Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #101 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 205905
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Dent, I'm not sure what the which hunt is about, but the app I was using STILL doesn't show it as received. The new app I'm using does show it, despite it taking nearly a week to synch with the system. It's a new style of transferring currency and when all others are saying they received it and I didn't, I wanted to know why. Can you identify any other kind of currency of which doesn't show up when it is said to have sent?
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #102 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Honestly dude how many times do we have to tell you that the transaction is done when it's printed in the blockchain and your shitty fucking client doesn't matter. Your software sucks. No idea why, but you can always verify a transaction directly in the blockchain as I have done for you twice now.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #103 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
So this is some sort of ponzi scheme?

How can you buy a bitcoin for $1 if a bitcoin is allegedly worth more than that?
Who is selling them for $1?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #104 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Who is selling them for $1?
My bad, terrible font made the bitcoin symbol look like a dollar sign

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #105 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

How about them trading for $47 now?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #106 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 100494
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

~$75 Fuck.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #107 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

If I ever cash in the Bitcoin DJ FC sent me for four-figures I am going to send him a nice spiral ham at Christmas.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #108 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

The urge to collect a lot of these is becoming stronger.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #109 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

FC - please discuss how much attention you're paying to this explosion in price. What are you and your peers discussing at work?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #110 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282469
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

I know this is a thread I'll look back on and regret, but I still can't remove the doubts about the liquidity of the currency. Could you exchange bitcoin to $20000 in a week? What about when the value no longer is growing 200% a week? What if I invest 30,000 now and it drops 15% next week and stabilizes for 6 months? How long would it take me to find a cash buyer?

Only thing that makes me feel secure about all this is that I know if DJFC becomes a billionaire from bitcoins he'll be kind enough to drop each of his nubblies family members a mil.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #111 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

?Challenging the dollar?: Bitcoin total value tops $1 billion ? RT News

Quote:
the founder of the Swedish Pirate Party, Rick Falkvinge, estimated that Bitcoin could capture between 1 and 10 percent of the global foreign exchange market. This implies that the price of each and every bitcoin would rise to between $100,000 and $1 million
Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #112 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 207659
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, who's dick do you have to suck around here to get a bit coin?
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #113 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

LOL at having 3600 valued at 100k each.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #114 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

"Keiser believes that Bitcoin users and the currency itself have little to worry about, unlike most of Internet startups feeling themselves suddenly vulnerable to government oversight. Bitcoins are not issued by a central body, and rely on a network of verification nodes to regulate transactions; in the future, Bitcoin users may achieve enough political clout to defend itself in traditional arenas.

“As Bitcoin's price increases, the new Bitcoin millionaires and billionaires will use their economic clout to rewrite laws in favor of Bitcoin, the same way banks like JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs lobby government to write laws that favor them,” he explained."

Lulz, no.

Article 1, Sec 8

"The Congress shall have Power To [blah, blah blah]

[blah, blah blah]

[blah, blah blah]

[blah, blah blah]

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #115 (permalink)
MURICAN

The world is bigger than USA dude.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #116 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
The world is bigger than USA dude.
Bitcoins are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #117 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Bitcoins are not.
Yes,

Yes they are. If Bitcoin only takes off in 3rd world countries I'd be over-the-moon happy. And it's 3rd world countries where it has the most promise.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #118 (permalink)

FC, just curious how many hours/week do you spend reading about and discussing Bitcoins?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #119 (permalink)

Internets: 246457
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Bitcoins will fail and everyone you've ever loved will die.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #120 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

when are my two bitcoins going to be worth $2,000,000? I just need a rough estimate so I can plan my retirement.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #121 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts

i have a bitcoin stuck in my p-hole... $150 to whoever can get it out.

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Old 04-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #122 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
FC, just curious how many hours/week do you spend reading about and discussing Bitcoins?
Maybe 10-20

Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #123 (permalink)
Wieners Out

Internets: 155419
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

I still have not received my bitcoin.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #124 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 100494
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly what I would expect from someone that didn't ask for one within the 48 hour deadline (or at all from what I can see)
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #125 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

can we get a scrolling bitcoin price tracker at the top of the page?

Quote: