Opening Up to Religion
I'm starting to come full circle on religion. I could probably make this into a fairly lengthy post, but I'm going to do my best to keep it concise.
For several years now, I have really found no reason to include religion in my life. I just haven't felt like I needed it. Lately, I've had random urges to call out to God or believe in something. These urges were pretty surprising to me at first. I'd catch myself and be like, "wtf?! Why am I pleading to some imaginary God in my head? I haven't done that in years."
I think I'm finally starting to see value in religion and understand why people believe. Do I actually think that, say, Jesus is the literal manifestation of God and that belief in him will result in an afterlife in heaven? No, I don't. I think that's silly. But I like the idea of having a religious belief. I like the idea of believing in a higher power and turning to that power in times of weakness in order to find strength and guidance.
I'm not about to become some moralist Bible-thumper, but I could see myself coming to identify with some level of faith and getting into a community church group or something that is really positive and doesn't condemn non-believers.
|