Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #126 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Binged on westworld, good stuff!
Anyone know how the mind/brain of the vat people is linked to the avatars in westworld?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
Considering I was mocked on these boards for bringing philosophy into the discussion, my cocksure attitude leaves me no doubt that eventually Dent will come around to my way of thinking (again), because I'm so much smarter than him.
Please sum up your line of thinking so I can easily quote it in future to let you know how wrong I was I'm not ashamed that my philosophy is weak-sauce, and you're cockpug because I know a bunch of people smarter than either of us who disagree, you've acted like there's consensus and i'm the only one who doesn't have a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
That said, if you don't think abstract concepts exist then there's no need for us to go any further, because we can't agree on a premise on which to base our arguments on.
I asked a friend about this and I almost get what you're getting at, this is his response.

Quote:
• perhaps compare sematic meaning. A treatise can be written outlining that no state of the world can "really" be about another state of the world...meanings are useful fictions that ultimately have no place in a naturalistic world picture.
And yet such a treatise has to rely on meaning in some sense to make its case...
08/11/2016 22:14
an "as if" platonism is hugely fruitful
without it one will miss countless features of the world, just as one would by disavowing sematic meaning...
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2016, 07:20 PM   #127 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Urban Dictionary: Triangulism

Triangulism is the belief that the ultimate omnipotent force is the Triangle. The Triangle consists of three components. Crayon, a physical manifestation of piety. Maths, the logistics in which substantial mathmatical evidence supports the thesis of the Triangles strength. Cool-air, the benevolent forces of forgiveness and comfort.

Triangulism rejects and denounces the notions of Circularism, which proposes the strength of the circle over the Triangle. Triangular scriptures say that the Circle was once a square. But, tired of subversion, the square rounded it's edges and corners and proposed an opposing kingdom to the Triangle.

Mathmatical evidence suggests that the Triangle is the strongest polygon, and no other polygon can exist without two or more triangles. Humans are viewed as Cones, both triangular and circular. Because of this, the Triangle is understanding of human frailties and imperfections and therefore doesn't condemn humanity. However, those who willingly take the side of the circle are condemned to the circular kingdom.
(Tri-ang-gyoo-lisum)

Peace is at hand. Rejoice, for the Triangle hath defeated the circle and it's ally, copper.
Unread 12-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #128 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/philo/f...pers/Globe.pdf
@ Blonde

Bicameral mind 1977

Haven't watched the latest westworld but apparently it's not following this any more
Unread 02-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #129 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Quote:
Digital sentience as created by a hypothetical artificial intelligence could potentially be considered to have some level of sentience and thus moral consideration. It is not guaranteed that such sentience would be well cared for by some overarching AI, or whether they would have good lives….. If digital sentience has, on average, net negative lives, spreading digital sentience throughout the universe could be bad. There is a substantial literature on AI safety, risks and digital sentience that this essay assumes some familiarity with. For a complete overview of the technical and strategic considerations, see Superintelligence (Bostrom 2014).
Dat dere digital sentience putting in meaningful work.
(Dent doesn't understand the digital sentience thing and thinks it's buzzy bollocks)
Unread 03-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #130 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

cocksniffingpug oh wise one can you tell me about them abstract objects please
ps you are the best
Unread 05-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #131 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Great talk from Phil Goff arguing for consciousness being an intrinsic aspect of physical stuffy stuff, Dennet is on the same boat but not in the same boat and asks how to find this intrinsic stuff with a pointer via the science

Unread 06-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #132 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

After the ecstasy, more ecstasy!
Unread 07-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #133 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

NUMBER 1 WILL SHOCK UR BOLLOCKS OFF

10 Strange Animal Problems With Even Stranger Solutions – WOWrly
Unread 07-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #134 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Fun Fact: In #8, the mentioned zoo is mere minutes from Nubblies.net's very own Stabmaster Arson's residence.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2017, 07:16 AM   #135 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

https://www.amazon.com/Biotechnology...dp/B075MV9KS2/

Can Biotechnology Abolish Suffering?

Nope, because Repug said something about not being able to have one without the other on the nubblies a while ago.

Dent gets a note of thanks for his contribution to the collection..

paperback release 2k18

Last edited by Dent; 10-02-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Unread 10-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #136 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Everything you've ever seen or experienced is a miniature internal replica inside your head.

Unread 10-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #137 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

But your dick couldn't get any more miniature
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #138 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

My dick only gets bigger the further you move away from it.
It also gets bigger the further you move towards it.
Unread 10-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #139 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Joke's on you. I'm stationary.

write on me
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #140 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Feynman disagrees, but fuck that guy he doesn't know what he's talking about, and he's definitely not the product of a hidden esoteric school.
Unread 11-24-2017, 07:05 AM   #141 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

What's new? a bunch of actual cocksuckers think they can slice me up with Ockham's by not positing unity of consciousness. as much as i'd like to posit this unfortunately we must "save the phenomena" and I know what I see.. they don't even explain how it "seems" like there is any unity.
Good job that stanford philosophy agrees with me on this shit.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/c...nity/#ConsUnif

To sum up the discussion of scepticism about unified consciousness so far, the argument that the unity of consciousness is real, indeed is a central feature of our kind of mind, seems to be strong.
Unread 12-15-2017, 07:21 AM   #142 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_grounding_problem

I know there's a problem, press your body to mine.
Unread 01-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #143 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

First u start with a little pinch of Thesis
Unread 01-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #144 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

<3 Galen Strawson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvaOJUPiB68
Unread 01-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #145 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

He just emailed me!
Unread 02-12-2018, 07:37 AM   #146 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_grounding_problem

I know there's a problem, press your body to mine.

“How can the semantic interpretation of a formal symbol system be made intrinsic to the system, rather than just parasitic on the meanings in our heads? How can the meanings of the meaningless symbol tokens, manipulated solely on the basis of their (arbitrary) shapes, be grounded in anything but other meaningless symbols”.
(Steven Harnad, The Symbol Grounding Problem, 1990)
Unread 02-28-2018, 09:06 AM   #147 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

hey repug how is semantic meaning possible?
How can one state of affairs be “about” another state of affairs?
This is really bugging me and I'll make the presumably small amount of time it takes you to respond worthwhile.
hashtag aloneamongstthezombiez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Maybe you could explain why they do instead of having a strop?
Unread 02-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #148 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

https://www.iep.utm.edu/sellars/
Unread 06-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #149 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

What is the world described by physics made of?
Unread 06-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #150 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

To be clear the answer is fucking consciousness woooo