Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #676 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

The lottery ticket was last scene on the fridge FYI

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #677 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Was it? I might be wrong, but I thought that's where Walt put it after he had it made. But, he had it out in the desert with him during the firefight. So unless he pinned it back up on the fridge while he was frantically packing at home before kidnapping Holly, he probably has it on his person.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #678 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the part where he had it in the desert ...

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #679 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Yah he looked at it when he called Todd's uncle to give him his coords. Which means that unless he randomly had the ticket on him when he gets the text message of the cash barrel, he stopped home at some point in a frantic state and grabbed the ticket?

All of that being said, let's be honest -- somebody as smart as Walt shouldn't need a reminder for a string of numbers like that. To pull off the amount of continuous lying he has, his memory would have to be astounding to keep up with it all. But, suspension of disbelief, etc.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 09-21-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #680 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

How will it all end?!
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #681 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 291816
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

I feel like there is way too much shit to do with only 1 episode left. No way they make it all happen. I'm curious how they go.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #682 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Down the line: DLDLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Old 09-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #683 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

DDDLDLDDLLLLLDLL
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #684 (permalink)

Breaking Bad finale was absolutely terrific IMO. Can't think of a finer way they could have ended it. What a show.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #685 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

+1. It was everything it needed to be.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #686 (permalink)

So a few more thoughts on the finale:

The flashback scene to Hank inviting Walt along for the ride-along contrasted with the present of a hardened and defeated Heisenberg standing in his graffiti'd living room was simply outstanding. The series was so complete in that moment.

I also loved the Jesse dream scene where he was crafting a wooden box. It was nice to see him in that light as a temporary escape from the nightmare that his life became towards the end of this series. And everything about him in the last scene, from having the wherewithal to deliver Todd a violent and deserved murder and yet pass on the chance to kill Walt (the only thing that could have made him telling Walt to "do it yourself" better was if he added "bitch") despite everything he's been through (and how about Walt softly saying "I want this", the ultimate gesture for Pinkman) to his euphoria after busting out of the Nazi compound... just give Aaron Paul the Emmy now.

And Walt's line to Skyler, "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really... I was alive." How refreshing was it to hear that?

Finally (although I could go on), the touch by Weiner letting us see Walt's collapse in the reflection of a cook tank. Perfectly done. The death of Walt at the end of this series was too hard to face directly. Let us see it in a blurry reflection.

The finale is at a 9.9 out of 10 on IMDB right now. What an achievement.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #687 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect fucking ending to the series.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #688 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Was I the only one that thought:

The machine gun thing was a little contrived?
He's a fucking chemist, win the day with some chemistry shit.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #689 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Meh, no biggie and easier to achieve the end state of saving Jesse and dying in the process.

Question
with only seeing it once, at the end scene with the reflection on the tank, was Walt seeing himself as Heisenberg? It looked more shaved w just goatee instead of his scraggly beard/hair?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #690 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Was I the only one that thought:

The machine gun thing was a little contrived?
He's a fucking chemist, win the day with some chemistry shit.

I also thought this was very convenient and . However, I allowed a lot with this episode for the sake of closing up loose ends; my need for emotional closure always supersedes my suspension of disbelief.

I also wondered how he knew what degree of range to use (appeared to strike the building from side to side, perfectly). Maybe Walt has eidetic memory, but had he been to the compound before?

Scene with camera panning in kitchen to reveal Walt in the doorway was fucking baller, I didn't see that coming at all

My question (and please tell me if I missed something): Why did the cops show up to the compound at the end? Who called them? This compound must be buried deep in the middle of the desert somewhere -- I suppose somebody could have heard that gun and called the cops, but this bothered me that they just showed up.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #691 (permalink)

If you haven't read through Norm MacDonald's Twitter since the finale you're missing out on a mind-blowing theory about the episode. The gist of it is described here.

Cliffs: Everything from finding the key in the visor and onward was Walter White's dream after he succumbed to police/his disease.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #692 (permalink)
Spice Master

I think a lot of people had similar ideas.

Interesting theory about it being the last episode in particular with this Norm MacDonald thing. Those last couple episodes went suspiciously smooth for Walt. I was just saying the other day how strange it was that nobody recognized this internationally-wanted drug kingpin driving around town, eating at diners and shit. And just WALTzing into Skyler's place, without getting caught? cmmaaaannn

Alternatively, I think Walt hearing his own son, for whom it could be argued he did everything, screaming "WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?" might have just finally snapped his resolve to live, thus making him the calm and calculated "Finisher" before he knew his own end would come.

If he hadn't gotten hit with that stray bullet, I have no doubt he would have killed himself. And rightly so IMO.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 10-05-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #693 (permalink)
Spice Master

Damn, looking into it a bit more that's actually a convincing theory, UB. Thanks. I remember feeling that that scene where Walt is in the snow-covered car was a bit uncharacteristic. It seemed too long for what it was [superficially?] trying to portray. fun stuff
Old 10-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #694 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 111419
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
If you haven't read through Norm MacDonald's Twitter since the finale you're missing out on a mind-blowing theory about the episode. The gist of it is described here.

I didn't like the last half season as much as I wanted to.
from the comments
ReasonablySober

I’d buy the fantasy theory if there was no Jesse in the episode. In Walt’s mind, isn’t Jesse presumed to be dead, killed by Jack when he handed him over?
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #695 (permalink)

Dent, Norm accounted for that in his theory saying that Walt pieced it together when he saw on Charlie Rose that blue meth was still on the streets; he realized the Nazis were holding Jesse captive and making him cook.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #696 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 111419
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

That fits, I do like his idea.

edit : and the bit where Skyler tells Walt about Todd and co threatening them? Do they mention blue meth on the Charlie Rose show? I thought it wasn't mentioned until Badger and the other guy with the laser pointers let him know it was still around, and only then did he find out Jessie wasn't dead?

Last edited by Dent; 10-06-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #697 (permalink)
Spice Master

Seconded this ^.

Badger and Skinny Pete assumed Walt was still cooking meth, and then they had a conversation about assuming Jesse moved to Alaska, because they hadn't seen him.

Also, that laser pointer scene was baller when I thought Walt hired assassins. It got less baller but still cool after that. I wanted closure with those two kooky characters.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #698 (permalink)

Internets: 249402
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Continuum. It's on Netflix. Sci-fi police action show. Very intriguing storyline.

Also, I am in love with Kiera, the protagonist.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #699 (permalink)

Internets: 249402
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Continuum. It's on Netflix. Sci-fi police action show. Very intriguing storyline.

Also, I am in love with Kiera, the protagonist.

It's so good I posted this twice.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #700 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

God damn, that's pretty good.