View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 05:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
AcTivE
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Quote:
The main and fundemental Christian belief is that Jesus died for ALL our sins. It's obvious that God would see not believing in him to be a sin correct? But with Jesus people are saved for all sins, making no sin bigger than another right? Therefore if you aren't sent to hell based on your sins, how could you be sent to hell based on what you believe, even though it's a sin? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Also I hear many people, and the bible, say that God is the most forgiving being there is. I know a lot of forgiving people in my life that I've fucked over a good number of times but they've always given me 2nd chances and forgave me for the fucked up decisions I've made. Wouldn't God be willing to understand and forgive a person for not believing in him during their life? To be honest a lot of atheists have some good reasoning as to why they don't.
1) [quote]Does that make sense to anyone? [quote]--Not to me. Are you saying believing in 'Jesus' as the savior is a sin?

2)

Quote:
I find this to be a damn good topic to post on and I "pray" that everyone will discuss it intelligently, maybe that's just a dream...
Once again--I truly find it amazing that anyone would count on discussions of this topic 'intelligently' to be any guiding factor whatsoever. People don't like the thought of burning for all of eternity--and most don't like to take the time to find out what it is to truly avoid that... It's best when we have some pastor, lets say his name is 'Doug' for all practical purposes--that tells you you can get to heaven mearly on living a 'moral' life. Don't really have to place 'God' to high in your life if you just do that...just think--where is he in yours?

...moral life? What is a moral life. Morals all have to do with what YOU as a person believe to be right and wrong, correct? I don't find anything wrong in lighting up a joint over drinking alcohol...but it is against the law--but is not against my morals. I'm still sinning..

The laws were put there by man--will I get to heaven by following mans law??? Also seems like a pretty shallow way to be judged...at least to me.

Read the bible. I'm not 100% completely sure on this--but I'm pretty sure that the basis of 'Christianity' is the belief that Jesus Christ died on the cross for YOUR sins--therefore saving you from hell--because they are FORGIVEN. (basically what you said) Beleving your a 'Christian' would mean that you believe this--not that you just didn't want to go to hell...so you call yourself a 'Christian'..

How any 'Christian' can believe that an Atheist will NOT go to HELL, is beyond me. You say ALL in general terms--I say ALL of those who believe..

If you go with your idea--EVERYONE would go to heaven, regardless. How could that be the case?? Was 'Hell' just made up to scare little kids? ...if so--then why aren't Adam and Eve still alive chillin out in the Garden?

I haven't read much of the Bible..but I do believe I remember people having to make SACRIFICES to God to cover their sins. Jesus Christ--often (I believe so..), was known as the 'Lamb of God' --covering all sins of EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES ...

Once again--just what I think. All the lil Afghan terrorists must feel pretty strongly about what they believe too--willing to kill theirselves over their beliefs... I do have confidence in what I believe though--and no one can change that [img]smile.gif[/img]

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat