Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default A very important thread about ME

I have been away so long, I am not sure if anyone is coming by to read this anymore, but I will post something anyway. I am doing well. Been busy, but who hasn’t, right? I should confess that if I really wanted to, I could post, but after teaching all day at school, then coming home to teach piano, I do not feel like doing anything but sitting in front of the television at the end of the day.
I am trying to think what has been up since my last post. My life hasn’t been too exciting, so maybe that is the real reason why I have not posted. Haha! Yet, I have not been doing much of what I used to do. I was a great scrapbooker. I have done so much of Brendan’s life and was proud of my work. I have not picked up the stuff since last Christmas. Two Christmases ago! I am SO far behind and every time I think of it, I get more discouraged! Maybe, I really should look into the digital scrapbooking. It might make it so much easier. I do not want to regret quitting because the books are something I would love to give my son someday. I am sure he will not care too much about them, but maybe his wife will.

I do not even journal like I used to. I am not meaning by “blogging,” but I used to journal about my life in letters to Brendan. I started writing them when I found out about the possibility of adopting him, but I have even stopped that. I start to do it, but then I either get too distracted or have nothing to say that excites me. See, I am a mess.’

One thing that has happened since I last posted is that my “baby” turned nine! I cannot even believe that. He still sleeps with me, and it has been hard to get him into his own room. When I told him that he had to start when he turned nine, he asked me why that was the case. I told him it was because he was too old. He paused to ponder that, then said, “No I am not! Daddy was older than me and he slept with you!” Haha. He does have a point.
Anyway, I do think of all my “on-line” friends. I do see most of you around on facebook, so at least I am not completely out of the loop. I hope you are all well!

This is me at the Pyramids

Hello! I am so sorry to all of you who I have neglected to update / even tell I am away on this trip!!! After graduating from Western and working in Calgary at Spruce Meadows for two months, I have set off to SouthEast Asia and Australia indefinitely (most likely until Christmas)

I left for Hong Kong on July 5th, after a tearful goodbye with my mom (Hi Mom!). I was supposed to be there for a day before leaving for Bangkok, but they ended up having an earlier flight so I only stayed a few hours.

The flight to Hong Kong went great and felt much shorter than I thought it would! I think adrenaline probably helped there. I slept for about 10 hours - which wasn't hard because the flight left Vancouver at 3am, and when I woke up I watched I Love You Man - and then we were there!

When I got on the plane to Bangkok, I met a girl named Jen who was going on the same Contiki Tour that I am doing (it is called the Big Indochina Adventure... or something along those lines). She is from LA. Our plane ride was about 2 hours long, and once we landed in Bangkok we met Matt (from NYC) and two Kiwis, Jeana and Patrick, who were also doing our tour.

We got all our stuff onto the airport shuttle and left for the Bangkok City Centre! We arrived at the Manohra Hotel about an hour later in time to get lunch and go swimming in the hotel's beautiful (and refreshing) pool. Its a steady 35 degrees here, with the most intense humidty I have ever experienced. We are here in the rainy season as well, which luckily hasn't meant much rain, but has definitely added way too much moisture to the air.

On Day 1 we met everyone on our tour, including our Aussie tour guide Dave. Our first day here was one of the holiest days in Thailand, so all the LadyBoy shows were closed (bummer, I know)... I ended up going to sleep pretty early. My roomate is from NYC and her named is Colleen.

On Day 2 we went to the Grand Palace in Bangkok and saw the Emerald Buddha. The sweating continued in a serious way. Seriously the only time we aren't sweating in insane amounts is in busses and at night in the hotels. It is so gross.

Once done at the Grand Palace, we boarded a boat and cruised down the main river that runs through Bangkok. We fed catfish, and saw the ghettos that the city workers live in. It was a definite eye opener to see how lucky we are at home...

Later we got on the Bangkok Sky Train and went into Siam Square in the centre of Bangkok. We went into a mall with all sorts of luxury car dealerships and stores and ate at the food court there. It was the craziest place ever, and I'd explain it but it's very hot in this internet cafe and I would like to keep this short.

That night we got on a night train to Chiang Mai. It was really cool. The seats started off like normal train seats, but at "curfew" time, the people who worked on the train transformed them into comfy beds. We were able to play cards, and have our iPod speakers on, so it ended up beign a pretty fun night.

After the train was like...3 hours late, we arrived in Chiang Mai. Which by the way is SO MUCH better than Bangkok. Much more chill... and clean. Chiang Mai was awesome - we rode on the back of pick up trucks to the top of a mountain where we visited a crazy gold temple and received a blessing from a monk. Afterwards, we visited the Hmong peoples who live in the mountains. We also toured a Jade Factory and learned about the production of Jade and how important it is to Thailand.

So that brings us to last night. We drove out to a rural area near Chiang Mai and took a Thai Cooking Class in an outdoor kitchen. We learned how to make all kinds of things and it was so much fun. And the stars were amazing. We drove back to the city amd explored the night market before calling it a night. We stayed at the Empress Hotel which was SO nice

This morning we woke up at the crack and were on our way to Chiang Rai - our last destination in Thailand. We stopped at a rest area called "Cabbages and Condoms" - it was interesting. Pictures to follow.

THis afternoon we visited 4 different hill tribes - including the Longneck Karens. I was awe struck the entire time at the way these people live their lives - we were greeted by so many songs and dances and it was one of the best days of life. So interesting.

Tonight we are hitting up a Thai disco and in the morning we get on a boat and float over to Laos to a town with 200 residents and no electricity. haha So it could be a while before I update.

Okay I need to go. I am going to pass out from heat. I will try to upload pictures, but we'll see how she goes because it's been a total nightmare thus far.

I MISS YOU ALL TONS! I seriously have the greatest appreciation for Canada and the comforts of home right now! I hope you're all having really great summers. All my love to each and every one of you. And thank you for reading this!

I love drinking coke hehe

OMG WE PARTIED IN BRAZIL

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

What is this shit
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

first?
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

FC get his account hacked or vice versa?

And yes I'm back for who knows how long; saw the real GWB last weekend when he came back from London decked out in a on American flag shirt with wolves.

Last edited by Beebs; 07-10-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

For Dent:

HOWLING WOLVES motherfucker

Not Wolverhampton.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 07-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

tl;dr

shit heap

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 03:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
MURICAN

Hey guys just wanted you all to know how I'm doing so I updated my blog:

Scam or Legit?

Yesterday some door-to-door salesman came by, from ECR magazine company or something like that. Bec initially agreed to get some magazines, but when she came in to get a checkbook, I said I don't like to ever buy things like that since it's impossible to tell if it's a scam. I just never buy anything if you call me or show up at my door.

The kid was understandably upset we backed out of buying, and it was a bit of a hassle to get some contact info so we could make sure nothing would get charged or sent to collections. You have to cancel in writing within 3 days? With no email or fax or website listed? It just seemed shadier and shadier as we were trying to stop. Bec did get a number and talked to somebody and sent a fax to cancel, so that should be good.

I wish I'd have thought to whip out the iPhone and start searching right then on the doorstep. The only references to the company I found were at RipoffReport.com. Bad sign for them.

And the continued magic of the Internet: according to Google, this is what is at their address in Florida. Doesn't really inspire confidence. I was expecting to at least see an office park or a "Mailboxes Etc" type store. Which building do you think is "Suite #3"?

Magazines make sense if I was making up a scam, you'd not notice anything was wrong until months later when nothing had arrived.

I'll never know if it could have been legit, but that Googling raised some big suspicions. We'd just be out the cost of a magazine. The kid earns points and will (supposedly) get a big $5000 reward for getting enough points. From Seattle, what's he going to do if some company in Florida decides to not pay?

Unread 07-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

first
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 05:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

its clear he's sampling peoples blogs in some sort of passive aggressive and cryptic way of expressing himself (GWB's favorite way of expression ftr) rather than contributing anything concrete to Nubblies, except for the occassional scathing financial criticism, which often isn't too helpful to the layman anyways.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 06:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

I find it very, very sexy that GWB is so mysterious.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

The OP seems to be mimicking my entire contribution to nubblies. But it was posted 6 years before I joined. omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

what in the actual fuck is going on here

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think you mean, what in the figurative fuck is going on here.

