Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
Default Hughes vs Almeida vid from 117

Matt Hughes vs Ricardo Almeida Video - Fights MMA Video Details
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

What was good about that? They danced for 3 minutes and I'm not even sure how the guy got hit, but it all looked boring to me.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

F3lix seems like the sort of person who doesn't have many friends because people would rather not be around him anymore then they need to.

As for the fight. Hughes stand up looks awkward as shit, and he's been training it for a long fucking time. I don't know how he can still look so amateurish. Cool finish though, all the BJJ'ers on the boards have been like "wut?" It's called a Shults headlock and I've never seen it taught at a Jiu-jitsu gym.

EDIT: Wrestling is the shit and it's the best!!11111

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

I wrestled in HS and college and do JJ now, prefer JJ by a huge margin. Both as a competitor and as a fan. To be honest, if I don't know the people competing, I think wrestling is actually pretty boring to watch.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Wrestling isn't as exciting as guys that just go in there and throw hands, but wrestling wins fights!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Wrestling isn't as exciting as guys that just go in there and throw hands, but wrestling wins fights!
So do guns.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaga1220 View Post
F3lix seems like the sort of person who doesn't have many friends because people would rather not be around him anymore then they need to.

As for the fight. Hughes stand up looks awkward as shit, and he's been training it for a long fucking time. I don't know how he can still look so amateurish. Cool finish though, all the BJJ'ers on the boards have been like "wut?" It's called a Shults headlock and I've never seen it taught at a Jiu-jitsu gym.

EDIT: Wrestling is the shit and it's the best!!11111
Fadzaev choking a guy out in a world championship with the exact move Hughes used. About 25 seconds in

Unread 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poor Sport

As for the Wrestling vs BJJ issue, it's really very small differences with guys like Hughes and say Arona; one started with wrestling, one with BJJ, but look similar on the mat. Hell, Hughes beat Almeida at ADCC in 2000, and his favorite training partner is Jeremy Horn, pioneer of the more Americanized style of BJJ in MMA (if that makes sense).

Hughes is a bit like the American Sakuraba though, taking down the Renzo gang with moves more based in wrestling.

I don't think there is any real dislike or disrespect either personally or regarding training style between Hughes and Renzo and company.
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
What was good about that? They danced for 3 minutes and I'm not even sure how the guy got hit, but it all looked boring to me.
Mostly the novelty of it, that was just one of about 5 punches Hughes has ever landed flush on the feet, the guys striking for a dominant champion is just confusingly bad.

Also you just don't see that choke very often, if ever, so again, the novelty. The "holy shit, did he just do that to a top tier BJJ guy?" factor.

Then there is the backstory; Hughes is the great champ at the end of his career, got embarassed by GSP and Alves, but still good enough to school lesser fighters; beat the hell out of Royce Gracie (Renzo's cousin), marginally beat Matt Serra (Renzo Gracie's top student), beat the hell out of Renzo, then not only beat but choked out Almeida (Renzo's other top student).

Like anything, it's much more interesting if you are invested in terms of emotion or money.
Unread 08-10-2010, 02:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Ty Beebs. That helped. Didn't know the rarity of that choke.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

No one in england wrestled in high school, I love it, really looking forward to scoring some takedowns at my first british JJ tourney.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
Fadzaev choking a guy out in a world championship with the exact move Hughes used. About 25 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21PxT_TZqo
I could watch those two guys go at it all day long.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know where else to put this. Pretty cool:

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Benny is legit.