Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #551 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

You're so full of shit it's oozing out your ears.

How do you suppose they do that? Perhaps it could be in the form of obstructing everything he tries to do in the house of representatives? Perhaps by refusing to compromising on anything? Perhaps by creating a political deadlock to the point that people question if our very government is broken? Perhaps by sowing discontent through these means?

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 12-10-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #552 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

A filibuster hasn't been allowed since like 1842 in the house of representatives. A senate filibuster is not possible if there is a 3/5 majority vote that brings the debate to a close by invoking cloture. If I'm not mistaken, in 2009 the democrats had roughly 58 seats in the senate. 3/5 majority is 60 senators. The republicans tried to use filibusters, but they were often failures. As the 111th congress had over 100 cloture votes within the first year. And let's be clear, a filibuster is nothing more than a delay by prolonging the floor debate. It does not change the legislation or prevent it from becoming law. Like I said, he could pass anything he wanted and the republicans could not stop anything.

I'm beginning to wonder if you know how congress works.

Last edited by Saint DH; 12-10-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #553 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
It's people like you who are so hyper-partisan that drown out moderate voices on both sides.
Just to play devil's advocate here (ironically?) "moderate" universally has positive connotations and is without question accepted as correct in the collective subconscious. But have we ever considered that this presumption "moderation" might just be 100% wrong? What if the best solution really was liberalism/conservatism/anarchy/communism/etc.?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #554 (permalink)
Almost there...

Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Just to play devil's advocate here (ironically?) "moderate" universally has positive connotations and is without question accepted as correct in the collective subconscious. But have we ever considered that this presumption "moderation" might just be 100% wrong? What if the best solution really was liberalism/conservatism/anarchy/communism/etc.?
You might be right, but our system of government was literally designed to make it so we have to compromise and therefore be moderate.
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #555 (permalink)
Almost there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
A filibuster hasn't been allowed since like 1842 in the house of representatives. A senate filibuster is not possible if there is a 3/5 majority vote that brings the debate to a close by invoking cloture. If I'm not mistaken, in 2009 the democrats had roughly 58 seats in the senate. 3/5 majority is 60 senators. The republicans tried to use filibusters, but they were often failures. As the 111th congress had over 100 cloture votes within the first year. And let's be clear, a filibuster is nothing more than a delay by prolonging the floor debate. It does not change the legislation or prevent it from becoming law. Like I said, he could pass anything he wanted and the republicans could not stop anything.

I'm beginning to wonder if you know how congress works.
Just for reference:
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #556 (permalink)
Almost there...

I'm going to explain this one more time, just in case anyone doesn't understand.

The real problem going on right now in this country is gerrymandering. Gerrymandering is the act of redistricting by political parties to effectively create voting strongholds. So the democrats and republicans carve up a state so that they will be unchallenged by the opposition in their respective districts. This has the consequence of of incumbents fearing challenges within their own party more than from the opposite party. So what happens is the incumbent, we'll say a republican, is more likely to move farther to the right in order to avoid being labeled liberal and not as "pure". If that republican takes a stance or votes on issues that are contrary to what the right wing of his party wants he becomes much more vulnerable. Since the goal is to stay in office, there is no incentive to work with the other side. So you effectively have dems and repubs moving farther to the right and left to appease their bases, which means political deadlock, because as we all know, we have a system of checks and balances.

Most people don't even know wtf gerrymandering is! I didn't know what it is until about two years ago. When you really start to think about it you realize just how big of a problem it really is.

In my opinion we have to reform this process, or more radically become a parliamentary government so shit can actually get done; politicians are too slick and partisan now to not abuse the system of checks and balances.
Unread 12-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #557 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

There are 99 problems the USA has right now and gerrymandering certainly is one.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 12-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #558 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
If I'm not mistaken, in 2009 the democrats had roughly 58 seats in the senate. 3/5 majority is 60 senators.
Uhhh ... 58 < 60 ... you can check my math on that, I could be mistaken ... I'm not an aspiring accountant.

So what you are saying is that if the Republicans wanted to THREATEN to filibuster something, they would just have to assume that the Democrats didn't have what is commonly referred to as a "super majority" in which they can force a cloture vote to end any filibuster ... otherwise, the simple threat of filibuster could be used to block bills that otherwise would have a majority in the Senate?

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #559 (permalink)
Long Live Dixie

Internets: 35125
j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to j money

I only caught the last 30 minutes of the GOP debate last night but here are some highlights. It's awesome to see Ron Paul getting more attention.

Felix Masturbation Material:

Mitt Romney's bet
--How horrible is Rick Perry?? Seriously. I can't stand to look at him or Bachman.

j money is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #560 (permalink)
Almost there...

Paul is by far the most principled candidate with the strongest character. It's really a shame I just don't agree with a lot of his policies.

One thing I have noticed is that his campaign must have brought in a public speaking coach or something, because his oration is much better than it was just six months ago - he's less rushed, bumbles less and is generally more articulate. He still overuses conjunctions though, especially "but".
Unread 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #561 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Paul is by far the most principled candidate with the strongest character. It's really a shame I just don't agree with a lot of his policies.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #562 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

The Ron Paulites have open arms to the rest of you.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #563 (permalink)
Almost there...

Will there be free punch and pie?
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #564 (permalink)
Almost there...

Zakaria: The real burden on the U.S. economy – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

What say you?
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #565 (permalink)
MURICAN

I love Ron Paul.

Unread 12-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #566 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
I'd say that has some credibility if the rest of the world wasn't also fucked. But Europe is worse than the USA so why, exactly, is it reasonable to assume our problems come from relativistic measures? And who's to say these are the cause of the problem rather than just a coorelated by-product?

Pretty weak if you ask me.

Unread 12-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #567 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Latest poll shows Paul's numbers continue rising in Iowa.

Gingrich 22%
Paul 21%

Come on Ronnie - time to slay the big government old man.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #568 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Ronnie
Have you ever noticed that you always make some gay nickname for people/places? It'd be nice if you could figure out how to stop.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:40 AM   #569 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Requesting more examples.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #570 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

He calls you Matty when you're not around.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #571 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

He calls UB Tommy.

Quote:
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #572 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

He calls kremlin "Kremster"
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #573 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

DO ME DO ME
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #574 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

No need to get shrill, RP2K12 fans, it's all just jokes.
Chris Paul v. RuPaul v. Ron Paul: Your Definitive Guide - Hollywood Prospectus Blog

Quote:
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #575 (permalink)
Long Live Dixie

Internets: 35125
j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to j money

Ron Paul delivers babies without his hands. He simply reads them the Bill of Rights and they crawl out in anticipation of freedom.
j money is offline   Reply With Quote