipes also welcome
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #100 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
There is actually heavy evidence to the contrary. Untrained domestic dogs are stupider and lazier than their wolf counterparts.

I was just reading a pretty interesting article on the average human brain actually decreasing in mass over the past 20,000 years.
Brain size had peaked and decreased a little before we developed any technology more advanced than Acheulean handaxes, population density and the ability to specialise had a lot more to do with civilisation and high tech.
humans are very shitty creatures solo.

High population density triggers cultural explosions

“Scientists have offered many suggestions as to why these cultural explosions occurred where and when they did, including new mutations leading to better brains, advances in language, and expansions into new environments that required new technologies to survive. The problem is that none of these explanations can fully account for the appearance of modern human behaviour at different times in different places, or its temporary disappearance in sub-Saharan Africa.”
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote