Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default ADAM FUCKING KOKESH

Very intelligent and reasonable ex-marine who got fucked at the Jefferson memorial a few years ago who is probably the most ballsiest American citizen I know right now. This video is hilarious if you want to see the inteptitude of law enforcement and see citizens AGGRESSIVELY facing off against cops and agents (within their constitutional rights, of course).

This shit is great, F3lix if you haven't seen them, you would love this guy.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Love it
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

This is now the Revolutionary thread.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spice Master

I apparenty owe $550 to the city of Denver for unpaid parking tickets. My truck has, subsequently, been booted for the first time in my life.

I find this hilarious, coming from the midwest, where parking tickets don't really exist, and when they do, they're usually $20 or something dumb....not 50 which goes to 100 after a certain date.

Anyways, there's no fucking way i'm paying these tickets, or paying the 650 to remove the boot. I spent last night researching methods to remove the boot, of which there are many, and how I am going to spend the rest of my day figuring it out.

It's kind of rough because my bike tire (of course) is currently flat, and my pump is (mysteriously) missing, so I'm on foot today, but I am viewing this as quite the adventure as I no longer have any respect for the government nor any care about being arrested/fined further.

I simply don't have any money, and beyond my books, clothing, and computer/musical equipment, I simply don't have any assets. I am fortunate in this aspect in that I have been removing things (selling or giving away) from my life to live a more minimalist lifestyle, so I can begin tackling my student loan and credit card debt.

I plan on paying my debts to society back, but I'm done playing by the rules. $650 for thieving my car is asinine, that's a good portion of what I actually still owe on my truck, which I'm probably going to get rid of after this. Denver is very bicycle friendly, and I am going to just do public transportation for a while. This is just too dumb to be fucking with right now.

This website is helping a lot: Info: Beating the Boot

I've deflated the tire, right now I'm going to try and attack the pins with the tools that I do have (option "The jaw-to-frame pins") to see if that works.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to go to a local tool store and purchase a cutting tool. I already have an electric drill, but not sure if it's powerful enough to cut through the steel. I also may hit up some friends or some neighbors to see if they have an appropriate cutting tool.

Worse comes to worse, i'm just going to buy an acetylene torch, fire the fucker up and go to town, then dumping the boot in a local garbage can.

Obviously I"m aware of consequences, but what's the worst they can do? Fine me more? Probably the most hilarious thing about our current capitalist/government system is that, if you don't have the money, and haven't done anything REALLY illegal, there's nothing the government can do to you --- at least in America.

And that's the beauty of freedom, ladies and gentlemen. I will keep you all updated as I go through this process -- this boot is coming off TODAY, i literally have nothing else to do.

P.S. I am constantly reminded of the irony of my education and desires in Criminal Justice, only to remember that I've suffered more at the hands of the police/law enforcement officials than I ever have at the hands of so called "criminals".

I always thought my criminal justice degree was bullshit and worthless, but am beginning to see how it can be applied in a much different angle than I ever thought, and that is: social justice.

Update soon

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to sound bitchy, but sometimes real talk is needed.

Instead of throwing a tantrum and making things even worse for yourself in the long run, this seems like a good opportunity to re-evaluate some of the life choices you've made that not only led to this obscene amount of money owed in parking tickets, but also that you can't even afford to pay them.

Laws are in place for a good reason, and even though some overreach or are stupid, parking laws serve a helpful purpose. I really don't see how anything about this is unfair for you, other than the fines might be disproportionate to the crime.

What does "done playing by the rules" even mean?

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 08-15-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
Laws are in place for a good reason, and even though some overreach or are stupid, parking laws serve a helpful purpose.
Preface: I'm just illegally removing a parking boot, I'm not starting a revolution (yet).

I was booted in my home parking space, not booted in a public space where I had an expired meter. This tells me they prowl around checking license plates (as cops do with profiling and warrants, an incredibly ethically fucked-up practice that is widespread practiced).

Your Confucius-like-attitude with obeying laws and deeming them as "automatically just and to be followed" has always perplexed me. I don't know your history of fuckery, but I was brought up, (with a few members of this board), constantly causing trouble and mischief in my little town, just because there was nothing left to do. As an adult, this can translate quite well to the intelligent and social-justice-minded. I know you are probably a "good citizen", Repug, but I hope that as your life goes on you begin to sway further away from being muzzled by the government, and perhaps return to your roots as a true journalist -- perhaps displaying a bit of civil disobedience for once in your life. Read Walden, Read Civil Disobedience, read anything and everything throughout history about people going to prison or being executed simply for peacefully disagreeing....

Quote:
I really don't see how anything about this is unfair for you, other than the fines might be disproportionate to the crime.
I don't really view it as unfair -- I don't feel victimized at all. I knew it was coming, although I figured it would be at a downtown parking meter, not in front of my own house, which is probably the most insulting part about it. Agreed, the fines are disproportionate to the crime, but that's okay too -- it doesn't really bother me, simply because I don't have the money. What society WANTS me to do, is to freak out about not having enough money, work real hard to get a job to pay them off, get my car back, and be a guilt-free 'Murican citizen again. That's silly. I own a bicycle, have no real responsibility, live right across from a bus system (a public service I will gladly pay for -- and never be fined for, mind you), and have been toying with getting rid of my truck for a while. All in all, one way or another, this is a blessing.

If I can't remove the boot, it will be towed by tomorrow, at which point it will no longer really be a problem of mine. I'll notify the bank that I can no longer take payments, that the City of Denver has impounded it, that I'm not planning on making any more payments, and I'll let them sort it out. There's literally nothing they can do -- summon me to court? all I have to do is tell the truth --- "I'm too poor and couldn't make the payments", bring my bank information, and that's that. I'm not sure we're at the point in society for imprisoning people for not possessing enough money yet. I wish you could view this as liberating as I do.

It's important for me to let you know on a personal level how much loss I have experienced over the past couple of years. Our experiences after returning from teaching in Asia could not be any more different, and the formative effects of this are apparent here. I know you have experienced great loss as well, but the kind of loss I have experienced is the kind of loss where I have lost so many opportunities to even create the kinds of attachment where I can even enjoy the pre-loss joy of said lost person/object. I have, ultimately, lost the fundamental ability to form the kinds of attachments that lead to the consequences of loss, a consistent feeling that I can only describe as being that of a living ghost.

Between consistent health problems that constantly remind me of my own mortality, between constant depression, between having no financial resources to fall back on, on top of being a very good and loyal worker who has tried very hard to "fit in" to society, all failing miserably, I wish that you would look at my behavior and what I'm going through in life not as a direct contrast or challenge to you, but a series of unfortunate events that, perhaps, had I better guidance or other circumstances in life, I may have avoided. But as it stands, this is my situation. You know I'm intelligent, you know I mean well, and you know I'm not an "intentional" deviant. My biggest problem, admittedly, is my stubbornness and my oppositional defiance. That's part of who I am, and it's the part of my I actually admire the most -- no matter how much suffering it has brought me. Because no matter how much I have lost, I have always stayed loyal to myself.

Because of how much I have lost, I have also gained an incredible amount of freedom. It's difficult for me right now because I have the choice to express this newfound freedom in several different ways --- and "fighting the system", is one of the best ways I can think of, with my education and intimate knowledge of the justice system. I have spent a lot more time around police and authority figures than you have (i'm guessing), and because of the turns my life has taken, I have also spent a great deal of time around "the poor" and "meek" of society -- those continually victimized, beyond their control, by figures of authority. These are also some of the most kind-hearted, caring, loving individuals I have ever met, despite all the drug problems, tattoos, and past criminal behavior these individuals have been involved with.

Quote:
What does "done playing by the rules" even mean?
If you have to ask the question, I can't answer it for you. We have very different backgrounds and very different interpretations of each other's behavior and life choices. I'm trying very hard not to judge yours, as I have a lot of faith in you as a good-hearted individual who will, I hope, eventually, see things a bit more from the side that I"m seeing things. But until you do, I want you to enjoy your life and the path you have chosen for as long as you are permitted to.

In summation, just try to have fun with it. I really don't have a lot to lose, Repug, and the "crimes" I am committing and plan to commit are on the level of Bansky and the civil disobedient of our society. That's what I mean by not playing by the rules, I guess --- I'm just not going to follow laws I deem are unjust anymore, and on top of that, have decided to become an active agent AGAINST these unjust laws. I am in the unique position of having nothing to lose but my freedom, which is what I am planning on expressing to the fullest amount until it is taken away from me.

Life means different things to you and me. I don't like being told what to do, ever, unless i'm asked nicely or paid for it. I ESPECIALLY don't like being told what to do by faceless, cowardly, hidden sneaksters who don't directly confront me, face to face, about issues that need to be settled. I would rather fight back however possible and lose rather than not fight at all. In another time in history, I probably would have been killed a long time ago. But we live in 2014 and I'm taking full advantage of the fact I probably won't be killed for fucking with the government a little. In fact, since we all have to die, being assassinated by a government would be one of my most preferred ways of leaving this Earth.

This goes back to that thread with DH. It's not about winning or losing. It's about not giving up, it's about not even caring about the outcome, as long as you do SOMETHING about it.

Plus, honestly, what else am I going to do with my life at this point? As far as I can see it society has given me no other choice but to become a public nuisance, and at this point, I'll gladly take on that role. Society as we know it WILL change, drastically, over the next few decades, and I plan on being very involved in that change in whatever way possible. It's just my destiny, man. I don't know what else to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Timothy Leary, Folsom Prison, 1973
Well, yes, I'm in prison, and that may seem odd: a philosopher in prison. But I'd like to say this about my profession. The best philosophers often end up in prison. If you're a good baseball player, you end up in the Major Leagues. If you're a really successful politician, you end up in Washington, I'm sorry to say. If you're really a good philosopher -- if you're coming out with new ideas about the seven great destiny questions that are going to rattle the walls of the social institutions, like most of the men I have modeled myself after -- they'll have been lucky if they got away just being in prison, with their ideas.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 08-15-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Unread 08-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Almost there...

Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
Your Confucius-like-attitude with obeying laws and deeming them as "automatically just and to be followed" has always perplexed me. I don't know your history of fuckery, but I was brought up, (with a few members of this board), fucking a lot of shit up, just because. I know you are probably a "good citizen", Repug, but I hope that as your life goes on you begin to sway further away from being muzzled by the government, and perhaps return to your roots as a true journalist -- perhaps displaying a bit of civil disobedience for once in your life.
I don't think laws are automatically just, but I do believe we have a system in place for how laws become laws and determining whether they're constitutional or not. You can deride our democracy, but until a better system is in place it's the best we've got. I do think the government has legitimate authority, though of course it violates that authority regularly. It's all about checks and balances. I am also a big proponent of civil disobedience -- reading Thoreau's essay was hugely influential -- but I think you have to choose your battles. In this case I don't think your civil disobedience is very justified or worthwhile, because we both seem to agree the law you broke is legitimate, and normally one only resorts to civil disobedience when all other avenues are stymied.

Of course I engaged in my fair share of fuckery growing up, but high school was a long time ago.

Quote:
I don't really view it as unfair -- I don't feel victimized at all. I knew it was coming, although I figured it would be at a downtown parking meter, not in front of my own house, which is probably the most insulting part about it. Agreed, the fines are disproportionate to the crime, but that's okay too -- it doesn't really bother me, simply because I don't have the money. What society WANTS me to do, is to freak out about not having enough money, work real hard to get a job to pay them off, get my car back, and be a guilt-free 'Murican citizen again. That's silly. I didn't ask to be born, I didn't ask to be subject to these institutions, and at this point in my life I'm going to do what I want, no matter what it takes. What I have a problem with is the principle, as always -- the sudden flash of insight of how crazy of a society we live in where this is normal. I DON'T think it's normal, I think it's rather fucked up, and so I'm going to do what I can to, at least remove this hindrance from my own personal life.
If that's your position, that you didn't ask to be born of subject to the laws of men, then why follow some but not others? Are you arguing for anarchy? And do you think it's right for you to reject societies laws while still benefiting immeasurably from being a part of society? It kind of sounds like wanting to eat your cake and have it too. Why not abandon society all together and live off the grid?

Quote:
It's important for me to let you know how loss I have experienced over the past couple of years. I know you have experienced loss as well, but the kind of loss I have experienced is the kind of loss where I have lost so many opportunities to even create the kinds of attachment where I can even enjoy the pre-loss joy of said lost person/object. I have, ultimately, lost the fundamental ability to form the kinds of attachments that lead to the consequences of loss, a consistent feeling that I can only describe as being that of a living ghost.
I'm sorry. I know you've had a difficult few years and have gone through stuff I can't really understand. I'm trying not to judge, though of course that can be difficult. The reason I engage with you on here is to try and be a friend, listen to your ideas and offer feed back. In this instance I think you might be creating more hardship for yourself in the long run.

Quote:
Between mortality-awakening health problems, between constant depression, between having no financial resources to fall back on, on top of being a very good and loyal worker who has tried very hard to "fit in" to society, all failing miserably, I wish that you would look at my behavior and what I'm going through in life not as a direct contrast or challenge to you --- I have, you may have noticed, given up criticizing the lives of others (except for bigots), simply because I don't know the whole story and should really be focusing on my own life.
I don't view your choices as a threat. Everyone goes through different things which influences their decisions. Likewise, please don't take my suggestions or criticisms as a threat or something to lash out against. I try to challenge others with ideas in order to encourage friendly debate, and be as helpful as I can be. I assume since you post on a public message board you expect responses. We won't always agree with each other.

Quote:
I have spent a lot more time around police and authority figures than you have (i'm guessing), and because of the turns my life has taken, I have also spent a great deal of time around "the poor" and "meek" of society -- those continually victimized, beyond their control, by figures of authority. These are also some of the most kind-hearted, caring, loving individuals I have ever met, despite all the drug problems, tattoos, and past criminal behavior these individuals have been involved with.
I, nor do I think anyone, would disagree with this.

Quote:
If you have to ask the question, I can't answer it for you. We have very different backgrounds and very different interpretations of each other's behavior and life choices. I'm trying very hard not to judge yours, as I have a lot of faith in you as a good-hearted individual who will, I hope, eventually, see things a bit more from the side that I"m seeing things. But until you do, I want you to enjoy your life and the path you have chosen for as long as you are permitted to.
I know. And likewise. I guess I am having a hard time figuring out your goal. It seems like if you feel this strongly about this there might be more successful ways of addressing it. Have you ever thought about going to law school? Or do you really want to completely disengage from civil society and practice small acts of defiance?

Quote:
In summation, just try to have fun with it. I really don't have a lot to lose, Repug, and the "crimes" I am committing and plan to commit are on the level of Bansky and the civil disobedient of our society. That's what I mean by not playing by the rules, I guess --- I'm just not going to follow laws I deem are unjust anymore, and on top of that, have decided to become an active agent AGAINST these unjust laws. I am in the unique position of having nothing to lose but my freedom, which is what I am planning on expressing to the fullest amount until it is taken away from me.
And that's admirable, I suppose. What other laws do you plan on resisting? Will you stop paying taxes? Are you prepared to spend time in prison for these beliefs?

Quote:
Life means different things to you and me.
That's a little presumptuous. Just because we have disagreements on the means doesn't mean we necessarily disagree on the ends. I think you and I are aligned on a lot more than you think.

Quote:

Plus, honestly, what else am I going to do with my life at this point? As far as I can see it society has given me no other choice but to become a public nuisance, and at this point, I'll gladly take on that role. Society as we know it WILL change, drastically, over the next few decades, and I plan on being very involved in that change in whatever way possible. It's just my destiny, man. I don't know what else to tell you.
You sound dejected. Do you blame society for rejecting you? Do you think any fault lies with you? What would your ideal societal situation be? As in, let's say you hadn't lost a lot, and you had a good career, money, a girlfriend, and enough free time to still pursue spiritual and philosophical interests. Is that something you would even want? Or do you prefer more of an outcast role? Very interested to hear your thoughts on this.

I do agree society will change dramatically in the coming decades. Probably much more than we even realize, and in ways we can't anticipate. The potential for the abuse of power is only going to get worse -- this NSA stuff is just the tip of the ice burg. To me it shows our laws are not equipped to deal with the exponential growth of technology, and I'm honestly not sure how to fix it.
Unread 08-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
Of course I engaged in my fair share of fuckery growing up, but high school was a long time ago.
Look around your daily social life, and I think you may rethink this statement, my friend. Most adults are still children, and still modeling their lives on the same highschool archetypes.

Quote:
If that's your position, that you didn't ask to be born of subject to the laws of men, then why follow some but not others? Are you arguing for anarchy? And do you think it's right for you to reject societies laws while still benefiting immeasurably from being a part of society? It kind of sounds like wanting to eat your cake and have it too. Why not abandon society all together and live off the grid?
This is something I struggle with a lot. I have a tent, and could probably live successfully in the mountains for some time, hunting or living off of canned food or things that I find. It's something I've seriously considered and not a completely unreasonable future. However, given the fact that I am probably going to lose my primary form of transportation, with no money, and winter approaching, this does not seem the most feasible at this moment of time.

I consider storing what I do have at a friends place and becoming "homeless", with a buddhist-monk intent, on a daily basis. So yes, it's definitely something I've considered. I may benefit from society, but every day is an intense empathetic struggle that I live in a society where others do NOT benefit from society, and this makes me sick to my stomach. I would love to work in a way to help extend these benefits to others. But if it's going to be through bullshit politics, bureaucracy, etc. I not only will not do it, I will, in the spirit of Diogenes, blatantly insult and incite anger through speech towards those who insist that I do. This is my right as an autonomous human being. Who's going to stop me?

Quote:
The reason I engage with you on here is to try and be a friend, listen to your ideas and offer feed back. In this instance I think you might be creating more hardship for yourself in the long run.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think about the "long run" because the "long run" I had planned is "long gone". As I said in another thread, I'm off the rails and thus don't care where I end up. It's hard to really buy into the "long run" when I could die tomorrow.

Quote:
I guess I am having a hard time figuring out your goal. It seems like if you feel this strongly about this there might be more successful ways of addressing it. Have you ever thought about going to law school? Or do you really want to completely disengage from civil society and practice small acts of defiance?
My goal is complete and utter autonomy from the tyranny of the government and over the tyranny over the minds of man, many of whom do not fully realize how imprisoned their own brains and thought patterns are, over thousands of years of allowing themselves "be ruled". You ALLOW yourselves to let other human beings have authority over you. Don't you see how insane that is?

I have thought about law school. Many have mentioned it to me. I could probably do a great deal of good. The problem is, law school as it is, is still a societal institution that has not evolved with the times and I refuse to spend even more years of my precious life doing something society has told me I "must do" before affecting real change. It is much more likely that will continue to disengage (or publicly mock) civil society and practice small acts of defiance, perhaps eventually leading to a big-enough one to make some real impact.

