Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2009, 02:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Default NBA Playoffs

Wow it toke way to long, but apparently UB doesn't have enough cash involvoed.

I actually got a chat after tonights game with Stephan A Smith. I hate him more the I hate Onions, but he responded to about 5 of my 8 post regarding tonights game. His last response was, " Jerad, I agree with you, and that is sincere." I could careless if he meant that, but there was only one other person to confront me after that comment. Blonde, UB. BDH, check out my facebook. One guy has come about after that convo talking about the NBA. I love it. Could I have gotten to Stephan A Smith,? I doubt it, but I did a damn good job in tryin....

ps. I'm fucking hammered, but SAS chat and him responding 4 times to my responses is enough for me!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Why I posted that and toke away from the NBA playoffs is beyond me. I really think this Darky is 30/70 SAS..... We shall see when it's all over.

Unread 05-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

(FWIW, I've had a lot of money on the NBA playoffs so far; currently fading Lakers and Cavs in their respective series). So what's your take on things and how do you correspond with SAS?
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

SAS and I were actually on the same page for the first time ever. I hoped onto his chat after the game, and we were pretty much head on with our thoughts. I even got him to hop off Kobe's jock strap for about 3 minutes. I was doing work!

The Cavs has to get someone to step up. Van Gundy has said let Lebron get his, but hold off Z and the rest of the cast. I think that will be a very long series, because Lebron will win a game or 2 by himself. I think the Cavs will still win in 6.

I think the Lakers are in trouble. Heading back to Denver and in reality they should be down 0-2. The only thing the Lakers have is every official in their pocket. Last night, they way they called the game early was a complete joke. The refs laid off of the whistle towards the end of the 1st half and the entire 2nd. That helps out Denver when they can beat on Kobe, Gasol and Odum. The Lakers are so damn soft it's unbearable.

Unread 05-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

I think if the Nuggets get past L.A. they win it all. Otherwise I think the Cavs will beat L.A.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

The Nuggets have been a big surprise. Major props to Billups. I think they have a much better shot at upsetting LA than Orland does at upsetting the Cavs. But I think it's Lebron's time. Kobe is at the end of his peak and Lebron is just beginning his.

LA or Denver, I think the Cavs take it in 7.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Almost there...

Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Well, so much for that theory.
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
SAS and I were actually on the same page for the first time ever. I hoped onto his chat after the game, and we were pretty much head on with our thoughts. I even got him to hop off Kobe's jock strap for about 3 minutes. I was doing work!

The Cavs has to get someone to step up. Van Gundy has said let Lebron get his, but hold off Z and the rest of the cast. I think that will be a very long series, because Lebron will win a game or 2 by himself. I think the Cavs will still win in 6.

I think the Lakers are in trouble. Heading back to Denver and in reality they should be down 0-2. The only thing the Lakers have is every official in their pocket. Last night, they way they called the game early was a complete joke. The refs laid off of the whistle towards the end of the 1st half and the entire 2nd. That helps out Denver when they can beat on Kobe, Gasol and Odum. The Lakers are so damn soft it's unbearable.

Yeah, still trying to remove foot from mouth!!! I'll still take Magic in 6 because of Stan the Man.

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following the playoffs as good as a britfag that only knows 20 or so players, and thats by name and little else.
A question
Basketball is a team sport, right? then why do lebron and kobe get so much attention, are they really that good? all the commentary is about how many players you have guarding kobe.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Kobe shoots too much and has never won a title without Shaq.

LeBron averges 30 points per game, coupled with about 8 assists and 8 rebounds a game. LeBron is by far the best player in the league but has never had help on his team.

Dwight Howard is a beast and is only 23 years old
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Almost there...

Dent,

Basketball is a team game but might be alone in that it is a sport where a single talent can absolutely dominate the game. But no matter how dominant a player is he needs help. Shaq had Kobe, Jordan had Pippen, etc...
Unread 06-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

And Lebron has Big Z. Seems pretty even up to me!

Unread 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take the Lakers in 5.

Hindsight and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

After watching the series (first series i've watched ever, been to a few local games though)
Holy shit Kobe made me smile, there really doesn't seem to be a way to stop him when he can wriggle through the defense and shoot 3's with the accuracy he does, maybe it was just poor defense, I dunno.
Turkoglu seemed good too, seemed to penetrate (I don't know bball lingo) and get a fair few points.
Still not sure what I think about a game where one player, and there's like 5? of them can dominate so much, basketball really seems like the type of sport where attack is the best defense, I know Orlando would probably have done better if they defended more and countered with 3's and such or something, and that defense is important but nothing like as much as other sports (football, rugby)
I don't know.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
After watching the series (first series i've watched ever, been to a few local games though)
Holy shit Kobe made me smile, there really doesn't seem to be a way to stop him when he can wriggle through the defense and shoot 3's with the accuracy he does, maybe it was just poor defense, I dunno.
Turkoglu seemed good too, seemed to penetrate (I don't know bball lingo) and get a fair few points.
Still not sure what I think about a game where one player, and there's like 5? of them can dominate so much, basketball really seems like the type of sport where attack is the best defense, I know Orlando would probably have done better if they defended more and countered with 3's and such or something, and that defense is important but nothing like as much as other sports (football, rugby)
I don't know.
A+ Would read again.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
I don't know.

Totally on point with the talk of defense. Back when the NBA was at it's best, the Detroit Pistons were all about rough and tough defense. You won't see that again as a good defensive player doesn't make the highlights on Sportscenter.

The downfall to Orlando is actually that they take to many 3's and can't counter with getting the ball to Howard in the post and have him produce. He is their best player, but isn't a consistant scorer in the paint. With him being only 23, he has plenty of time to improve his interior offensive game, plus he is a very hard worker. They are going to lose Turkalu and Alston to other teams, so that will really hurt their team as a whole.

Unread 06-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Howard has to develop a baby hook and face up jumper. Even Shaq who is/was much bigger than Howard had a baby hook to go too. Shaq is also 5x the passer out of the post, if Howard could develop these things it would make Orlando much better.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Orlando has said they will play luxuary tax and sign Turkalou this summer. They should be a force next year once again if Howard improves!

Unread 06-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

WOW. Shaq to Cleveland. Pavlavic and Wallace move to PHX. I'm going out on a limb here and say that Cleveland get the better of this deal. Wallace has already talked about retirement. Shaq could win 3 championships with Kobe, Dwade, and Lebron now. I'm sorry, but when you look at it, he has to be in consideration for the best center of all time.

Edit: If he can help Lebron enough to win a championship. I also just heard that they feel they will just buy out Pavlaic and are looking to trade Stoudamire. Apparently, PHX is blowing things up.

Last edited by Cocktooth; 06-24-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Shaq was killing Phx in cap room. This was a move to free up the cap and the Cavs were got the mega bargain in this deal. Ben Wallace played 13 minutes per game, Pavlovic was their 12th man, and the Cavs traded a 2nd round pick who would never see a minute on the court. HUGE trade for the Cavs.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

This...this I'm looking forward to watching.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote