Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 BCS Championship

Who's going to win?

I'll be rooting for Notre Dame.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Shit heap
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Shit heap UNLV. I heard only faggots go there to study faggotry (and suck dicks).
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Bama hangs 56 on them. I hate Notre Dame and their fans.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Why?
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

ND fans are the most annoying fans in the world, next to Purdue fans. ND fans have a sense of entitlement that because they were once America's darlings, that it should always be that way. Times have changed, and they are no longer the prestigeous football program they once were.

Don't give me the shit about the tradition and all that nonesense. Maybe I got turned off that they have had to buy out 3 coaches contracts in order to "find" the right one. If I'm not mistaken, every ND coach has made it to a BCS game and got whitewashed. The same will happen Monday.

Fuck Rudy. Fuck Knute Rockne. Fuck the 4 Horseman. (Not Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Steve Mongo McMichael, and Kevin what's his name) It's 2013. The worst part about this season is that NBC won't drop them due to a ratings loss, since all the fans have jumped back aboard.

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've always been a Notre Dame fan. Back in the 90s when they had that big rivalry with Florida State, that was awesome. Notre Dame has always been my favorite college team, and one of the only three college teams that I give a shit about (the others being Ball State and Purdue).

I know there's lots of bandwagon fans, but really, you're going to have that with any team that goes from sucking ass to kicking ass. It's just typical shitty human nature.
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I've always been a Notre Dame fan. Back in the 90s when they had that big rivalry with Florida State, that was awesome. Notre Dame has always been my favorite college team, and one of the only three college teams that I give a shit about (the others being Ball State and Purdue).

I know there's lots of bandwagon fans, but really, you're going to have that with any team that goes from sucking ass to kicking ass. It's just typical shitty human nature.
Here is my kicker, I don't care who anyone roots for. To each their own, but when I have to read all the stuff about We and us in regards to people and their ND football it drives me crazy. Then, I get the religion treatment, and the beating over the head about how great ND (Jesus) is and how my life should revolve around a fucking midget that has a chin strap beard. I don't consider myself an expert in football knowledge, but I did win a powderpuff coaching championship my Junior year. And with that, I have more football coaching experiance then 99.9% of the people I come across that continue to say, Catholics vs. cousins and shit. Those cousins are going to beat ND's ass and it will be everyone's fault but their own. What a horribly put together statement, but here it is.

Unread 01-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Purdue fan's are the worst, especially the ones that go to college there.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Alabama is going to do to Notre Dame what Boggs and the sisters used to do to Duphrane in Shawshank.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktooth View Post
ND fans are the most annoying fans in the world, next to Purdue fans. ND fans have a sense of entitlement that because they were once America's darlings, that it should always be that way. Times have changed, and they are no longer the prestigeous football program they once were.

Don't give me the shit about the tradition and all that nonesense. Maybe I got turned off that they have had to buy out 3 coaches contracts in order to "find" the right one. If I'm not mistaken, every ND coach has made it to a BCS game and got whitewashed. The same will happen Monday.

Fuck Rudy. Fuck Knute Rockne. Fuck the 4 Horseman. (Not Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Steve Mongo McMichael, and Kevin what's his name) It's 2013. The worst part about this season is that NBC won't drop them due to a ratings loss, since all the fans have jumped back aboard.
Your whole hatred seems to be based on ND being overrated or irrelevant, yet they are going to finish the season either #1 or #2 in the country.

Who's stuck in the past now?
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute

Although I do agree with "fuck Rudy", basically all he ever accomplished was getting a movie made about him. It wasn't other people being inspired by his story, it was him just seeing the potential for commercial gain through selling his "story", which is highly embellished. I say this even though my Dad's arm is in the movie, opening a bus door.

Joe Montana said that they carried Rudy off the field on their shoulders as a joke.
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Oregon will finish #2.
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Oregon will finish #2.
I thought it was automatic that the loser went #2? Either way my point is that you can't apply those criticisms to ND reasonably right now.
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm going to have the in your face moment of my life when ND brings home the championship
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

My money is on ND for spread and to win.
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

People root for Notre Dame because its an accomplishment when they do well. They are ham-stringed by having academic expectations and being a "religious school" which lowers their ability to just recruit whatever mutant cavemen it takes to buy Championships.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
People root for Notre Dame because its an accomplishment when they do well. They are ham-stringed by having academic expectations and being a "religious school" which lowers their ability to just recruit whatever mutant cavemen it takes to buy Championships.
I'm tired of that excuse. Most of their athletes are solid acedemically, but they have their share of Gen Ed majors as well.

Listen, the ball has somehow bounced the Irish way, every game this season. I've never seen a team get so lucky, so often, as I did this year. I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to college sports, as I don't have much of a rooting interest or passion anymore. I just hate being in the middle of ND country, and everyone and their brother are wearing all this ND gear and talking about how their Grandpa brought them up on ND football. It's the same guys there were taking Reggie Bush's cock deep into the depths of their mouth about 7 years ago.

I love Harvey Updyke, and some people might not like this, but I gotta say it. Roll Damn Tide.

Unread 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Poor Sport

I'm not impartial, but I think ND only got flat out lucky a normal amount of times, mostly the Pitt kicker missing the FG; they did, however, quite often play "above their talent".

Basically if they replayed the season a million times the results would probably average around 3 loses, maybe 4, and LSU or Oregon would have ended up playing Alabama in the title game.

That being said, rankings and bowl games are based on results, not on who people think the better team is.

The luckiest team I can remember was the 2002-2003 Ohio State team, especially that last play.
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Ohio State, the only unbeaten team left in 2012.

Quote:
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Sort of hilarious how that works out.
Orgazmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #22 (permalink)

The SEC is on an entirely different level then any other conference in football, including the AFC South.

I wish they would do away with the Pac 12 conference as a whole. Even their officials are terrible. They obviously wouldn't have changed the outcome, but they were on the screen way to much for my liking last night, holding up the start of plays and decided weather it was a catch or no.

Unread 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

Should have fucking put Tommy Rees in. I went to bed at half time, in disgust, but something tells me he didn't see any snaps. Stupid fucking coach.
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Should have fucking put Tommy Rees in. I went to bed at half time, in disgust, but something tells me he didn't see any snaps. Stupid fucking coach.
They could have played anyone that has ever played for ND, and still only put up 7 points.