Why go to law school when I can just read all the same books on my own, for free? If it comes to that, that's what I'll do. Or if I received a full scholarship and stipend, also unlikely. But I'm not going to fall into the same student loan trap/time waste hole as so many who go to law school do.

Quote:
And that's admirable, I suppose. What other laws do you plan on resisting? Will you stop paying taxes? Are you prepared to spend time in prison for these beliefs?
I didn't pay taxes this year, although that's mostly just because I didn't feel like it. I'm not sure about next year. I'm prepared to spend time in prison for most of my beliefs, if they can catch me. The option of moving to Asia again is just a flight-ticket away, and i have no ethical qualms about escaping financial persecution through such means. Life is a game, at least that's how I look at it. If "they" are going to cheat and make up arbitrary rules about reality that I personally do not agree with, then I'm going to do the exact same. These are your natural, fundamental, human rights, people. The fact that people still think they can change them by "voting" in 2014 is absurd.

Quote:
That's a little presumptuous. Just because we have disagreements on the means doesn't mean we necessarily disagree on the ends. I think you and I are aligned on a lot more than you think.
Apologies, I just get really defensive sometimes.

Quote:
You sound dejected. Do you blame society for rejecting you? Do you think any fault lies with you? What would your ideal societal situation be? As in, let's say you hadn't lost a lot, and you had a good career, money, a girlfriend, and enough free time to still pursue spiritual and philosophical interests. Is that something you would even want? Or do you prefer more of an outcast role? Very interested to hear your thoughts on this.

I'm detecting a psychology tone and I would recommend as a friend you stray away from this as it will only warrant intense hostility. I've dealt with more psychiatric/psychological "professionals" than you can even fathom to imagine and even reading this post makes my blood boil.

I don't blame society for rejecting me. I blame society for existing for thousands of years and being unable to overcome its own selfishness, greed, and exploitation for the betterment, happiness and equality for all beings. I'm intensely upset with society for not dealing with these problems at this point in history --- it's insane and makes me want to do things that I can't even talk about on public forums.

I have reached the point where things like "a good career, a good girlfriend, etc" are things that are, due to my personality type, currently impossible to pursue. I believe these are illusions to take us away from the ultimate reality, the ultimate question of existence and why we are here. It is a necessary illusion, one created over millennia to give people purpose to existence and to "keep the show going", and one that I would not be opposed to being a part of --- if I could. But as long as there are as many war crimes, rapes, murders, bombs, and in-general -- human beings physically controlling and oppressing human beings --- I just don't even want that kind of life. I'm sure it would be very satisfying and even pleasing to experience. But I have no idea how people, especially in America, can go on with their daily lives while these things are going on, at a local, national, and worldwide level.

In fact, that last sentence is probably the #1 reason I consistently think about suicide. The sheer complete inability for most human beings to even pay attention to, let alone critically assess the world situation, and not see it as their PRIME DUTY to attain world peace. Everything else is secondary. Jobs, girlfriends, wives, kids, everything. There is simply no reason to exist in a world with so much violence and war, and it makes me look forward to death quite greatly.

So, again, in regard to the illusion of ape-animals with advanced consciousness (humans) needing a way to spend their ultimately meaningless existence, I am going to post this again:

Quote:
We have very different backgrounds and very different interpretations of each other's behavior and life choices. I'm trying very hard not to judge yours, as I have a lot of faith in you as a good-hearted individual who will, I hope, eventually, see things a bit more from the side that I"m seeing things. But until you do, I want you to enjoy your life and the path you have chosen for as long as you are permitted to.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 08-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Unread 08-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spice Master

All supplies needed purchased. The area I live is pretty active, so keeping it private is going to be an issue, but these are Mexicans, they are pretty much up to messing around with mechanical stuff all day.

This should be all I need. The blade is meant for cutting metal, and I'm hoping (and better) the inside of the portion of the arm I intend on cutting is hollow -- we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm going to hang a tarp over the area I'm working, protect my eyes, and it should come off just fine.

I'll keep everyone updated.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-16-2014, 03:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Omg return that shit and pay the parking tickets.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Spice Master

The most logical and rational advice, indeed. I won't argue with yourself and Repug on that being the most intelligent, reasonable choice, solving the problem and appeasing all parties. All parties, of course, except me, which, if I dare say so, seem to be the most invested individual in this little scheme.

The fates have seen to it that I have no access at all to the required $650 for "release" (lol) , and today or the next day, at some point it will be towed, impounded, and then I will be subsequently charged storage and other fees that I don't intend on paying.

Guys, I'm done with this truck. It was a bad buy, a bad loan, I was in a bad place and learned my mistakes. I can't afford payments, nor the full-coverage insurance that is required while it is still on lien.

And that's the important part. It's still on lien. After I remove this boot, which IS happening, just for a life fucking story at this point and because you guys keep telling me not to do it :P

After my freedom is restored, I'm going to call my bank and just be honest with them. I can't afford payments, and basically request that it be repossessed. I'm not quite sure if that's possible or whatever, but hey, I'm going to find out. If not, I'm sure they have some deferment or payment plan, which would temporarily solve the problem, but I just kind of want a fresh start. I want this truck to be out of my life.

Now, you might be saying "Blonde, if you want it out of your life so bad, why not just let the Boot guys tow it when the time comes?"

And the reason is that the truck does not belong to me. The title belongs to a bank back in Arizona, who has been rather kind with me, and if it gets impounded with no intent of paying back tickets, it will likely stay impounded, creating a lot of drama on all sides.

I've thought about this a lot. I'm not going to pay $650 in parking tickets. When I buy a new vehicle (cash), next time, the registration may "flag" me and tell me I have all these parking tickets i gotta pay off first. Maybe not, not sure if it just goes by plates.

If the bank allows the car to be repossessed, I am going to plan a short 1-2 day road trip down to AZ to return it to the bank to be repo'd and sold, visit my family and friends for a short time, and then fly or take a bus home.

Significantly freer than I was before.

Don't worry about me guys, seriously. I appreciate your ongoing concern for me, and I mean that to all of you, and I might seem batshit crazy at times, and indeed I am, but that doesnt' mean I don't think shit through. How awesome of a story is this going to be someday? Someday, a buddy of yours is going to get booted and you're going to remember this tale.

I've never even used and angle-grinder so this is going to be really fun..

Peace, truth, and <3,

- Blonde

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 08-16-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Unread 08-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

This is like watching an episode of Parking Wars from the "victims" viewpoint.
Unread 08-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Spice Master

I've never seen that show, but I hope I'm not coming off as a victim, I'm really trying hard to shed that personality trait.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Almost there...

Quote:
Look around your daily social life, and I think you may rethink this statement, my friend. Most adults are still children, and still modeling their lives on the same highschool archetypes.
So therefore I (you) should too?

Quote:
This is something I struggle with a lot. I have a tent, and could probably live successfully in the mountains for some time, hunting or living off of canned food or things that I find. It's something I've seriously considered and not a completely unreasonable future. However, given the fact that I am probably going to lose my primary form of transportation, with no money, and winter approaching, this does not seem the most feasible at this moment of time.
Well at least you're sincerely considering putting actions behind your convictions. That's more than most people.

Quote:
I consider storing what I do have at a friends place and becoming "homeless", with a buddhist-monk intent, on a daily basis. So yes, it's definitely something I've considered. I may benefit from society, but every day is an intense empathetic struggle that I live in a society where others do NOT benefit from society, and this makes me sick to my stomach. I would love to work in a way to help extend these benefits to others. But if it's going to be through bullshit politics, bureaucracy, etc. I not only will not do it, I will, in the spirit of Diogenes, blatantly insult and incite anger through speech towards those who insist that I do. This is my right as an autonomous human being. Who's going to stop me?
I appreciate your position. Obviously you're a very sensitive person who is concerned with the well being of others. I've always felt a strong pull to try and give more back, through volunteerism or just being a better person. I still want to do the Peace Corps someday.

The problem I see with your overall stance though is that while you don't like the current system you don't have an alternative in mind. So you disengage. You keep saying we should all be able to do what we want without oppression or illegitimate authority telling us what to do. Okay. But then what? If the government collapsed some sort of communal utopia would not suddenly take its place. The absence of power creates a vacuum that will eventually be filled, potentially with much worse institutions of power. That's not even to speak of foreign powers getting involved. So again, I ask, if you don't like the current system then what do you propose we replace it with?

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think about the "long run" because the "long run" I had planned is "long gone". As I said in another thread, I'm off the rails and thus don't care where I end up. It's hard to really buy into the "long run" when I could die tomorrow.
Or you could live to be 100. I can't tell if this is a giving up on having a productive life sentence or a new definition for "productive life" all together. Are you searching or are you simply resigned?

Quote:
My goal is complete and utter autonomy from the tyranny of the government and over the tyranny over the minds of man, many of whom do not fully realize how imprisoned their own brains and thought patterns are, over thousands of years of allowing themselves "be ruled". You ALLOW yourselves to let other human beings have authority over you. Don't you see how insane that is?
Again, what is the alternative to law and order and government? Do you assume everyone would act as enlightened and benign as you? If there was no law against murder and no government to enforce it someone could walk up to you right now and shoot you in the head with no consequences. On top of that, government is not an entity that sprung up from some primordial ooze and now terrorizes us. We have elections. We have laws. We have a social contract. That's the whole point of the social contract. We allow the sovereign to govern with citizens we freely elect and if they abuse their power to an intolerable point then, well, that's when revolution happens. What you're advocating is what's really insane, because it would be a complete breakdown of civilization. Furthermore, government is not all tyrannical. If you have a stroke an ambulance will pick you up and treat you. If someone robs you the police will try to help you get it back. The public transportation you will come to rely on? That's a government service. You seem to cherry pick all the bad things about government you don't like while ignoring the good stuff because it's not 100% perfect.

Quote:
I have thought about law school. Many have mentioned it to me. I could probably do a great deal of good. The problem is, law school as it is, is still a societal institution that has not evolved with the times and I refuse to spend even more years of my precious life doing something society has told me I "must do" before affecting real change. It is much more likely that will continue to disengage (or publicly mock) civil society and practice small acts of defiance, perhaps eventually leading to a big-enough one to make some real impact.

Why go to law school when I can just read all the same books on my own, for free? If it comes to that, that's what I'll do. Or if I received a full scholarship and stipend, also unlikely. But I'm not going to fall into the same student loan trap/time waste hole as so many who go to law school do.
You can take the bar exam without going through law school. That's not society telling you what to do, that's you having to prove competency in law before you can practice. And it would be a far more successful way to affect change than petty acts of rebellion.

Quote:
I didn't pay taxes this year, although that's mostly just because I didn't feel like it. I'm not sure about next year. I'm prepared to spend time in prison for most of my beliefs, if they can catch me. The option of moving to Asia again is just a flight-ticket away, and i have no ethical qualms about escaping financial persecution through such means. Life is a game, at least that's how I look at it. If "they" are going to cheat and make up arbitrary rules about reality that I personally do not agree with, then I'm going to do the exact same. These are your natural, fundamental, human rights, people. The fact that people still think they can change them by "voting" in 2014 is absurd.
If you can't afford taxes that's one thing. If you can and just didn't pay then that is free-riding the system, a system we all pay in to for mutual benefit. It's selfish to take from the pie without contributing to it.

Laws are not arbitrary, they are a human construct based on rational logic that we do the best we can coming to a majority on, and often revise or re-interpret through the supreme court against the constitution. What is your alternative to this system?

Quote:
Apologies, I just get really defensive sometimes.
It's all good. I am challenging your ideas and doing my best to follow them to their logical conclusions, but I'm not looking down on you or being patronizing. The fact that I'm taking so long to respond to you shows that I take what you have to say very seriously, and I find it intellectually stimulating.

Quote:
I'm detecting a psychology tone and I would recommend as a friend you stray away from this as it will only warrant intense hostility. I've dealt with more psychiatric/psychological "professionals" than you can even fathom to imagine and even reading this post makes my blood boil.
I'm just asking questions. I'm not trying to psychoanalyze you. I wouldn't even know how.

Quote:
I don't blame society for rejecting me. I blame society for existing for thousands of years and being unable to overcome its own selfishness, greed, and exploitation for the betterment, happiness and equality for all beings. I'm intensely upset with society for not dealing with these problems at this point in history --- it's insane and makes me want to do things that I can't even talk about on public forums.
So why not get involved and try to be part of the solution? You could get more done changing the system from within. Or do you think that's hopeless? And as a result feel powerless? Because that's how I often feel.

Quote:
I believe these are illusions to take us away from the ultimate reality, the ultimate question of existence and why we are here.
What is the ultimate reality? And why do you think we're here? Have you come to a conclusion or are you still searching? I'm still searching, myself.

Quote:
In fact, that last sentence is probably the #1 reason I consistently think about suicide. The sheer complete inability for most human beings to even pay attention to, let alone critically assess the world situation, and not see it as their PRIME DUTY to attain world peace. Everything else is secondary. Jobs, girlfriends, wives, kids, everything. There is simply no reason to exist in a world with so much violence and war, and it makes me look forward to death quite greatly.
It seems like you assume other people don't care as much about these things as you do, based on the fact that they get pre-occupied with lesser matters in their lives. But I'd argue there are a lot of people who really care. They work for NGOs, they collect money for the poor in church, they volunteer, they hold rallies, and they genuinely wish for the betterment of mankind. But they, like you, often feel isolated and unable to affect real change, because the world is big and its problems are bigger and what can one person, or even a small group, really do? That's the domestic side. Internationally speaking, with war and politics, well that's even bigger and more complex. As long as the nation state exists I don't think we'll ever have peace because the necessity of maintaining balances of power to check the ambitions of strong states. Do you have an answer to this problem? Because a lot of people have pointed it out before you. Pointing it out isn't good enough anymore.

Quote:
So, again, in regard to the illusion of ape-animals with advanced consciousness (humans) needing a way to spend their ultimately meaningless existence, I am going to post this again:
So you're a nihilist?
Unread 08-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Spice Master

I'll read all that shit later. After skimming it you're jumping way too ahead, discussing things that we haven't even close to breached in the Philosophy thread (which, by the way, should be a separate thread rather than that Religion/God thread, because I think it's safe to say for the most part we have graduated.) We have a LOT to get through before we talk about "meaning", my philosophically ambitious friend, but suffice it to say: I am a nihilist who is trying really hard to create his own meaning, and see the meaning in other's lives. Ultimate meaning is where I am most nihilistic, and I've reached a wall there. Get back to that philo thread and let's advance there.

-----------------------

This thread is about Civil Disobedience (aka, the complete autonomy of every human being)

I'm high and feel great. I after taking spent the day biking around inquiring about jobs. I also picked up a few books -- one as a gift for a friend, and this one for me, hoping that I am able to divert myself from becoming a supervillain, because sometimes, man, ya just wanna murder a human being, you know that feel?

Oh, right, about the business in the morning. Hold please.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 08-16-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Unread 08-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spice Master

Woke up, brewed the last of my coffee, took a shower, did 20 hindu-pushups.

Went out to survey situation. Thus far, I just had a deflated tire and a boot. Situation stable.

I enjoy being barefoot whenever possible, but damn that pavement was hot. Went in to get sandals and assess the power situation. I had bought a 20-foot cable the day prior, and had a few minor extension cords, but the nearest power source was so far away. I ended up having to daisychain 5 different types of extension cords (including a computer cable I had to disconnect) to supply power to the thing.

THERE WAS POWER, AND IT WAS GOOD.

Next, I had to figure out how to use this fucking thing. I know a lot about using powertools instinctively but sometimes miss really obvious buttons or things that are very useful. Anyways, after studying it, decided that I wasted money on the "metal grinder". Doesn't actually fit on this grinder. Am returning it. The standard grinder it came with worked fine.

I set up a brown tarp that I basically "hid" under to obstruct the fact I was clearly using power tools to remove a boot from my car in broad daylight on a busy suburban street. I live in little Mexico, literally outside my back fence is a blow-up palace, you know the kind kids jump in? They love that shit, I don't get it. Every weekend, different familes throw these fucking parties. Anyways, what I mean is that everyone minds their own business and is pretty friendly. People get shot here.

Right, so, first tried to saw through smallest diameter of "arm". I tried but realized it would take a while and if not hollow could fuck up my grinder.

So, at that point, I saw I had enough room on the padlock to go to town on that, and I did. Man, it created a lot of sparks!!! I thought the tarp (which i was underneath, with all the sparks) would at least burn, but nope. Good shit.

Anyways, an anxious 5-minutes later and a burnt finger from stupidly trying to touch a white-hot padlock, voila!

That was literally all I had to do. Heavy bolt-cutters may have even done the trick, although I have to say, that was a hardcore fucking padlock. But no match for a 30-dollar power tool, so remember that, folks.

After taking off padlock, was just a series of maneuvering objects to release the boot.

And, bam. Desert Whelp has been freed from her oppressors, but I fear it is time for her to go to her true family, the Bank, to whom she belongs...

I'll keep you guys updated on any legal or fine-based actions. I've stashed the truck, I need to find a more permanent place to keep it while I revert to biking and public transpo full time.

AMUSING ANECDOTE: Those of you who might be upset at me getting away with this scott-free (so far) will enjoy this. After freeing the tire, it was still flat. The smart thing to do would be to bike to get some fix-a-flat and then fill it and go fill the rest. However, I decided that "if i went really slow", i could get to the gas station and fill it up. Within two blocks the tire was destroyed, driving on the rim. Also, no spare, someone stole that recently. So, I still have that whole problem to deal with.

Lates dudes i gots music to make

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

That was one of the best posts to grace Nubblies imo.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 03:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

So how are you going to handle the parking authority when they find their boot (which is numbered) to be destroyed and free from your car? I wonder what kind of fines you'll face for destruction of government property.
Unread 08-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
So how are you going to handle the parking authority when they find their boot (which is numbered) to be destroyed and free from your car? I wonder what kind of fines you'll face for destruction of government property.
Besides a small cut on the arm (which they will not be able to tie to me legally anyways), the boot is completely undamaged and reusable. The padlock is what I destroyed and I have no problem paying for that.

I also wonder these things F3lix. What a great world of wonder we live in!

I think it's absolutely hilarious how concerned some of you are that I'm "breakin the law, breakin' the law". You should be cheering me on. I don't mean to sound like some kind of tall, handsome, charming, bearded hero here or anything, but I can afford to do shit like this. Not financially of course, but that's why I can afford to do it physically. They can't do anything but put me in jail for a laughable offense, which I would not feel guilty about or feel as "wasted time".

Life is nothing if not an adventure. Go get into some shit.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Blonde, you may receive enormous fines for malicious destruction of government property. If you can't pay them you'll be thrown in jail.

#YOLO
Unread 08-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Spice Master

lol

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Then you'll be raped.

#YOLO
Unread 08-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

in the butt
Unread 08-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Spice Master

every week man, different houses all over the neighborhood.

― Terence McKenna