Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > Shit Talking Central

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah seriously, wtf. I've had a full time job for a few years now and pay my taxes just like everyone else. And Mistoffelees hit the nail on the head: it's easy to be for less taxes when you're still living a cush life on your parents dime.

I'm not for over taxation of any kind. I think some are really important, but of course too many are bad, and of course the incentive should always be for people to work and not leech off the system.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

In related news, the cuts to NASA lately have been fucking depressing as fuck. If you don't support NASA or aren't angry with the cuts recently, you are a fucking retard living in a fantasy world.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

It's easier to be for less taxes when you aren't paying taxes than it is when you are? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm against taxes because any type of institution that benefits from all your upside but absorbs none of your downside is bullshit. I don't have to pay taxes or be poor to know bullshit when I see it.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

I think the main point here DH is that if you want to be taken seriously, you need to get a job.
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Almost there...

Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Unread 07-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #31 (permalink)

Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

You don't even pay sales tax in America Blonde, stfu.
Unread 07-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Spice Master

And yet, despite having only a 6 month age gap, I have worked some form of a job since I was 16, therefore still have contributed more taxes to the US government than you, despite being out of country for 2 and a half years. I shall continue to speak!
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I'm against taxes because any type of institution that benefits from all your upside but absorbs none of your downside is bullshit. I don't have to pay taxes or be poor to know bullshit when I see it.
Absorbs none of your downsides? Like your house catching on fire? Crime? Roads going to shit? DO YOU LIKE FUCKING ROADS? How about absorbing the brunt of any foreign nation's aggression? Does that count as a downside? How about when you are old and worthless and contribute nothing to society but your ill health and your fond memories of when the country "used to be" a better place? Is that fucking downside?

Yeah, that tax money is just absorbing all your upsides and none of your downsides ... lets not talk about creating jobs, for example: accountants.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
Yeah seriously, wtf. I've had a full time job for a few years now and pay my taxes just like everyone else.
Do you pay significantly more than 50% in taxes like I do?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

DH is kind of right here though:

The most you can get out of the government on the downside is a very minimal and miserable living. But on the upside they take from you a massive chunk of your wealth.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #36 (permalink)
MURICAN

Also: DD please don't argue that when the government taxes us that 100% of that tax money is effeciently used. Please don't try to argue that there isn't government waste and inefficiency. In reality there's probably more waste and inefficiency than value put back into socienty.

Unread 07-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #37 (permalink)
Spice Master

I don't think anybody is going to argue that the government isn't inefficient. The question is, how to make it not be. Even with a smaller government, it will still be inefficient, no?
Unread 07-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
MURICAN

Of course!

What I'm saying is this: when it comes to government you always get less than you pay for.

Unread 07-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
Spice Master

So what do you have to say to the fact that Reagan raised taxes and left a deficit?
Unread 07-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

AP - you're dead wrong on everything you've said about my personal finances outside of the currently "unemployed" comment. That doesn't mean I'm still not generated a revenue through multiple other sources. This thread is a rarity in which I see you making bigoted comments.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Absorbs none of your downsides? Like your house catching on fire? Crime? Roads going to shit? DO YOU LIKE FUCKING ROADS? How about absorbing the brunt of any foreign nation's aggression? Does that count as a downside? How about when you are old and worthless and contribute nothing to society but your ill health and your fond memories of when the country "used to be" a better place? Is that fucking downside?

Yeah, that tax money is just absorbing all your upsides and none of your downsides ... lets not talk about creating jobs, for example: accountants.

When I'm refering to upside and downside, I'm talking about when you're making money and when you're losing money. I look at this from the standpoint of a business owner. When you lose money, the most you can do is a loss carryback for two years. You can do a loss carry forward, but that's only going to help if you start making money again. I guess, if you're paying the AMT, that you can do a NOL deduction. This is very little downside absorption.

As far as your talk of job creation goes, give me a fucking break. The government creates regulation which costs businesses billions of dollars. Oh, but yes, they must hire more people to follow these regulations.

I like how you assume that I will ever receive medicare or social security when I'm older. Fat chance that'll happen.

Last edited by Saint DH; 07-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Unread 07-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

To further my stance that, I'm "unemployed" and could file for unemployment benefits, but I do not believe it is the governments role to play Robin Hood and will not apply for it.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
So what do you have to say to the fact that Reagan raised taxes and left a deficit?
Tax as a percent of GDP decreased under Reagan, not increased.

Unread 07-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #44 (permalink)

He was also promised by the Democratic congress that if he raised taxes, they would cut spending. He raised corporate taxes, but the democrats reneged.
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
this thread is a rarity in which I see you making bigoted comments.
And this is where you're dead wrong. I make bigoted comments all the time. It's who I am and what I do. . . . This is the shit talking forum after all.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Spice Master

I was a bit surprised at that comment, AP hates on black people an Koreans all the time. F3lix got off easy.
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

And poor people because they smell like piss. And mexicans too. Goddamned Turks of north America.
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
Almost there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Do you pay significantly more than 50% in taxes like I do?
No, of course not - I don't make nearly as much as you do.
Unread 07-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Or live in a place with a 50%+ tax bracket.
Unread 07-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #50 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Also: DD please don't argue that when the government taxes us that 100% of that tax money is effeciently used. Please don't try to argue that there isn't government waste and inefficiency. In reality there's probably more waste and inefficiency than value put back into socienty.
This is a great notion that we could privatize everything with better results. In theory private business always outperforms government but in actuality you are going to get some coverage gaps.

Example: Roads. You are a businessman, are you going to pay for the roads that connect my residence to your business so that I can make it to you? How about from other people's houses? Which group of businesses are going to band together to create bridges and highways? These are capital intensive projects that can easily argued were done far over an efficient cost but have benefited this country and vicariously the ADVANCEMENT OF THE ENTIRE WORLD ECONOMY.

Nobody can argue that the government efficiently uses our money, but to act like the benefits of your taxation don't far outweigh the costs is a bit of a stretch.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote