Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions
Default London - From a Tourist's Perspective

This thread is devoted to my experience staying in London for a week, heightened by the Olympics happening, oh... around the exact same time.

I'm staying extremely close to the British National Museum, which has taken two days to get through. It's so freaking huge and is highlighted by the Rosetta Stone.

Culturally, I'm adjusting to the currency rate (About $3=2 British pounds (or quids)) and have had many brew in local pubs.

Guinness tastes more creamy here than in the states (I found this the same in Italy, although it tasted differently there than both U.S. and U.K.)

It's been very weird looking the opposite ways as I've crossed the street and there are many fast moving busses and bicyclists to watch out for, with quite small and narrow streets.

People jaywalk like getting hit by a car is irrelevant.

I had my first experience with a start-up company called Healthy and Fresh? (FC help?) It's a company that sends you meals with fresh ingredients, the exact amount you need for each recipe. FC had 3 meals awaiting when he got home the first day, though the person living in the flat that works for them pulled a move on us and wasn't cooking that night. We ate one of the meals the next night.

I enjoy the parks, as do the Londoners. Many people sit in the park with a significant other, or alone and read while getting some rays. I had a meal in a nearby park with a guy singing while playing guitar.

Tipping is not customary and tax is included in the price. This was the same in Italy and in Australia and I really wish the U.S. would move to this.

One may drink outside with their glass of beer, though after 10 pm, the place I went to last night halted that activity and I was stuck inside the DJ-laden bar with my Bunny with a Gun.

Most bars were closed by midnight during the week.

More to come, including pictures when I get back to the states.

Kremlin sucks.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

F3lix, would you like to come see Uraguay v Senegal and GB v UAE play Olympic football at Wembley on Sunday? I would love for you to join me and several of my coworkers, and a colleague from a brokerage firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
(About $3=2 British pounds (or quids))

Plural of quid is squid
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody cares, dent, nobody cares.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people care
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Dent, are you here, too?
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Will be travelling down on sunday night
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

I really enjoyed the Churchill Museum and War Rooms, and getting high and going to Craven Cottage, where there is a bar called "McBride's" after Brian McBride, former USA striker.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Jet-lag continues to fuck me up. After hitting the booze early today, I crashed not too long after the horrid GBR football match and woke up at 3 am, unable to get back to sleep.

Friday - Headed to Olympic Village to take in the sites and then back to the flat for the opening ceremonies gathering.

Saturday - Millenium Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, and maybe an art museum in the am. We Will Rock You Musical in afternoon, undetermined evening (hoping to get to see an olympic event but have no tickets and not sure how easy they will be to come by)

Sunday - Double-Header Football Match with Kremlin and his lads. Thank you Kremlin. :-)
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

What football matches?

Just checked and am guessing Senegal vs Uruguay and GB vs UAE. Uruguay are excellent; play varied formations, last game was a 3-4-1-2. However they line up they have the best strike partnership in the tournament in Cavani #7 the big athletic pure striker and #9 Suarez the speedy trickster who can create. Also the young attacking midfielder ("enganche" or hook) #10 Ramirez is very promising, and the big but elegant #4 Coates, a throwback to the great sweepers of old.

Last edited by Beebs; 07-27-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

You have the right ones. I'm excited.
Unread 07-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Jet-lag continues to fuck me up. After hitting the booze early today, I crashed not too long after the horrid GBR football match and woke up at 3 am, unable to get back to sleep.

Friday - Headed to Olympic Village to take in the sites and then back to the flat for the opening ceremonies gathering.

Saturday - Millenium Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, and maybe an art museum in the am. We Will Rock You Musical in afternoon, undetermined evening (hoping to get to see an olympic event but have no tickets and not sure how easy they will be to come by)

Sunday - Double-Header Football Match with Kremlin and his lads. Thank you Kremlin. :-)
Which lads?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hint: one is three feet tall and looks like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote