Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

This is just more semantic meta-arguing in response to my semantic meta-arguing but in comic-form. AND NOW I'VE META-META-META ARGUED BACK IN RESPONSE, WHEN WILL IT END???

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 09-15-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #53 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
"OMG GUYS! They're going to be able to match my fingerprints to those found at the scene of the crime(s) I commit! This is a nanny state."
It's not about infringing on criminals rights, it's about infringing on non criminals rights. You get arrested or break the law, you get fingerprinted. You shouldn't have to worry about them having your fingerprints at their disposal if you have never been in trouble with the law.

It's the same thing with the NSA. Why do they need to track American citizens phones and emails? I was on the whole, " we must protect at all cost, including cost of personal privacy." I was wrong. They were given an inch with the TSA, and now have taken a mile with the NSA. When will it stop you ask? Whenever our tyrant, 2 party government, controls every aspect of our life. It's cool though, everything they do, is to protect your safety.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #54 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

The cure for 1984...

...is 1933
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #55 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

An inch of power must never be granted.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #56 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktooth View Post
It's not about infringing on criminals rights, it's about infringing on non criminals rights. You get arrested or break the law, you get fingerprinted. You shouldn't have to worry about them having your fingerprints at their disposal if you have never been in trouble with the law.

It's the same thing with the NSA. Why do they need to track American citizens phones and emails? I was on the whole, " we must protect at all cost, including cost of personal privacy." I was wrong. They were given an inch with the TSA, and now have taken a mile with the NSA. When will it stop you ask? Whenever our tyrant, 2 party government, controls every aspect of our life. It's cool though, everything they do, is to protect your safety.
On the plus side, they'll be able to identify my body by fingerprint when my head gets chopped off and buried in the desert. Win some / lose some.

Seriously, how do fingerprints matter? AT ALL. If you're not committing major crimes? Do you know how often they actually use fingerprints in an investigation?

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #57 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Do you know how often they actually use fingerprints in an investigation?
Very frequently. Viable latent prints are often not found, but its extremely common to search for prints for any felony crime. Also, I'm going to assume that since we are starting to use DNA much more frequently, it's probably similar across the board.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #58 (permalink)

Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

How much time do criminal investigators spend looking for traces of semen?
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittinOnDubsWGW View Post
Very frequently. Viable latent prints are often not found, but its extremely common to search for prints for any felony crime. Also, I'm going to assume that since we are starting to use DNA much more frequently, it's probably similar across the board.
In non-felony crimes how often are fingerprints used?

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #60 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Probably considerably less.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #61 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Technology is evolving faster than the laws to govern it.

The constitution hasn't been relevant in years and is mainly symbolic.

In a rapidly globalizing world this is not entirely a bad thing.

The NSA is is only the beginning.

Human life will change more in the next 100 years than it has in the previous 1,000.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #62 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

The next 25-50 years are going to be incredible, I'm really looking forward to the future.
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Vote libertarian mother fuckers. I've been saying this for over a decade.
How do you deal with the "libertarianism only works in a community of well behaved people." thing?
from
The Dark Enlightenment critique of Libertarianism Jim’s Blog
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #64 (permalink)

Reddiot logic:

The NSA is a villainous entity. The federal government has turned on us all. We need to fight these tyrants.

But please expand the federal government's power to control the medical insurance industry, thus making the government exceptionally more powerful.

Fucking dumbasses.
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #65 (permalink)
Spice Master

Why do you still visit Reddit?
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #66 (permalink)

Mainly for the content aggregation, which it does a very good job.
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

I visit reddit to get news, due to its filtration being way better than any "news" company I've tried to follow.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #68 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

You mean Al Jezerra America doesn't cut it?!?!!?

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #69 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

The nfl subreddit is awesome. Bitcoin not bad. Then there's the dozens of novelty subreddits like polandball that just crack me up.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote