Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
Default The Penn State situation

For those of you who don't watch or read the news, basically the Defensive Coordinator / Heir Apparent head coach at Penn State just loved to rape little boys.

One time, in 19motherfucking98, a Graduate Assistant saw him in the shower molesting a 10 year old boy, as in he physically saw it, across the room. He decided the appropriate action was to call his father, wait till tomorrow, then tell Joe Paterno, who then told the AD, who then told his boss, and so on and so on. The rapist "quit" at the end of the year (he was also running a football camp for disadvantaged kids, or as he thinks of it, easy pussy), and that was that.

Now first of all, what kind of human being sees a kid getting fucked in a shower and not only doesn't call the cops immediately, but doesn't physically fucking stop it, possibly beating the kiddie rapist to death? Then everybody, absolutely everybody, at Penn State: what the fuck is wrong with you? Call the fucking police, the real ones, since the Penn State cops were apparently aware of it to some degree and did nothing.

Telling your boss is not remotely close to good enough, hell calling the real cops is the bare minimum; beat the shit out of this guy on site, hell, at least sit him down and tell him that he just raped a child.

I love Joe Pa as a coach, but this is just inexcusable on every level, there is no defense imaginable if he knew what he seems to have known.

Especially after coaching a kids team, and knowing that kids are vulnerable to people in positions of power, and a DC at a football school has huge power, this story has just physically made me ill.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah sad, sad situation. And I agree with what Beebs said, except for the graduate assistant saw it in 2002. The Findings of Fact from the grand jury indicate that the 1998 incident was reported to the police and child protective service and they did nothing.

I particularly agree with Mr. Beebs that McQueery or whomever should have physically stopped it. Which makes me just a slight bit suspicious that maybe it wasn't Butch walking into a seen where Marcellus Wallace is getting fucked in the ass by the Zed while the gimp watches. It just doesn't make sense for anyone to stick their neck on the line and cover up for somebody who isn't even part of the program anymore. Paterno, Curley, Shultz, what do they have to gain for not throwing Sandusky to wolves? Nothing? There's no reason to protect Sandusky. They sure as fuck aren't doing it now.

I kind of think this all kind of falls on what did McQueery see and what did he report. If he just saw an old naked dude in the shower with a kid, I could see him just reporting it to his superiors. If he saw ass rape of a child and did nothing to stop it, he needs his teeth kicked in. It might be a while before anyone knows what McQueery actually saw and reported. I wouldn't be surprised if he denies actually seeing ass rape. I will be surprised if he admits to witnessing this and doing nothing but telling Paterno the next day.

There's a slight smell of Duke lacrosse to this on the administration part. Granted that smell is absent in regard to Sandusky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute

That is a good point, I guess I was wrapped up in the emotion of it.

I do think they stood to gain by keeping it out of the news, at least somewhat. The thinking on college towns with big athletic programs is so isolated it becomes a parallel universe.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
this story has just physically made me ill.
Same here. Spent a couple hours reading about it today and have felt sick ever since. A bunch of weak men running that program. They stood to gain a lot by sweeping it under the rug. Wanted to keep their little golden goose laying eggs and allowed an injustice to slip by beneath their noses. Have zero qualms seeing Paterno's legacy go down in flames over this.

Some good articles on the situation:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ry_sandus.html
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ing-penn-state
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, calling it now: Sandusky offs himself before spending a day behind bars. He's free on bail (WTF?!?!?) right now. Not sure how any man's defense mechanisms or will could prevent him from suicide in this situation.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305563
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Also guessing there are a shitload of others that will come forward between now and when he would go to trial, thus fueling his suicide potential.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
BTW, calling it now: Sandusky offs himself before spending a day behind bars. He's free on bail (WTF?!?!?) right now. Not sure how any man's defense mechanisms or will could prevent him from suicide in this situation.
You're assuming some level of basic humanity. He raped children.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Also interesting to think that Penn State is known as "Linebacker U", and Sandusky was very much the guy producing those linebackers.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

I massaged myself while reading this thread.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Lucky little kid is fortunate enough to have someone help him get his rocks off in the shower and everybody flips their shit.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

AP and Paterno.

Awesome weekend of debauchery and depravity. Best buttsex I ever had was that weekend.

Quote:

Last edited by angry pancake; 11-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Just realized the original graduate assistant was 28 and a former football player, not some teenage rube, that is a full grown fucking man and he should seriously examine his scrotum.

You don't even have to be a vigilante fantasy, you just have to say "stop fucking that kid", that is usually enough to stop somebody from fucking a kid.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Oddly enough he seems to be avoiding scrutiny at this point. But my guess is his coaching career is essentially over.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Poor Sport

You would have to think so, but as of now he is going to be coaching saturday
Old 11-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

You guys need to read the 23 page grand jury report. McQueery testified to a grand jury that he clearly saw Sandusky having anal intercourse with a boy estimated to be 10 years old. How do you see that and have the first thought be "I should call my dad".

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Yeah; and JoePa claims he was "shocked" at the news in 2002, when in 1998 the Penn State cops questioned Sandusky and made him promise not to shower with any more 10 year olds. The then coach-in-waiting and top D coordinator in the country retired at 55 in 1999, I suppose that is all coincidence and Joe couldn't have possibly known that his second in command was raping boys, and was let go as a result.

AP:
Wouldn't at least some of these people count as "Mandatory Reporters" the same way a hospital worker, teacher, social worker would? Wouldn't they be required by law to report any suspicion of abuse? What would the penalty be for breaking that law be in a similar case?

Personally if JoePa spent a few years in jail, I wouldn't complain.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Here's the problem. I suspect they have a weak case against Sandusky. The more this goes on, the more I think that. The prosecution has already tried this case in public and they usually don't do that without a good reason. I suspect they've had trouble getting witnesses. Stranger things have happened on the way from the grand jury to the empaneled jury. If Sandusky walks, it's a big problem for the University. Not predicting it, but there's way too much that just smells wrong.

I think I'd be more upset at Paterno if McQueary came hauling ass to find him right after it happened and he didn't react. But It seems as though McQueary didn't stop a child rape in progress, didn't call the police, didn't even tell Paterno until the next fucking day. McQueary puzzles me. If it turns out McQueary is the one with a bad memory or exaggerated a bit, this whole thing unravels. It seems odd that nobody recalls hearing him say this until he says this in 2011 to a grand jury. And folks, don't get too worked up about anything a grand jury does it's just something to determine if they're going to bring an indictment or not.

What also troubles me is that Sandusky was there last week. If they really think he's going around diddling kids, he's a huge liability. You don't let him around. I'm having trouble thinking there's any cover up. So far it appears that people just did nothing. A few folks went and interviewed McQueary and seemed to think it was no big deal. A cover up would easily be done. You get rid of Sandusky, move him to the country and he becomes a recluse and you start paying victims and getting confidentiality settlement agreements. The National Restaurant Association covered up for Herman Cain by getting those confidentiality agreements. They did a pisspoor job by thinking this wouldn't come up later if he ran for fucking president. No, they needed to reign him in. I really don't know what Penn State had to gain by keeping a guy around who was this huge of a liability. It seems that if anyone is really so obsessed with their football program they have this guy vanish.

Matt Millen. Loved his interview. He's another guy always around the campus too. On the board of the Second Mile to boot. How the fuck does he not know anything if everybody knows about it. It's peculiar that in 40 years the only person who sees anything is Mike McQueary and he does fucking nothing except tell the coach the next day? Didn't stop it, didn't call the police, didn't report it immediately. Nobody else has ever seen anything except I've something about a janitor somewhere saw something, but that appears to be a phantom janitor.

I really don't know what Paterno should have done. Looking back, if a kid is getting raped and McQueary is jumping up and down screaming "Sandusky is raping a little boy in the shower! Sandusky is raping a little boy in the shower!" to Paterno, then yeah he fucked up big time. If it's "hey yesterday, I saw Sandusky and a kid yesterday and it freaked me out." I kinda think we draw a different conclusion. All we have is a grand jury report. Really, it took them how long to investigate this and they didn't lock Sandusky up? Fuck he's out on bond right now.

Paterno isn't going to jail. He's not charge with anything. In fact, the two guys charged, Curley and Shultz, seem to be saying the same thing Paterno says: "McQueary didn't put it in those terms when we talked to him." Paterno did report it, he's not accused of doing it or even witnessing it, so it's not as if he's really covering for Sandusky. It would be very different if he witnessed it and did nothing. But that's not what appears to have happened. It could be that Sandusky his this shit very, very well. And how he never got caught until he's damn near 60 years old is a mystery to me. Jesus Christ, I'd feel better if LaVar Arrington came out and said, "yeah I always thought that homo was hanging around little boys was weird." In 40 years, nobody, who can be identified by name, ever saw anything except McQueary who I think it's being insinuated that what he said in 2011 was different from 2002.

Short answer to the question. Yeah, I think you're correct. However, what's not clear is what's the suspicion? A teacher, hospital worker, etc. is in a different position because you can identify the victim in these instances. You can't do that in this case without the abused. The investigation is essentially "Mike says he saw you ass fucking a little kid a few days ago." "Well, Mike is wrong." With the state employers you start getting into tricky issues about reporting things and process does become more important. I really don't know the specifics about that, especially in Pennsylvania, I'll surely defer to Stab on that one as I think I heard he went to Law School in PA.

Interestingly though, I think Penn State might have opened themselves up to whistle blower liability for firing people who did report it internally.

Just too many pieces are out of place and too much just doesn't make sense on this prosecution. Granted a flag always goes up when to me when the prosecution starts talking to the media and releases info that isn't just handed out with a freedom of info act request. I take it to mean that they need people to come forward. There's a long list of those who weren't convicted after the press conferences died down. Kobe and the Duke lacrosse players didn't even go to trial. I do think Curly and Shultz get off scott free if nothing else comes out about them. They're charged with perjury and obstruction (I think).

Lawyer hat off.

That said and all, if it's true and as bad as it has been made out to be in a worst case situation, I wouldn't feel a damn bit of sympathy for any of those who contributed to it.

tl;dr

AP doesn't know shit and neither does anyone else. But thinks too many things are odd about the way this is proceeding.

Quote:

Last edited by angry pancake; 11-10-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Poor Sport

The thing that makes me think Joe knew is the resignation of Sandusky in the prime of his coaching career after the 1998 incident.

I think the case highlights the problem that can develop with a Campus Police Department, that they think they serve the university as an institution rather than serve the people and have the university as their jurisdiction.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
The thing that makes me think Joe knew is the resignation of Sandusky in the prime of his coaching career after the 1998 incident.

I think the case highlights the problem that can develop with a Campus Police Department, that they think they serve the university as an institution rather than serve the people and have the university as their jurisdiction.
I kind of struggle with the 1998 situation. Looking back now it's "how in the fuck did they screw that up." The retirement of Sandusky came after he was cleared of wrong doing by every goddamned body including Child Protective Services, law enforcement, and the kid's parents.

On one hand I think that if they'd effectively can his ass at the height of his career for something he's cleared on, then they'd come down heavier on something more serious. On the other hand, it seems hard to be surprised there's fire when smoke has been around.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Long Live Dixie

Internets: 35125
j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to j money

The World Joe Paterno Made | The Nation

Decent Article.
I agree. Fire Everyone and Shut their Shit down for at least a season.
j money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

Liked the article.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Tonight, South Park raped Penn State worse than Penn State employees raped any child.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Anybody see Sandusky's interview with Bob Costas? Fucking creepo.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 AM   #25 (permalink)

Big time creepo. Who repeats the question and pauses two seconds after being asked "Are you sexually attracted to little boys?"