Quote:
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Spice Master

NOPE ACTUAL, I DIDN'T SAY "LITERAL FUCK", DUMB FUCK

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Shouldn't you be sleeping right now?

Quote:
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
MURICAN

It was like a magic spell. Kind of instant recovery...although my wrist wasn't actually recover but my mind already forgot about that. You know what...the next thing I tried was travel, I went to checked on my festival list, the first one came across is a border festival in Jiangcheng but time was a bit tight, no way I could make it there in a day. but I could hit on another one a week later also in Jiangcheng area. Anyways...an Mongolian festival caught my eye, it happen every 3 year in Tonghai, and the next one fall on Dec 13th 2011, why not...I need to do something after sit on my ass for the last 2 months. But recently there wasn't anymore golden flare strike out from my bank book whenever I open it to check the balance! well...throw it back to the "thing happen for a reason" theory, perhaps that was the real reason why the sabotaging of my travel! I think I need to find a way to make my traveling life sustainable, beside some casual guiding job and I want to experimental a new form of tour, since I travel mostly for market and festival, perhaps peoplewould like to tag-along and join me for a small fee, will see how it work out.
Since my left hand still couldn't handle my camera, so I borrowed a small compact digital from a friend then I am good to make my trip. I knew it gonna be a slow bus ride so I departed yesterday, 9:30 bus to Jianshui through the old road from Nansha, it'd been awhile that I travel on this road, now that the dam had been completed and most of the road had been repaved, the journey was a bit comfortable. the river-lake that had been created after the dam has become a area for mass production of fish and shrimp, no wondered you could see fish for sell everyday in the local market. Changed bus in Jianshui and carry on to Tonghai with many more stop and wait stop and wait and finally arrived there by 6pm. luckily I was in no hurry, otherwise I was sure of heart attack!
The village of Xingmeng is about 11km from Tonghai town, frequency public bus run on that road. Xingmeng is the only township that lived the Mongolian in Yunnan, there are about 5000 Mongolian in the area. they were the descendant of the troop came down here with Kublai Khan in the year 1253. Their ancestor stay behind by the Jiluhu lake near Tonghai, First they transformed themselve from Nomad into fishermen, then until today they became farmer, an interesting evolution! Nadamo is a traditional festival in Mongolia, happen mostly in June during summer season. and most of the images you could vision are grassland and racing horses, but here in Xingmeng you are surrounded by green vegetable paddy. but Nadamo mean game or funfair, so...as long as its making fun, it could be in any form they want it I guess. The 3 days event offered music and dance show with Mongolian favour, some of the performers actually came from Mongolia. A singing contest dedicated to Mongolian song, completion game like wrestling, tug-of-war and yes...yes knew it...basketball! A trade fair and street market, there also bon-fire gathering each night, the best was....free meal everyday!!!!! The whole festival started with a ceremony by offereing to their 3 main ancestors(the 3 Mongolian hero, Genghis Khan, Kublai Khan and Möngke Khan ) in the temple on the first day, It wasn't anything near great about this Nadamo in Xingmeng, just like a Chinese man I met there said,"whenever a festival took part by government, then it lost the favour"! he was here 3 year ago and said it was better as they kept some local activities that happened more on the street inside the village and more local could participated, and they canceled it this year. Anyways... for me...a day out and see another costume that I hadn't noticed before. I was totally satisfied. Although they didn't speak the Mongol language here, but they do keep the costume(hope it is really original), a long sleeve shirt with colour zebra stripes on sleeve, an inch up-turn collar where the only area with embroidery work on, a sleeveless vest open in the middle with decorated knots on one side, and row of silver plaque on the other side. young women wear their hair with 2 pigtail cross over on forehead, married women wrapped with turban, and old women wore a tower like headdress(in the old day).
note
bus Yuanyang to Jianshui 40 yuan
bus Jianshui to Tonghai 21 yuan