Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions
Default Sick Highlight Clips

For this thread, I present a double dose of sick ball-fakes by UNLV's Carlos Lopez.

Top 5: UNLV Basketball 2011 - YouTube
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Sick video. Here's another one that is about the same level of sickness:

Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pissed at you right now.
Unread 09-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Sergio Busquets in the Champions League final, the biggest game in club soccer, against Manchester United, putting in a nearly perfect display of how to be a holding midfielder.

Busquets has, in 3 years gone from youth player to absolutely vital player for Barcelona and Spain, winning 3 Spanish Leagues, 2 Champions Leagues, and a World Cup.

He is the least acclaimed of the Barca midfielders, although he is finally getting the respect he deserves in some circles, but he is just as important in my view. He usually has the second most passes after Xavi, who may be the best passer ever, he breaks up opposition attacks, he can fill in as a defender, either at the start of the game as a center back in a back 4 or any of the positions in a back 3, or drop into the back line during the game to switch from a back 4 to a back 3. Also he is one of the 3 players for Barca that are genuine threats in the air on corner kicks and other set pieces.

This season Barcelona have revolutionized the entire idea of a defense; partly through injury and partly through innovation. Often times Barca will play with no recognized center backs at all, instead starting midfielders there, realizing that since they will have the ball most of the game, it is more important for their defenders to be good passers than just destroyers. The key man in all of this is Busquets.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

A championship saving interception. The defender comes from 5 yards behind when the ball is thrown to steal the ball away. This was #1 vs. #2 and the game ended 9-6 for LSU (the team getting the pick.)
Unread 11-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Stunning highlights over how Obama got the presidency.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
MURICAN

This is the most amazing goal I've witnessed live and I can tell you a little about it:

Arsenal is the most hatted rival of Tottenham. I mean they really hate each other. Think Red Sox vs. Yankees but even worse as they are both in North London.

Tottenham had been rising to power 2 seasons ago and a victory against Arsenal would help them into a Champions League spot. But traditionally Arsenal is a better squad and Tottenham hadn't beaten Arsenal in something like 15 meetings.

Danny Rose was making his debut, this goal was (I believe) the first time he TOUCHED the ball in a Premier League game. His first touch defeated Arsenal and put Tottenham into the Champions League. And it's a fucking nasty first touch:

Unread 11-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

What is it about soccer fans and their need to post highlight clips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

I think it's funny that their games are called meetings.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute

Usually called matches.

It was his first touch; I think he is going to be played more as a fullback than a winger as he gets older. I'm kind of torn on agreeing that it is like the Yankees - Red Sox; on one hand the level of hate is similar in absolute terms, but not as big in relative terms, ie in London, Millwall - West Ham is more violently hateful, whereas Yankees - Sox is definitely baseballs #1.
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Poor Sport

In honor of Joe Frazier, who is about to die of Liver Cancer.

He beat Ali in the most important of their fights; both were undefeated, both had legitimate claims to being champ, both were in the prime of their careers.

Almost certainly the best left hook in history.
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

I would have thought lung cancer.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Both of those clips were awesome, FC.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
Both of those clips were awesome, FC.
Agreed.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Two different types of Wingers, usually deployed as wide midfielders, Bale in a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 and Robben in a 4-2-3-1 although occasionally plays more of a forward in a 4-3-3, which isn't really the type of "winger" I am talking about here.

The first: Gareth Bale. Plays for Wales and Tottenham (FC's) team

A traditional winger in that he is left footed and plays on the left side (usually), he is incredibly fast, a good dribbler, very very direct in his approach. He usually stays out wide on the touchline looking to beat his opposing player (the opponents fullback) to the outside, and either hit in a cross that curves away from the keeper or run at a comparatively narrow angle at the goal for a shot.

Second: Arjen Robben, the inverted winger. Plays for Holland and Bayern Munich

He is left footed but plays on the right side. He is also fast (not quite as much as Bale), a trickier dribbler, and a little more complete player in terms of passing during the build up. He basically has his own special move; he will cut inside to his left foot, run inside of his fullback, and look to shoot at goal. The fact that Robben does this pretty much every time yet is still possibly the best pure winger in the world is due to both his skill in doing it and that while the opponent knows its coming, not knowing when he will make the cut makes it hard to stop. When he doesn't shoot, he looks to send in a cross that curves towards the goal, this can be more dangerous as it only needs a slight redirection to go in, or can go in on its own, but it takes more time to set up. Robben is willing to go all the way to the byline (end of the field) before making his move, plus he does still have the ability to use his right foot to play in a more orthodox cross.

Overall I don't think one style is inherently better than the other, really any winger should be able to play both sides, which these two can, they just specialize in one. As a coach I don't often use wide midfielders often, but as a general rule the further back in the formation a wide player is the more I would prefer them to be orthodox; if I am using a 3-5-2, the wide players in the 5 would almost certainly be on their orthodox side, whereas if I am playing a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 the front 3 should be changing positions a lot, but will usually start on their inverted side.
Unread 11-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Poor Sport

My favorite Judo throw, Ouchi gari
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

I think tons of people that have never taken Judo in their lives, have attempted that same move while wrestling around. It seems like a pretty natural movement. I like it.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

I can't do it. I can't angle my knee outwardly like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Poor Sport

The Meanest Man in College Football: Vontaze Burfict - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Unread 11-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

He looks like the Troy Polamalu of linebackers
Unread 11-17-2011, 02:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
Poor Sport

The best passer of the ball ever, on the biggest stage, twice.

Unread 11-17-2011, 03:17 AM   #25 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

That Vontaze Burfict highlight clip was the shit.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote