Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 47473
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Default BDH Goes to Europe

What, BDH travels? Fuck yes he does.

I'm heading to Europe in June as a graduation gift. I'm going to fly to into Lisbon, Portugal roughly around June 1st or 2nd and then have to be up to London by July 1st, no set plans in between. I am bringing a new backpack I bought with my things and living hostel to hostel. I also found a website: CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time that I hope to use to find random free places to stay and meet new people. I'm in all likelihood going to hit up Spain, Italy, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, and England along my trip most likely in that order but who knows. That's kind of the route I've been looking at via EuroRail. My goal is to be in London for pretty much the entire last week of June because I have a friend there who is being a nanny for a year. Her and I we're both tennis players in high school together and in the same conference in college, so we are planning on going to Wimbledon for a day or two.

I don't know where I'll stay the longest but it probably depends on how much I'm enjoying that place. Dent, HCW, or GWB if any of you guys want to get together in London for a Nubblies night of mayhem let me know, just don't get me deported!

Any more experienced travelers or Europeans themselves have some advice for cheap travel and stay? All would be much appreciated.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.

Last edited by BigDongedHoe; 03-06-2009 at 04:46 PM.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Man Europe is so fucking expensive. Come up with an amount of money that you think you'll need for your trip, and double it.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
Man Europe is so fucking expensive. Come up with an amount of money that you think you'll need for your trip, and double it.
Really? My flight is taken care of via air miles. I figured by backpacking, staying in hostels, and already having a few free places I can stay I was estimating maybe 2500ish.

I had gotten advice to stay in hostels that offer free breakfasts' and just gorging yourself there, then not eating again till going out at night.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

It's just the type of thing that sounds a lot easier to do on paper than in practice (live cheaply, that is). Once you get a little buzz going, you'll start dropping €5 on pints of beer and before you know it, the average night out is costing you $100 easy.

Unless you want to live like a bum and hang out in all the dumpy areas of that shithole continent, then by all means...
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

I just got back from Barcelona, what a great place! But I have a feeling it may be just a little too hot and miserable during the real summer. Who knows though.

There are a couple of places that are amazing during the summer in Europe. Of all of them I would recommend Munich the most. A long summer day and evening drinking in Munich if you have good people to drink with is unforgetable. To meet these people stay at the Wombat Hostel. It's nice unlike most hostels, and it's famous, it's filled with tons of like-minded youth who just wanna party in Europe. The bar has happy hour every evening and this is where you meet people to go out with.

Other than Munich, you must go to Amsterdam. What a place. Other places are OK, but not cool on the cheap. Paris and Milan are both these kind. They're neat if you have tons of and you wanna spend money on good food, clothes, and hotels and are traveling with a lady. Paris has some sights, of course (Milian has none) but they aren't cities to visit on the cheap. London really isn't either actually. But you just have to be in London on the off-chance that there is good weather. There's no place in the world like London in the summertime with good weather. And I plan to attend Wimbledon this year as well-the centre (center) court has a retractable roof this year.

Ok So some cities (Munich, Bratislava, Prague, etc.) are fun as HELL and can be done cheap while others (Paris, London, Oslo) are more fun if you spend more. I've heard that Switzerland falls into this category, though I have not been there.

Other places I've really enjoyed: Dublin, Amsterdam

Very Short List of Places to avoid: Frankfurt

But really check out the Wombat Hostel in Munich, trust me you won't regret it.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 208844
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm running $100/day in Australia right now.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Booked flights and plans slightly changed. It cost my parents 60k (as opposed to 120k) in airmiles to fly to and from London so that will in all likelihood end up being my home base. I have to make it down to northwest Italy at some point. My dad's best friend is Italian, he moved here 7 years ago. Anyways he told me his family would take care of my food, housing, and expenses by going down there for a week or more. So that basically would support a week of my trip as well.

I'm definitely looking to go out party and have a good time, but as I said I am on a budget. We'll see if I can either raise more money or just really have to play it easy on my expenses.

GWB,
What is the best way to travel? I know from London there is the chunnel (sp?) that runs to Paris. What about going to Amsterdam, is it easiest by ferry or train? What are costs for this. I've been told to buy my Eurorail pass once I'm over there because of the discounts you can get for being 25 or a student. Also are there any cheap hostels in the London area to stay at? Like I said my friend is over there and I'm counting on her for some transportation for some of the trip. My dad's friend Giorgio said he always rents cars when he goes back because they have bio diesel cars that are very cheap on gas to get around. Would you agree with this?

Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Been told twice

Internets: 1299
TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W. Bush View Post
There are a couple of places that are amazing during the summer in Europe. Of all of them I would recommend Munich the most.
Munich is fucking amazing.

Oktoberfest is a once in a lifetime experience.
TwoBlackEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

BDH, have you ever traveled overseas before? Its good that you're going, for sure. I've never done the Europe thing but am going to next year so my only advice is to do everything possible you get the opportunity to do. If you're tired as shit and a bunch of fucked up crazy Austrians are living in your hostel and going to the shady part of town, chug some red bull and go out. I promise you won't regret it. Maybe. Maybe you'll regret it, but not ten years from now.

That's all the condescension i'll do for now. Sounds like an awesome trip.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 108469
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBlackEyes View Post
Munich is fucking amazing.

Oktoberfest is a once in a lifetime experience.
Was that the one time your breasts were exposed?
It doesn't have to be that way.

Bdh: did you get my PM?
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Haven't been overseas. I've been down to St. Thomas and a lot of the Caribbean on cruises and Canada. That's about the extent of my traveling though.

Dent I did get your PM and sent one back. If I could stay at your place for a while that would be absolutely amazing.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Plane is easiest and cheapest, but possibly risky.
I've flew to dublin for 1 and I'll be going here at the end of the month for 40 return
Snowbombing 2009
For a single person I'd definately go for it though.
check here every so often.
HotUKDeals - Deals

The channel tunnel is a tunnel between england/france, it goes from dover (not too south of london) to calais (an hours drive from paris)
it's not expensive, but if you can grab a flight for a few $ that's better.
For amsterdam the easiest way would be a package and get a coach to the ferry, it cost me 50 last year return (I'm up for a trip amsterdam this summer) you could probably go by plane cheaper if you got a last minute deal, but I think $70 (probably be $50 by then) is reasonable.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
(I'm up for a trip amsterdam this summer)
Do you smoke? Marijuana is a very big part of my lifestyle, if so we'll have a beyond good time there. I have a buddy from the states that is probably going to meet me for this leg of the trip, we could have a helluva time.

Thanks for the info, do you have facebook? Some sort of way we could keep in better contact would be good the closer it gets to travel time.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDongedHoe View Post
GWB,
What is the best way to travel? I know from London there is the chunnel (sp?) that runs to Paris. What about going to Amsterdam, is it easiest by ferry or train? What are costs for this. I've been told to buy my Eurorail pass once I'm over there because of the discounts you can get for being 25 or a student. Also are there any cheap hostels in the London area to stay at? Like I said my friend is over there and I'm counting on her for some transportation for some of the trip. My dad's friend Giorgio said he always rents cars when he goes back because they have bio diesel cars that are very cheap on gas to get around. Would you agree with this?
The Eurostar to Paris is extremely convenient. Something like 2.5 hours by train. But it can cost $$$ especially in the summer. I went to Paris in November and this is how I went. Tickets were $100-200 range ish, I dont remember exactly how much. The REALLY cheap way to get around Europe is Ryan Air. Ryanair.com - Book your cheap flight, hotels, car rental with ryanair.com I flew all over Europe in 2007 via. Ryanair and was able to visit 6 different cities for ballpark $150, very cost effective. The problem with Ryanair is you have to travel an hour outside of each city, go through airport security, etc so it ends up being longer for a lot of trips. Taking the Eurostar to Paris is much simpler and easier. There are other budget airlines as well. Easyjet is another. Just go to kayak.com for the other airlines and you'll see that flights in Europe are very cheap. I flew to Amsterdam not too long ago and I think the flight was like $50. Very cheap.

Dunno about the renting cars bit. I do use zipcar in London. Car Sharing, an alternative to car rental and car ownership – Zipcar You can rent a car for like $6-7/hour. But you won't be needing this in london. Just ride the tube.

As far as hostels go... there are some. There's one in particular you should avoid that I stayed in, I think it's called the Hyde Park Inn. Avoid that like the plague. I have a couch and an inflatable mattress as well if you need somewhere to stay for free.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Booked yet? flights are so cheap right now

Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup