Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Default 2007 Nubblies.net Fantasy Football Thread

Okay since we lost the original thread, here is the replacement. The ten members are:

Orgazmo
Ugly Bastard
The Sexy Gun
Exitonly
djhurdle
mcneany3
BDH
Shaw
f3lix (2006 Champion)
George W. Bush
ID

We have a $1,000 prize pool that will be divided as such (correct me if I'm wrong):

$350 - 1st Place Finisher
$250 - Highest Regular Season Points Earner
$250 - 2nd Place Finisher
$150 - 3rd Place Finisher

Our draft is being held on Saturday August 4th at 4:00 pm ET. At Orgazmo's apartment in Carmel, Indiana, many of us are gathering for the draft and beers, all are welcome.

-----------------------------------

I will reiterate my personal offer to have a bet with anyone that I will finish in a higher placement than they will (playoff results determining final league standings). The bet can be anything from $100 up to $1,000.

Last edited by Ugly Bastard; 07-23-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm... shit we have a big problem. When making that list I realized I left ID out, who has paid, but for some reason hasn't actually registered for the league. This means we have 11 members as of right now (only 9 have officially paid, still waiting on BDH and GW's payment). I'm not sure what happened here or how count was lost, but we need a solution here, quick. I would much prefer this league be capped at ten players.
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Well there really aren't a lot of options. Obviously, we can't kick a person out that has registered. Unless there is a member who is willing to withdraw, I think we should try to recruit another so we can have a 12 person league.

If this isn't possible, then the 12th will probably have to be a dead team which is used to draft nobodies. That options sucks.
Orgazmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm going to prod my friend Ray to see how seriously he's going to take this league. I'd say there's a fair chance that he'll reply something like "I'm not really going to give two shits about it." Inwhichcase I'll just refund him his $100 and say sorry. I doubt he'll care. However, there's a very legitimate chance that he'll indicate an active desire to participate, and if that's the case, I'm not going to consider bumping him out.

I'll get back to you on this later tonight. If we need a 12th, I probably know someone who'd be in.
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo will not allow you to draft unless there an even number of players for your league.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Yahoo will not allow you to draft unless there an even number of players for your league.
This fucked us in both of the first two seasons.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
When making that list I realized I left ID out, who has paid, but for some reason hasn't actually registered for the league.
The reason is that I couldn't remember the name I was going to name my team and have been trying to remember it before I registered. The story goes like this.

One night I was trying to get to sleep in my bed, I had to get up early in the morning for work. My mind was turning, thinking things that a great mind usually thinks when it is idle, when suddenly I thought of the most incredibly witty (and probably gay sounding) name for my fantasy football team. I was periodically chuckling, admiring how clever I was, and touching myself as I fell fast asleep in peace at last.

The next morning I woke up well rested and cheerfully got up to my alarm clock and went to brush my teeth, happy as a lark. Then I pondered I was so cheery this morning. Suddenly, I spit out all the toothpaste and foam out of my mouth in shock. It splattered across the mirror. I had forgotten what I had planned to name my fantasy team! The horror!

So yah, thats why I haven't registered yet. And you need to resend me the league information because it was lost along with everything else in the last 5 months.

P.S. tell Ray to go fuck himself the whole point of this year was to have no dead teams

#YOLO

Last edited by THEINCREDIBLEdork; 07-23-2007 at 07:46 PM.
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

A dead team (that's paid for) in a money league isn't the worst thing.

We having conflicting payouts. Gaz's post lists 4/2/2/1. We need to agree on one.
Unread 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

My post actually had 4/3/2/1. Scrap that, this one is better. Not that it matters if we have 11/12 anyway.

The payout in this thread is official.
Unread 07-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Any update on this front?
Unread 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

I fucked your mother?

#YOLO
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ray's been in transit from Vegas back to New Jersey. Gimme till tomorrow night.
Unread 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

Okay Ray's going to be an active member. Now we have a spot open for an extra manager. I know a guy that might be interested, I'm going to see him tomorrow night and will ask him. In the meantime, if anyone else wants the spot or knows someone that will almost positively want the spot, speak quickly.
Unread 07-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Alright, we have 12. My friend Ira is going to play. He's a good guy who'll be pretty competitive about this if I had to guess.

Since our prizepool is now $1,200, what do you guys think of this as our payout scheme?

1st - 450
Regular Season Points Earner - 350
2nd - 250
3rd - 150
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Oh, also, ID, you still need to register.
Unread 07-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

payouts look good.
Unread 07-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Just my opinion... I think third should just get their money back. With the payouts you are proposing, you are saying the the guy that wins the league, could virtually just win 450....with a 1200 dollar prize pool. You dont even win half of the pool if you WIN THE LEAGUE??? Up to you guys I guess, but If I win a league, I want some solid cash when I'm asked to shell out 1 bone.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

The payout actually benefits you Shaw, because I'll be taking first place and wish for the rest of you to still have some money for next year when I win again.

Also, if you truly are the best manager, you'll win the regular season AND the championship for $800. Wow, I just realized I'll be winning $800 in 6 months! Neat!
Unread 07-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

It should be noted that the cash for regular season performance is stated as going to the "Regular Season Points Earner" (highest total points at end of regular season), and not the regular season "winner" (Highest seed in the playoffs). Just making sure we're all on the same page there.
Unread 07-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Of course.
Unread 07-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

I see your point, Shaw, but I have to agree with f3lix that having the chance to win 2/3rds of the prize pool is enough of a reason not to beef up the first place payout. I like the gamble attitude though.
Unread 07-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo View Post
It should be noted that the cash for regular season performance is stated as going to the "Regular Season Points Earner" (highest total points at end of regular season), and not the regular season "winner" (Highest seed in the playoffs). Just making sure we're all on the same page there.
Interesting...

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

more like:

Obviously...

#YOLO
Unread 07-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Two matters of business:

I still haven't received a check from you, GWB.

ID still hasn't registered for the league. If this doesn't get done soon, Yahoo might postpone our live draft.
Unread 07-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

God damnit, ID. Stop being a twat.