Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by blackbirdsjoy:
Do research on your own, don't depend on others to convince you of where you should stand.
I've heard that "Case for Christ" is a good book for the questions you have, but i have yet to totally get through it myself.
I read this again. You really are having problems understanding the point of the thread. The point is to create an argument against my beliefs, not come up with what I should believe. Hopefully I just imparted some understanding to you, I can hope at least...

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Blonde:

That should answer your entire question for the thread.
I would like to know how this is supposed to answer my entire question. I don't find any Truth to the statement. In fact, it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

[ May 03, 2005, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: AcTivE ]

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Unwanted

Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
Yea, thats fine, until that God is Allah.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Unwanted

Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Beebs:
Whatever God is up there, I would certainly hope he has sense enough to judge a human life based on the person's character, not the religion they were born into. There are Buddhists and Hindus that live a better Christian life than some Christians and vice versa.
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #31 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh the endless religion wars. God is God. Christianity and Buddhism and Islam and and Taoism - all of this - it's just different cultures with different takes on what God is. We cannot know what God is truly. We are dumb humans. Religion is something man came up with in an attempt to simplify something that cannot be simplified - and (of course) we fucked it up.

Think about this: God is not just as detailed in the Bible or the Koran or any other writing or belief. God is all of this. To most humans, God is two dimmensional. Like Christians look at one side of a technicolor ball and say "That is God! He's yellow in the top left, some orange on the bottom, a little swirl in the middle". A Muslim looks as that same exact ball, only from the opposite side, and he says "God has some blue and white swirls on the right, some pink and maroonish on the left, with some green on the bottom". But the things humans are too stupid to realize is; we're all describing the same ball. And that ball's full essense isn't totally captured by the descriptions of a person just looking at one side of it. Open your eyes and your mind.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by AcTivE:
I appreciate the picture too Blonde, you are a help.
. Anything I can do to spread the faith.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Schroeder:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Beebs:

Whatever God is up there, I would certainly hope he has sense enough to judge a human life based on the person's character, not the religion they were born into. There are Buddhists and Hindus that live a better Christian life than some Christians and vice versa.
</font>[/quote]
Then why would you be afraid of living "as if there is no god and finding out there isn't?" Thats probably better than believing in a different God, or at least no worse, so enough with that faggy argument about "I'd rather believe in god and find out I'm wrong"

[ May 03, 2005, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Beebs ]
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
But maybe God reallly isn't all of these things?

Maybe it's some kid playing 'The Sims,' and he'll only let you in if you say the code word.
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
Originally posted by Ugly Bastard:
Ahh the endless religion wars. God is God. Christianity and Buddhism and Islam and and Taoism - all of this - it's just different cultures with different takes on what God is. We cannot know what God is truly. We are dumb humans. Religion is something man came up with in an attempt to simplify something that cannot be simplified - and (of course) we fucked it up.

Think about this: God is not just as detailed in the Bible or the Koran or any other writing or belief. God is all of this.
The gods of the three major monotheistic religions are basically the same idea, but they are far different than the idea of god in Buddism of Taoism.

Also you argue that man cannot know what god is, then go on to tell us what god is, its a bit contradictory. God could absolutely be the vengeful god of the old testament, god could very well be the exact version of god in the Q'uran, it is no less plausible than this pussy ass watered down multiple faith god of yours.
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
There are also atheists, deists, etc. who live better lives than people who avidly believe in a God...so if they have a fantastic character but don't believe in anything they are "worse" than a person who has a fantastic character and believes in the wrong God? You're contradicting yourself.

Quote:
Originally posted by AcTivE:

And as I pointed out--it had to be created by man. We live in an imperfect world, how could there be a perfect text straight from God?
Maybe I misunderstood...if you'd take a concrete stance on this issue it'd make it a lot easier. I read this as you asking the hypothetical question "how could there be a perfect text straight from God", inferring that this is an impossibility, and that he would have to channel himself through man to have the book written. But other people have pointed out that even if the Bible was influenced by God, it was still written by man, which leaves it subject to errors...So in this question you gave a reason as to why people should not completely trust the Bible.

That's how I took it, anyways.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Unwanted

Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />There are also atheists, deists, etc. who live better lives than people who avidly believe in a God...so if they have a fantastic character but don't believe in anything they are "worse" than a person who has a fantastic character and believes in the wrong God? You're contradicting yourself.

</font>[/quote]
No, I really don't think I am contradicting myself. A person who believes in the wrong god is still definitely better than not believing. Atheism is just a huge copout. To look around at the world around and just say that there is no higher being is just asinine.

It's like trying something new. Better to try that something and be wrong than to just pussy out and not try at all. Take a side. Stand for something.
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Spice Master

What about when someone dies, and Christians say "God wanted him/her with him in heaven" or when something bad happens, Christians say "It's all in God's master plan"? Personally, I think that's a cop out, for people who can't deal with a simple fact of life: shit happens.

Also, Deists do believe in God, just in a much more rational way (imo) than Christians and other religions.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #39 (permalink)
Poor Sport

You've gotta be foot fucking me. You can't see how you're contradicting yourself? I'll do it more slowly this time.

Quote:
There are Buddhists and Hindus that live a better Christian life than some Christians and vice versa.
Quote:
Originally posted by Beebs:
Then why would you be afraid of living "as if there is no god and finding out there isn't?" Thats probably better than believing in a different God, or at least no worse, so enough with that faggy argument about "I'd rather believe in god and find out I'm wrong"
You don't know this god you insist is absolutely true, you admit this, but then you tell me how exactly how his ranking system works.

Like it or not, despite what some liberal douchebag hippy may tell you, there are pretty fucking large and fundamental differences between different religions view on god, they can't all be right, and if some of them are right, your skinny ass is gonna be in trouble.

Quote:

It's like trying something new. Better to try that something and be wrong than to just pussy out and not try at all. Take a side. Stand for something.
This is absolutely fucking rediculous, and you should be ashamed of your stupid fucking ass for typing it.

An atheist says "I don't believe there is a god" how is that not "taking a side?" More importantly, why does taking a side matter, what if there is a god that says "I only like those who don't take sides, the rest are going to hell."
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
Unwanted

Quote:
What about when someone dies, and Christians say "God wanted him/her with him in heaven" or when something bad happens, Christians say "It's all in God's master plan"? Personally, I think that's a cop out, for people who can't deal with a simple fact of life: shit happens.
That's fine. Believe what you want. Just believe something.
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #41 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Calamity Jane is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Calamity Jane
Why is it that when God is mentioned, people tend to get really mad? What is it about God that gets everyone riled up so much?

What I mean to say is.... I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to get angry and debate people who do believe in him.

So why do people fight and fight to try to prove God doesn't exist?

[ May 03, 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Calamity Jane ]
Calamity Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:15 AM   #42 (permalink)
Spice Master

HE DOES EXIST YOU BITCH!!!

― Terence McKenna
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Quote:
Originally posted by Calamity Jane:
Why is it that when God is mentioned, people tend to get really mad? What is it about God that gets everyone riled up so much?

What I mean to say is.... I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to get angry and debate people who do believe in him.

So why do people fight and fight to try to prove God doesn't exist?
Take One part issue people care about deeply

Add One part issue nobody can prove beyond a reasonable doubt through logic.

Shake

Serve
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
God conversations really bring out the pseudo intellectual cocksucking morons <span class="spoilbear" onmouseover="this.style.color='000000'" onmouseout="this.style.color='cccccc'">Schroeder
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #45 (permalink)
Unwanted

Fine, just do or believe in whatever you want. I am going to stick with going to church every Sunday, and being a good Catholic, and a better person. That's what works for me. Do whatever works for you.

And try to stick to debating, and not just immature name calling.

[ May 03, 2005, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Schroeder ]
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #46 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Calamity Jane is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Calamity Jane
The point was............
I'm pretty sure that the people who say God doesn't exist and will fight to the death to defend their beliefs:

a) are so caught up in their own way of life and believe that if they let God enter the picture, they wouldn't have any fun anymore
b) feel convicted but are too proud to admit that they need God in their lives
c) just never gave Him a chance

I'm pretty sure that we all know, deep down in our hearts that God exists, just some people choose to reject him for whatever reason.

[ May 03, 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Calamity Jane ]
Calamity Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #47 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Spectacular, as long as you don't make any more stupid fucking comments.
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:35 AM   #48 (permalink)
Unwanted

What have you chosen to believe in this life, anyways, Beebs?
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:36 AM   #49 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
The point was............
I'm pretty sure that the people who say God doesn't exist and will fight to the death to defend their beliefs:

a) are so caught up in their own way of life and believe that if they let God enter the picture, they wouldn't have any fun anymore
b) feel convicted but are too proud to admit that they need God in their lives
c) just never gave Him a chance
The same concept could be applied to Christians

a) they are so comfortable with their religion that gives them explanations for bad things happening in life, rather than having to deal with it on their own
b) know deep down that some things in their religion don't make much sense, but once again, are comfortable with it so they create justifications as to why they don't make sense, such as "God has a plan that we can't even understand it is so complex"
C)Were brought up that way, and will not open their mind to the possibility that you're going to rot in the ground for the rest of eternity after you die.

[ May 03, 2005, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Blonde ]

― Terence McKenna
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
What have you chosen to believe in this life, anyways, Beebs?
Act ethically, listen to Johnny Cash, exercise, take your vitamins, and fuck like you're being filmed.