Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #51 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Merger. People who want to keep their jobs can under that scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I've given notice that we're gutting the Arlington location. I expect to downsize dramatically in the next 90 days. Maybe 5 lawyers with equal number of support. We have already set up to move into a new smaller location. I've consolidated a lot of jobs, eliminated many others. The big clients I've told not to send any large files. The small jobs are not a problem and we'll keep that open.

The Dallas office is down to 2 attorneys and one catch all assistant. I've contracted out book keeping and payroll. The plan to shut it down by February 2013 is in full swing.

The plan is to keep one of the Dallas area offices open and open a Denver office. The goal is to get to doing small shit with individuals and just make enough to pay the bills. I doubt I'll ever fully retire. But I don't want to work long hours anymore. It's probably as close as I can get to walking away

Quote:

Last edited by angry pancake; 03-14-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Misspelled away.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

If I got my law degree could I take over?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 291816
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Update: I've given notice that we're gutting the Arlington location. I expect to downsize dramatically in the next 90 days. Maybe 5 lawyers with equal number of support. We have already set up to move into a new smaller location. I've consolidated a lot of jobs, eliminated many others. The big clients I've told not to send any large files. The small jobs are not a problem and we'll keep that open.

The Dallas office is down to 2 attorneys and one catch all assistant. I've contracted out book keeping and payroll. The plan to shut it down by February 2013 is in full swing.

The plan is to keep one of the Dallas area offices open and open a Denver office. The goal is to get to doing small shit with individuals and just make enough to pay the bills. I doubt I'll ever fully retire. But I don't want to work long hours anymore. It's probably as close as I can get to walking away
Way to be. I'd imagine that was a moderately difficult step to take, but one that you'll be quite happy with in the coming years.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #55 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
If I got my law degree could I take over?
Law license is the requirement. Then sure, there's no reason why you couldn't in theory. Not sure why you would want to. I'm sure you'd do a fine job at it. I'm also sure that once you figure out what it all entails, you'll realize that it wasn't necessary to take over anything. The rain always follows the rainmaker. You'd be mistaken to believe that any client is contractually obligated to remain with any firm or attorney for one second longer than they desire. There is no penalty for them to do that. You simply refund the unearned portion of their retainer and watch them walk out the door. Makes selling one of these things a bitch. Makes merging a bitch too when everyone knows the only value is in the book of business that's transported to the merger walks out right behind me. So you'd be taking over desks, chairs, filing cabinets, etc. and leases. If it works, and I'm sure you could make it work, it's because of what you did and had little to nothing to do with what you took over. You'll have to steal your own clients.

Disclosure: I have two very very big clients. Both are the benefit of nepotism. Everyone knows this. If you're really "determined" to take one of these over, get your license and give it a go. I'll help you out in the transition the best I can.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

I want them too. First one with a law degree gets them!

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 108469
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
The plan to shut it down by February 2013 is in full swing.
How has this gone?
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #58 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
How has this gone?
Basically is shut down. I still have stuff that is going to take a awhile to wind down. But I've closed down the main office. Moved into an executive suites on a month to month basis that provides the receptionist etc. I'm not really accepting much new stuff at all and nothing that is going to take years to complete or is complicated. Right now it's down to me part time and Mrs. Pancake part time. Nothing else.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #59 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

FC can have the clients.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #60 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Did you reverse course?

Edit: screen shot of AP soliciting likes on FB for his law firm previously featured here, taken down by request.

Last edited by Ugly Bastard; 06-06-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #61 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Nothing has changed since the March post. Not much new is going on. The facebook solicitation was a jab at the numerous other friends who have been soliciting like for their whatever other page. If you clink on the link, you'd see the "business page" is barely set up and has almost no activity in 5 years. But thank you for your "like" (if you in fact did like).

Also public thanks for taking down the person stuff. I'd really hate to explain the entire AP shit to somebody.

Quote:
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #62 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Why are you so ashamed of us?

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote