Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 290890
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Default What Did You Just Buy?

Review items that you purchased recently. Let us know if it was worth it.

I recently purchased a pair of "in ear monitors" (similar to earbuds, but you push them into your ear canal rather than setting them in your ear) from Ultimate Ears. They are the ue700's. They "retail" for $230, Amazon always has them for $180 ($140 now), but they had a deal going on a week or two ago where they gave away 1000 sets then sold 2000 for $70. I got in on the latter.

They're absolutely fantastic. Not only do they put out harmonious fucking music, but they absolutely isolate any other sound...and not with the weird static type thing that most "noise canceling" headphones have. It's more like an earplug. In fact, one of the 4 different attachments that they come with is literally the same material as an earplug. That said, the other attachments work better for me.

The highs of the sons of bitches are absolutely amazing, but the most amazing part is the lows. It's like it uses your actual ear canal to amplify the bass. For example, if you don't have a good "plug" (it isn't inserted well into your canal), the bass is non-existant & the treble completely overrides everything. Once that bastard is up in there, the world comes to life and boners are made.

If you're looking for a great pair of headphones, wait for Ultimate Ears to have a promo and buy them.

Are they worth $230? Probably not...unless you have a shitload of cash and love music. Are they worth $180? Nope. Are they worth $70? They are to me. Not overwhelmingly so, but I do not regret the purchase.

What'd you just buy?
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 205905
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

I just bought a friend dinner and beer following my Friday the 13th Bounty Snatcher tournament win.

What did you just buy?
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

In re: to Gaz: I bought some Sony's that were ~100 a few months ago, and absolutely love them... I'm guessing they are similar bc they have like a gel type ear-piece where you can't hear shit from the outside and seems to amplify the lows. Well worth it. Especially since our stereo at the gym went out.

Most recent purchase Round of 18/ cart/ lots and lots of beer... I can't think of much more I like than beautiful weather, chillin' with a buddy, and playing a solid round of golf. Definitely worth it.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

fucking consumerist faggots

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282469
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Last week I purchased a surround sound system for my TV, but I haven't really gotten to try it out yet because I also bought a new computer so I could play Starcraft 2 because mine wasn't working.

I hadn't really used my desktop at all for the last couple years so I'm pretty sure I will regret the purchase after I beat the game. But so far I'm very pleased with it. Got it for 999 at Newegg. Great deal imo.

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-250f Desktop PC | HP® Official Store
Onkyo HT-S3300 - 5.1-Channel Home Theater Package | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Is SC2 really that demanding? Wow.

Also: SC2 review please.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 100494
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Dent; 08-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 100494
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
5.1 system
What cocksucker buys a system with built in role playing gaming mode? have you flipped the switch yet?

Nice desktop, should be good enough for Diablo 3.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
What cocksucker buys a system with built in role playing gaming mode? have you flipped the switch yet?

Nice desktop, should be good enough for Diablo 3.
I was trying to figure out what you were asking and a google search didn't help.
Quote:
1. Flipped The Switch 12 up, 2 down

When you are preforming anal sex and go a little to deep. This deep penetration may cause you to hit a special spot. When this spot is touched she will start defecating everywhere. When this happens you have flipped the switch.
"I was pounding this dumb dingy bitch when I flipped the switch. Shit got rugged."
I didn't go for 7.1 because like you said, snake oils. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Plus I don't know where the hell I'd put two more speakers without nigger-rigging up something fierce.

#YOLO
Old 08-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo View Post
Is SC2 really that demanding? Wow.

Also: SC2 review please.
Coming soon.

The system requirements are not demanding at all.

#YOLO
Old 08-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

I just bought my parents British Airways tickets from Chicago to London on Oct 6th and London to Chicago on Oct 18th.

British Airways is my favorite (or least hated) airline and I rack up the miles.

What did you just buy?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought this:

Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

And I fucking love it. It feels very good in your hand, and works well. Amazing device.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought some Pex flexible piping to do some plumbing repairs in my house. Menards has couplings that allow for you to just to just push them onto copper pipe and attach the flexible plastic tubing, I literally just pushed pipes together in my basement today, no soddering or crimping or clamping ... its pretty awesome shit.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
MURICAN

I just bought the Beats Pro headphones from the "Beats by Dre" series. I lost my last pair of headphones (a Sony noise cancelling set) and decided to go all out on my next pair. And no pair of headphones could make me as randy as beats by dre.

I was awaiting the relase of these bad boys for months, only to find out they had a limited release exclusive to Best Buy in the USA. So I had to order them from a Best Buy store, have my parrents ship them to me in the UK and pay VAT on them.

These fuckers set me back $428 plus shipping and tax.

The Cons:

They are large and bulky, you cannot wear them around your neck when not using them.
Expensive
No Noise cancelling
Beats By Dre brand name, which will surely be out of style soon
Only for sale in Best Buy in the USA
Don't fit my large head perfectly
The headphone cable is actually too long - which at least is better than too short

The Pros:
Amazing sound reproduction: the entire spectrum of sound is represented
Quality construction, they look and feel indistructable
comfortable ear pieces
BASS omg BASS
Sound, sound, sound in general. I really can't understate how good they sound
Sexy design, they look amazing
Block out outside noise quite well despite not being noise cancelling (noise cancellation is at odds with sound quality)

I've only had these for a few days so far, but they've exceeded my expectations. Sleek, sexy, and amazing sound quality. The weakest link in my music is no longer my headphones but the audio files themselves.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Friend of mine is an audiophile and has been swearing by these for weeks. I'm starting to wonder if I've ever really heard music as I have never spent more than $10 for headphones, or if its more of a trained ear thing.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
MURICAN

I think everybody can appreciate a good pair of headphones.

Everytime I see this:

I die a little inside.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

It's a trained ear first, followed by experiencing great sounding speakers/headphones. DJFC, are you just listening to MP3s?

The reason I ask this, is because I've gone back to listening to CDs because of sound quality. MP3s don't get the job done for me anymore, as they are not a good enough quality for the headphones I own. The compressed MP3 files aren't as good.

In the same light, I used to loooove Bose products, but after being exposed to other products and brands, I've found that Bose is just a name that sells itself on reputation and doesn't have the product to back up that reputation.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
It's a trained ear first, followed by experiencing great sounding speakers/headphones. DJFC, are you just listening to MP3s?

The reason I ask this, is because I've gone back to listening to CDs because of sound quality. MP3s don't get the job done for me anymore, as they are not a good enough quality for the headphones I own. The compressed MP3 files aren't as good.

In the same light, I used to loooove Bose products, but after being exposed to other products and brands, I've found that Bose is just a name that sells itself on reputation and doesn't have the product to back up that reputation.
MP3s have different bitrates. The old website I used to pirate music from had a strict minimum of 192 kb/sec at a time when 128 kb/sec was common. Once you get to 224 kb/sec and above I think it gets very hard to tell the difference. Basically don't write off all MP3s, just look into the quality of MP3s that you have. The music I listen to is 320 kb/sec proprietary file format (Spotify).

There are also lossless audio files which have no compression and therefore lose no quality from their CD counterparts.

And you're wrong about the trained ear. Ask anybody to take off their iphone earbuds and put on my beats by dre and they'll instantly appreciate the sound quality. The problem is people haven't sampled better so they don't realize what they're missing.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

^ +1'ing the "not a trained ear thing" thing.

I absolutely love upgrading audio equipment. The first time one listens to their music in a place once the sound has been upgraded, that's an amazing moment. These moments include upgrading car speakers, upgrading home theatre speakers, and upgrading headphones.

It's the same feeling one gets when they've had a plugged ear for a few hours/days and then unplugs the ears. The clarity is fantastic.

The problem is that, once an upgrade has been made, upgrading to the following sequential levels becomes more and more expensive for a lesser improvement. Due to the diminishing returns, the big gain is on the first upgrade. Do yourself a favor and begin masturbating before you experience it. It will make the moment all the better.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

I guess I should have clarified. Upgrading from $10 headphones to $400 headphones will be obvious to anybody. I was referring to $125 Bose versus $90 Sonys. Things like that are a trained ear and also dependent on the type of music you listen to. I've worked on editing 4 professionally released CDs and dealt with 4 different types of "professional" head phones. Over the four years, I went from not hearing a difference to wanting to throw my Bose phones in the trash.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

This is a used Gibson Les Paul Standard

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a PRS SE semi-hollow

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

got both about a month or so ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.

Last edited by angry pancake; 11-15-2010 at 06:13 PM.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

That PRS is sexy. Nice.

The Marshall stack is pretty sweet too.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I got a 47" Vizio LCD the other day for $670, which is a pretty sweet price for that size. Yea, Vizio is a value brand but I'm not home enough/tech savvy enough to ever notice whatever minuscule differences that might exist between this and a more premium brand.

Right now, it's in my bedroom. I'm hoping it's large enough that I'll be pleased with it when I move it to a living room setting next spring.

Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Final Solution

Internets: 5464
Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute

I did a case study on Vizio televisions this summer. Although they are often perceived as a value brand, and thus associated with lower quality, from what I learned they make a very good product. The CEO of the company has been in the "display" industry for many years. Therefore, he has many connections in the industry. These connections have been a critical success factor for Vizio, and it is what allows for their competitive pricing advantage. You see, where many brands, like Sony, manufacture a majority of the various components in-house, Vizio outsources this function to companies that specialize in making the component or components. Basically, Vizio is the Dell of plasma televisions, in that their main function is branding and marketing (I believe they even outsource the assembly of the televisions). Due to the CEOs connections, he was able to pull all of these different suppliers together and sometimes even offered them a stake in the company, thereby reducing costs even more. It's really a pretty decent company that has faced off against some of the biggest companies in the world with amazing success.

Das Dritte Reich wird wieder auferstehen!
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
I got a 47" Vizio LCD the other day for $670, which is a pretty sweet price for that size. Yea, Vizio is a value brand but I'm not home enough/tech savvy enough to ever notice whatever minuscule differences that might exist between this and a more premium brand.

Right now, it's in my bedroom. I'm hoping it's large enough that I'll be pleased with it when I move it to a living room setting next spring.

I'm more concerned with the value brand beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote