View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #2059 (permalink)
DJ FC
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterKid View Post
I'm currently working at Kandahar Airfield (KAF) and have spent a lot of time here the past two years. KAF is rocketed by insurgents on a regular basis, the frequency probably averaging three times a week. A rocket attack is typically a non-event, as these mother fuckers don't really aim at anything in particular and only point the rockets in the direction of the massive airfield in the middle of the desert. Getting hit or hurt by a rocket would be like getting struck by lightning, in terms of odds. However, tonight, I was sitting outside of my living area with a coworker/buddy sipping on some bootlegged whiskey, and a rocket landed and detonated less than 100 meters away. No one I'm associated with was hurt but the adjacent compound was hit directly. It was so close. My SCotD is that I was legitimately shaken up, and am even more compelled to quit my job.
Thoughts as to what you'd do instead?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote