Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #26 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

We need a revolution.

But how do you inspire people who are mindless drones hypnotized with television, video games and Internet? People who are so comfortable in their lives that they will risk nothing. We have all become so complacent that we are too pussy to take a stand.

I am just as guilty. I could go start a riot or something, but fucking GTA comes out next week and I don't want to go to jail!
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

If we riot against our government the terrorists win.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing the probable revolution won't happen until America gets to a point where millions are suffering or dying from something that could have been prevented. Starvation, epidemic, environmental or nuclear catastrophe are all realistic possibilities. I don't think much else would motivate the collective population enough to organize.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Even when that happens, the zombies that are the American people, will be fed CNN/Fox/MSNBC coverage. We have been trained. The country as us right where they want us. When you start seeing the tanks roll through, it's to late.

I've seen more police searches during traffic stops in this town in the last 3 months then I have in the previous 29 years. They are taking freedom piece, by piece. The only mistake they are making, is showing overthrows of governments in other countries. Hopefully, people see that it can be done. It's a long road on this side of the fence, but we creep closer to having no choice.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

The situation isn't as dire as it could be, and far from apocalyptic. There have always been people throughout history who would rather focus on "how fucked we are" and establishing moral and intellectual superiority over "the others" --- rather than the much more productive route of accepting the fuckery as the current state, and focusing on a way, they, themselves, can work towards helping it. Because I assure you, everyone playing demagogue 24/7 about the current state of affairs isn't going to do anything but stir the pot even further.

Then again, who knows. Maybe the 'Alex Jones'-type rabble-rousers will play a key figure in the hypothetical future revolution. Like the first wave of people to be picked off; the powderkeg; necessary and valued sacrifices. These types are the most fanatical and emotional about their opinions; why wouldn't they sacrifice their own lives to defend their beliefs?

I hope some of you see the point here. Will be interesting to see how it turns out! But try not to have heart attacks and strokes in the meantime, guys.
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

So what do you guys think about the fingerprint access to the next iPhones? Will it struggle to sell thanks to these NSA revelations?
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #32 (permalink)

Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a shit about the iPhone?

The NSA is giving foreign intelligence agencies private info on US citizens. It's not just Ahmad Ahkbar either, they have access to unfiltered sigint, which stands for signal intelligence. Of all the injustices the NSA has committed, this one feels the most like complete betrayal.
Unread 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Who gives a shit about the iPhone?
See this is a problem. Finger print activation is in direct correlation to your issues with the NSA. It's okay though, because it's going to have a feature that talks to you, and makes you feel better about yourself. I'm not sure why I was so dumb, for so long on all of this shit. The American public is so numbed by TV, Video games, and fast food, they just don't give a shit about their rights anymore.

Hell, even today, free finger printing for kids at the park. Come see fluffy the police dog and get your prints taken. It's all good, cause the kids will giggle and laugh at old fluffy, while they buy into the police state that we are becoming.

Unread 09-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Spice Master

I guess I just want to be clear, you guys are just hear to bitch and whine in the circle-jerk, without actually wanting to do anything productive at all, right? I need to know whether to unsubscribe from the thread or not.

ty <3
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #35 (permalink)

What the fuck do you want us to do Blonde? Should we storm our courthouses, and demand a change? It's pretty hard to topple a government by yourself. It's a fucking message board. People discuss how they feel about certain things.

FTR, you are the last person to confront anyone about bitching and whining. You are the king of that throne around here. Obviously with me in 2nd, but a far 2nd.

Unread 09-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Spice Master

So you're feeling attacked right now, is that why you're lashing out at me?

You aren't discussing. You're bitching and whining. You aren't thinking of possible solutions or ways to change the course of things. You're being a victim. However, it's easier to be a victim of the government than Mr. Blonde, right? Fuck that guy, now I'm going to focus on him!

It's not just you. It's the nature of the board as it is right now. Do you want to be constructive or destructive?
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #37 (permalink)

Once again, I don't take criticism about whining from a guy like you. You see, the only thing I can do is vote. I'm controlled on when I can vote, but because I do, I have the right to complain about whatever I want. Solution to a problem, such as a dirty counter, is easy. A solution to a tyrant government isn't. There are plenty of solutions to the problem, but why waste time on something that isn't going to happen. I would rather point out what is happening, and going to happen in the future.

As for attacking you, so far they haven't taken that freedom away from me yet. You added nothing to the conversation, only to bitch and whine, about bitching and whining. You sir, are that guy.

Unread 09-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Spice Master

I wasn't saying you aren't free to criticize others. I'm saying there are ways to do it constructively, and there are ways to do it that are not (which devolve into personal attacks, which are almost always pointless and unnecessary and ego-serving). You have already established you are in the latter camp and defend your position by acting powerless and victimy -- and feeling the need to defend yourself from being criticized by me, by criticizing my own past behavior in response to my pointing out the negative aspects of your current behavior. In your mind, this "equalizes" the affront (probably a subconscious one) to your ego and puts you "back in the game" again. If we "discuss" this way, it turns from the actual issue at hand into just bickering back and forth.

Can't you see this?

If you can't see that it's much more positive to think of solutions to currently existing problems, rather than focusing on the negative aspects (which you recently denounced in the sexbox, ironically), then I don't know what to tell you. You've turned this from a potentially constructive actual discussion, into something more like this:

infinity

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 09-14-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

DH, I'm surprised you missed the point. My point was that we have been giving all of this information to companies and the government who have been abusing it, collecting all of this information to create databases about us. The last thing that I'm going to do is slap my fingerprint on the phone. Next they are going ask for a DNA check to make sure we can check in your own phone, of which at that point they will have everything they need to convict you of anything.
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

Yes I understand now. This is the first I've heard about fingerprint scanning on the 5s, or about the 5s in general, which I will not be buying. And yes, I see your point in how this is all relevant in the current situation with the government.
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

"OMG GUYS! They're going to be able to match my fingerprints to those found at the scene of the crime(s) I commit! This is a nanny state."

Alternatively:

"Crime is out of control, why can't the police solve these simple crimes?"

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #42 (permalink)

Blonde, I've already laid out the major changes that need to be made in order to change the way our government works. Get rid of career politicians through term limits. Make it illegal for a lobbyist to be a politician and a politician to become a lobbyist. Reduce the size of the federal government. Give rights back to states. Make sure the traitors at the NSA and IRS go to prison.
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Traitor Snowden needs to be taken in and thrown into a dark hole and never be seen again. This is all his fault. If he wouldn't have been such a faggot everyone would be fine and wouldn't even be having this conversation.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Blonde, I've already laid out the major changes that need to be made in order to change the way our government works. Get rid of career politicians through term limits. Make it illegal for a lobbyist to be a politician and a politician to become a lobbyist. Reduce the size of the federal government. Give rights back to states. Make sure the traitors at the NSA and IRS go to prison.
Great ideas. So, we know what to do. Do you think the American people can still make these changes happen? Or do you believe all hope lost?
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #45 (permalink)

There's no way those changes will be put in place.

The simple reason is that the normal citizen has so much to lose by taking action, but the powers that be have so much to lose if they don't fight to keep the status quo or whatever.
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Vote libertarian mother fuckers. I've been saying this for over a decade.
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
"OMG GUYS! They're going to be able to match my fingerprints to those found at the scene of the crime(s) I commit! This is a nanny state."

Alternatively:

"Crime is out of control, why can't the police solve these simple crimes?"
Sometimes I really question whether you are a troll or just so indifferent because it won't affect your shitty life.
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Vote libertarian mother fuckers. I've been saying this for over a decade.
Implying your vote counts for shit.

Implying all federal elections aren't rigged.
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #49 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Sometimes I really question whether you are a troll or just so indifferent because it won't affect your shitty life.
Oh we're back to that again? Gosh guys, I really wish I knew how to make my life not shitty ... anyone have some advice? Worst thing is, I'm pretty happy with 95% of the aspects of my life, but that 5% is just so overbearingly intensely shitty that it brings my entire life down into the toilet ... and I don't even realize how miserable I am every day.

HALP.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Kill yourself. It's the only way.