Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #151 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

So does anybody with military experience know how the system will work once/if they decide to charge Manning? Who decides what the charges will be, is Treason on the table, etc?
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #152 (permalink)
Hide your nieces.

Internets: 7656
SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute

Blond, I'm pretty sure my company can't ask me to not read the news...that's what I was referring to.

As for Manning, he'll be tried and courtmartialed under the UCMJ - Uniform Code of Military Justice.

US will press criminal charges against Manning, alleged Wikileaks source - Boing Boing

Uniform Code of Military Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SinisterKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #153 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

So I was just thinking; those news outlets that are calling for the head of anybody with Wikileaks are actually being quite hypocritical as they are doing essentially the same thing Wikileaks did.

Wikileaks just posted information that somebody else had stolen; the news outlets are running stories containing the information from the leaks that are newsworthy, while on the editorial page calling for the blood of Wikileaks.

In reality, if the information was just on the Wikileaks site in it's original and raw form, the public at large would not actually take the time to read it and sort it to get to the controversial parts.

Clearly it is not exactly the same, but the news outlets are posting information from the leaks, which they are criticizing Wikileaks for.

Although again, I place Manning as the villain here, with Wikileaks being more ambiguous.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #154 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
It's clearly not, though...the trial is going to be interesting, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterKid View Post
Blond, I'm pretty sure my company can't ask me to not read the news...that's what I was referring to.
Don't you take that tone with me, Mr.!!!

I thought you were talking about the responsibility of News outlets when I read that. Like the Guardian, etc. Saying that it was alright for them to post the leaks -- to which I was saying "It's not alright though, because of what is happening to Wikileaks". Misunderstanding on my part.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #155 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
So I was just thinking; those news outlets that are calling for the head of anybody with Wikileaks are actually being quite hypocritical as they are doing essentially the same thing Wikileaks did.

Wikileaks just posted information that somebody else had stolen; the news outlets are running stories containing the information from the leaks that are newsworthy, while on the editorial page calling for the blood of Wikileaks.

In reality, if the information was just on the Wikileaks site in it's original and raw form, the public at large would not actually take the time to read it and sort it to get to the controversial parts.

Clearly it is not exactly the same, but the news outlets are posting information from the leaks, which they are criticizing Wikileaks for.

Although again, I place Manning as the villain here, with Wikileaks being more ambiguous.
Quote:
Rape case aside, it's been said the US is going to charge him of spying. How is that going to work when there are myriad other news companies (which is what wikileaks is) that also posted leaked information?
SWHAT I'M SAYIN DAWG

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #156 (permalink)
Spice Master

World governments still don't know how the Internet works: Here Come The WikiLeaks Copycats: IndoLeaks, BrusselsLeaks And BalkanLeaks - Andy Greenberg - The Firewall - Forbes

Sidenote, would Manning have been caught if he didn't brag about it to his "buddy" online?

Reminds me of that quote from Layer Cake (although not about a murder, still damn good advice in general);

Quote:
If you have to kill someone, never ever tell a living soul.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #157 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sidenote, would Manning have been caught if he didn't brag about it to his "buddy" online?

= Why you should never trust an assburger
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #158 (permalink)
Hide your nieces.

Internets: 7656
SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SWHAT I'M SAYIN DAWG
Please stop putting an S in front of words.
SinisterKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #159 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, SinisterKid says stop saying S stuff, stupid shit, or suffer severely satanic solutions....see?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #160 (permalink)
Spice Master

The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

― Terence McKenna
Unread 12-17-2010, 02:14 AM   #161 (permalink)
Spice Master

The WikiLeaks wake up call - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Quote:
As the Guardian's columnist Simon Jenkins put it: "Disclosure is messy and tests moral and legal boundaries. It is often irresponsible and usually embarrassing. But it is all that is left when regulation does nothing, politicians are cowed, lawyers fall silent and audit is polluted. Accountability can only default to disclosure. As Jefferson remarked, the press is the last best hope when democratic oversight fails, as it does in the case of most international bodies."

― Terence McKenna
Unread 12-18-2010, 02:33 AM   #162 (permalink)
Spice Master

Assange Walks Off ABC Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Assange
"...tabloid schmuck."

― Terence McKenna
Unread 12-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #163 (permalink)
Spice Master

Julian Assange interview - FROST OVER THE WORLD - Al Jazeera English
Unread 12-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #164 (permalink)
Spice Master

This is disgusting. I've been drifting from CNN for a while but this was the coup de grace for me, i'll never willfully get information from them again.
Unread 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #165 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

You know we're all friends with you on facebook. We really don't need to see this for a second time.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #166 (permalink)
Spice Master

Unread 07-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #167 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Bump.
Waiting with bated breath for the verdict
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote