Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Long Live Dixie

Internets: 35125
j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to j money
Default Help! I am now a soccer coach

Well I was asked to coach a team of 3-5 year olds for the city of Talladega and for some reason I agreed. The problem is I am clueless on nearly everything relating to soccer. I know there are a couple coaches on here Beebs and maybe the Cocktooth that might be able to point me in the right direction? I know most of the kids are clueless on how to play and will probably just be running around crazy. I want to make sure the kids are learning the basics and having fun along with keeping the crazy ass parents off my ass. What resources are out there to help me get started? Websites, books, etc. I've researched some drills but really do not know if they are appropriate for the age group. We will have 2-3 practice sessions a week plus 2 games a week starting next week. Any suggestions for practice drills at this age? The director claims that they do not run any 'plays' or certain formations but all of the other coaches have for several years. Beebs, I expect a response within 24 hours. Thx
j money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j money View Post
Well I was asked to coach a team of 3-5 year olds for the city of Talladega and for some reason I agreed. The problem is I am clueless on nearly everything relating to soccer. I know there are a couple coaches on here Beebs and maybe the Cocktooth that might be able to point me in the right direction? I know most of the kids are clueless on how to play and will probably just be running around crazy. I want to make sure the kids are learning the basics and having fun along with keeping the crazy ass parents off my ass. What resources are out there to help me get started? Websites, books, etc. I've researched some drills but really do not know if they are appropriate for the age group. We will have 2-3 practice sessions a week plus 2 games a week starting next week. Any suggestions for practice drills at this age? The director claims that they do not run any 'plays' or certain formations but all of the other coaches have for several years. Beebs, I expect a response within 24 hours. Thx
2-3 practice sessions plus two games a week for five year olds? What the fuck is the world coming to?

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 249402
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert, but I would imagine that teaching them proper dribbling, passing, and shooting mechanics should be the first and foremost thing they're taught.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Don't touch their special parts and you'll already be one step ahead of most other people who coach soccer to 3 year olds.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 114370
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

how to coach youth football (soccer)

Get memorising. my fav " That kind of work makes me very happy."
86 ways to say "very good!"

from the Michigan State Soccer Association

Good for you!

That’s really nice

Superb

That’s the best ever

You did that very well

That’s great!

You’ve got it made

Way to go!

Terrific

That’s the way to do it!

That’s not bad!

That’s quite an improvement

Couldn’t have done it better myself

Good thinking

Marvelous

You really are going to town

You’re doing fine

Keep up the good work

You’re really improving

That’s it!

You’re on the right track now!

That’s better

Now you’ve got it figured out

You haven’t missed a thing

Outstanding!

Fantastic!

That’s coming along nicely

You outdid yourself today

I know you can do it

You’re doing a good job

Good work

That’s the right way to do it

You figured that out fast

That’s better

I think you’ve got it now

Right on!

I’m proud of the way you worked today

Well, look at you go!

Tremendous!

That’s the best you’ve ever done!

You certainly did well today

That’s RIGHT!

Perfect!

You must have been practicing!

Nice going

Great!

You’ve got your brain in gear today

Keep working on it…You’re getting better

Now you’ve got the hang of it

You remembered!

WOW!

That kind of work makes me very happy.

Wonderful!

You’re really working hard today

You’re getting better every day

That’s what I call a fine job!

You’re learning fast

I knew you could do it!

You make it look easy

I’m very proud of you

That’s a good boy/girl

One more time an you’ll have it

That’s very much better

Fine!

Super!

That’s good

You did lot of work today

Good job

Keep it up!

You really make this fun

You’ve got that down pat

Good remembering

Congratulations

Nothing can stop you now

Exactly right!

You are doing much better today

Nice going

Keep on trying

Excellent!

You are really learning a lot

Sensational!

You’ve jut about got it!

You’re doing beautifully

I’ve never seen anyone do it better

You’ve just mastered that!

You are very good at that.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Actually have some insight here.

The Netherlands is a country of 17 million people but is a powerhouse on the international stage when it comes to soccer. More kids in the USA play soccer than the Netherlands. Why are the Dutch so god damned good at soccer? Because from an early age they focus on skills. Skills means any touch of the ball. Not just dribbling, but also controlled moves, tricks, any manipulation of the ball. Americans focus on playing the game. But during the course of a 90 minute game any given player will only touch the ball a handful of times. If you instead spend 90 minutes constantly touching the ball and doing tricks and moves and passes and dribbles, you're going to have the skills where it counts. Basically in soccer fundamentals are underrated and gameplay is massively overrated. That's all.

Make sure you have a ton of balls and have the kids always dribbling, passing, doing tricks.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote