Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #351 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
The King's Speech. A very well put together film. Focuses on the success of George V, Eddie VII, and George 6. George 6 stutters like a sumbitch and hires a bunch of dudes to fix that shit. Has all the ingredients of an award winner. Firth handles the role if George 6 extremely well. Rusk is good as Lionel and provides most of the comedy. Carter is solid as Liz queen mum. The casting was very well done to the point that you know who was supposed to be whom when first appearing on the screen, such as Neville chamberlain. So you get gripping story of guy overcoming his demons/ailment while gripping drama unfolds around with a happy ending. Not Korean massage happy ending, but positive uptick to the storyline at it's conclusion.

Will probably be nominated for best picture, Firth for actor, and Rusk for supporting actor or lead actor. Along with a bunch of other shit no straight dude gives a shit about.
^^^^this.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #352 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Human Centipede. There was talk of it in another thread, but I finally watched it via instant netflix and feel it's home is here now.

Ludicrous from day one. From beginning to end it's a full-on assault on your sense of, well sense I guess. It starts as most horror movies do, with a nighttime flat tire in the woods of some unfamiliar territory. As the chicks stumble through the woods, things start to pick up with the writing. One of the chicks gets pissed because they shouldn't have left the car, so decides a better alternative is to stand frozen in place crying. She doesn't want to go back to the car, doesn't want to continue onward, she just wants to sit there. She's the perfect character for a movie such as this. Anyway, of course a few steps later the other chick discovers a light and tells the first chick--to which she replies through tears, "I don't beliiiiieeeevve you for some reason!" I'm not doing the line any justice here, you'll have to enjoy it on your own. The move goes from good to great starting right here. As they walk up to the house they pass a grave with the inscription, "My sweet 3 dog." That is where I will leave you in the plot, as to not spoil it for you.

I will now address issues that came up in the other thread. I'll start off with a couple to get the ball rolling, but please feel free to ask me any additional questions, as I'm now a Human Centipede expert.

The writer supposedly used a surgeon to aid in the realism of the procedure and then claimed it to be medically accurate. It is likely that if this surgeon's name is at all attached to that statement, he is no longer able to practice. The accuracy claim has been described as "laughable" and "rubbish" by the (I'm assuming European based on that last word) medical community.

The middle piece is apparently by far the worst piece. Aside from the fact that your mouth is sutured onto someone's asshole, the healing process is apparently the most painful.

Fun fact: My brother convinced my sister-in-law that this was based on a true story.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #353 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Women are stupid. When the Exorist was rereleased about ten years ago, my friends girlfriend had passes to see it. When we arrived she asked if anyone knew what it was about. I told her it was a romantic comedy with a good sound track. Bitch believed me until about it was obvious from the film. She was from New Zealand but had been in the states way long enough. Also told her the Bone Collector was a French film about a guy obsessed with collecting bone china. She believed that too.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #354 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

You'd actually be surprised to hear that this was, in some slight way, based on a true story.

In 1976, a child named Valeriy Mekretzioff was born without the ability to digest food due to various birth defects. Under normal circumstances Valeriy would have died, but he had a brother named Jonotan Mekretzioff who was able to ingest and digest food, but had severe damage in his spinal tissue, and doctors determined he would be permanantly paralyzed. In an effort to save the life of young Valeriy, doctors, used a series of tubes to feed him food digested by Jonotan. Unfortunately, Valeriy had allergies that didn't affect Jonatan, including a severe allergy to peanut oil, and he was killed by some digested food which contained the very common oil. Jonotan surived the ordeal, but died of complications at the age of six months.

Reference: The Human Centipede (First Sequence) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #355 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekremlin View Post
You'd actually be surprised to hear that this was, in some slight way, based on a true story.

In 1976, a child named Valeriy Mekretzioff was born without the ability to digest food due to various birth defects. Under normal circumstances Valeriy would have died, but he had a brother named Jonotan Mekretzioff who was able to ingest and digest food, but had severe damage in his spinal tissue, and doctors determined he would be permanantly paralyzed. In an effort to save the life of young Valeriy, doctors, used a series of tubes to feed him food digested by Jonotan. Unfortunately, Valeriy had allergies that didn't affect Jonatan, including a severe allergy to peanut oil, and he was killed by some digested food which contained the very common oil. Jonotan surived the ordeal, but died of complications at the age of six months.

Reference: The Human Centipede (First Sequence) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ummm I wrote this when I was drunk last night and not a single word of it is true. I apologize.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #356 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute

I had already read that the origin if the story was a bad joke about punishing child molesters.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #357 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Inside Job last night, a documentary about the financial crisis. I highly recommend it. It basically breaks down how places like Lehmans and AIG were able to collapse which led to others collapsing and a huge economic crisis in general. The whole thing was pretty surreal to watch. I mean, it happened in our lifetimes, not very long ago at all. I don't think I appreciated what an enormous thing it was for society when it was actually happening. So much of our lives and who we are were shaped by the elements and culture surrounding, leading up to, and following the financial collapse.

Overall, great documentary. One of the most important I've seen. Left me with the impression that something like this will happen again one day. No major changes were really made to prevent it from happening again. It's a systematic problem: when financial markets aren't regulated enough, companies (people) will eventually start taking bigger gambles than they should in the pursuit of riches. AIG should have never been allowed to pass the buck on decreasing their exposure to the financial products they were insuring. They were an insurance company for god's sake! They're supposed to be the line in the sand where the speculation stops. It's just human nature. We'll see another huge financial crisis like this again in our lifetimes. People don't learn any lessons.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #358 (permalink)

Internets: 266473
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

According to Alan Greenspan, it will absolutely happen again one day.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #359 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Thrashin'. The 1986 portrayal of an up and coming young skaterboarder (Josh Brolin), trying to win the famed, "LA Massacre" downhill competition. Because he's from, "the valley," he almost immediately gets into it with the local skateboarding punks known as, "The Daggers." He finds adventure and love on his way to the top, but will an injury collapse his dreams? Find out.

This is maybe one of the cheesier movies I've ever seen now that I'm watching it and am no longer an impressionable little bastard in the 1980s. Even still for nostalgia purposes, it was awesome because it's exactly what California was like in the 80s.

One of my favorite exchanges from the movie:

Girl from Indiana: God those kids are crazy. Back home you don't see that kind of stuff; just frat parties and homecoming games.

Brolin: They're just thrashers. They're all right.

Girl from Indiana: Thrashers? They sounds like vandals or juvenile delinquents--troubled youth.

Brolin: Noooooo, no. Thrashin'. It's just an agressive style of skating. You know... We... Thrash.

Girl from Indiana: Well what do you thrash.

Brolin: What do you got?

AWESOME.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #360 (permalink)

Internets: 4908
heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute

heurisdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #361 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Hoosiers last night, and loved it. To take a small school like Hickory (Milan) and win a One Class State Title is what dreams are made of. If you enjoy a good sports movie, take time away from light saber fights and magic broom stick rides, and pop in this classic.

If you like this title, you may also enjoy : Mighty Ducks D2, Miricle on Ice, He Got Game, Air Bud, Little Big League.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #362 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Braveheart is pretty good.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #363 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Braveheart sucks.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #364 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
I watched Hoosiers last night, and loved it. To take a small school like Hickory (Milan) and win a One Class State Title is what dreams are made of. If you enjoy a good sports movie, take time away from light saber fights and magic broom stick rides, and pop in this classic.

If you like this title, you may also enjoy : Mighty Ducks D2, Miricle on Ice, He Got Game, Air Bud, Little Big League.
I live 10 minutes from Milan, and have been to the '54 museum, and it was all a drastic waste of time. The place is a shit hole and the story they tell in the movie is so twisted and dramatized that it's hardly the same story. Fuck every bit of that place and movie.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #365 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Braveheart is pretty good.
Not something you'll hear many Jews say.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #366 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Dude.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

If we judged movies based on how crazy the starring actor went later on in his life, I would not like Top Gun, Cocktail, Risky Business, etc nearly as much as I do.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #367 (permalink)

Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitacious B View Post
I live 10 minutes from Milan, and have been to the '54 museum, and it was all a drastic waste of time. The place is a shit hole and the story they tell in the movie is so twisted and dramatized that it's hardly the same story. Fuck every bit of that place and movie.
Now you're beginning to see one of the flaws of Hollywood. Nothing is real. This is especially true about movies "based on a true story". They take the real story, twist it up and dramatize it until there is only but a minor semblance of the original story left.

This is why I think a lot of Hollywood people become so crazy later in life. They work in fantasy land, and they have so much money and fame that eventually they lose touch with reality.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #368 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 299660
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Quote:
This is especially true about movies "based on a true story"
Are you saying that movies "based on a true story" are less realistic than those that make no such claim?
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #369 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

"300" was a very historically accurate movie. So much so, that I thought I had somehow travailed back in time; a simpler time when you'd have a hole built specifically for kicking niggers down.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #370 (permalink)

No that's not what I meant, although after re-reading it, it does sound that way. In a way, though, it is true. Movies that aren't based on true stories are not explicitly saying that they are. So while a movie about aliens fucking chickens is clearly more fake than a movie about a goddamn basketball team, both are ultimately fake. The difference is that one is trying to fool you.

I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, and some movies are historically accurate, according to history. However, I am not so certain how accurate history is.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #371 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Watched "the invention of lying" on the netflix yesterday. A fuckload better than I thought it would be. Mark our hero lives in a world where the concept of lying doesn't exist. Until one day at the bank when their system is down they ask him how much money is in his account and his destitute ass gets the idea to say more than there is. Because he said 800 instead of 300 the bank thinks its an error on the computer's part --when it comes back up. He tries in vain to show his pals his new discovery but it just doesn't work. The concept of telling falsehoods is unimaginable. Mark uses this to his advantage to become a successful screen writer and to woo his idea of a superhot bitch in Jennifer Garner. Who in AP's opinion is not hot at all and probably wouldn't even if drunk.

Mark later tries to comfort his mother on her deathbed by telling her there is life everlasting after death. Thereby creating a firestorm of attention and questions. Mark later descends from his house with the 10 rules for this life after death shit he invented written on pizza boxes. And regularly answers questions about the invisible man in the sky. However, Mark still has trouble with getting Jennifer Garner because he won't lie to get into her pants. He will lie to get close to porking that harsh looking horse faced bitch, but not to close the deal.

AP says check it out.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #372 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

A guy I used to work with supposedly banged Jennifer Garner in college. Apparently she was a slut. This has been confirmed by outside sources. The same guy (the banger) is probably 33 years old, has a superhot wife, and is retired and living on his boat. This is a good argument for trading as a profession.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #373 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Quote:
A guy I used to work with supposedly banged Jennifer Garner in college. Apparently she was a slut. This has been confirmed by outside sources. The same guy (the banger) is probably 33 years old, has a superhot wife, and is retired and living on his boat. This is a good argument for trading as a profession.
No shit. From what I hear on message boards, I can't figure out why everybody shouldn't be a trader. Props to your co-worker for banging a college chick, even a fugley one like Jennifer Garner, when he's in junior high. She's probably pushing 40.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #374 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 299660
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

She's 38 ftr.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #375 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

yeah, 39 in less than 2 weeks. I guess if she's a college senior, he's a high school sophomore or junior. That makes it less impressive.