![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
The (my) Bears just finished off the Seahawks in an exciting fashion. For the NFC it will be Saints at Bears. I gotta figure the Saints are going to come into this game with a pretty good shot to win. I feel like the Bears (specifically Rex Grossman) played about as well today as you can reasonably expect them to. Even with that performance, they only barely beat a fairly mediocre Seahawks team. The Saints are likely way better than the Seahawks, so the Bears might have their hands full. I actually derive some small consolation if the Saints end up winning next weekend; it will be cool to see that franchise make it all the way to the Super Bowl after all they've been through the past 15 months.
The AFC is down to either Colts at Chargers or Patriots at Colts. The Patriots at Chargers game is just now kicking off. San Diego is a pretty clear favorite in that game, but I'm not about to call it a Chargers win until the clock hits 0:00. Brady is a baller. Either way I think the worst team left in the AFC is a favorite to beat the best team left in the NFC in the Super Bowl. What are y'all's thoughts? |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Home Teams Prevail.
Colts > Pats Bears > Saints Colts > Bears |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I think the odds for any remaining matchup are way too marginal to be making confident proclamations of the outcome.
Bears 55% vs Saints Colts 60% vs Patriots Colts 60% vs Bears Colts 65% vs Saints Patriots 55% vs Bears Patriots 60% vs Saints This whole thing is completely wide open. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Looking at the betting lines for the game, if each game was played on a neutral field, both would be a pickem. I'm very excited for the AFC Championship game!
In speaking with UB before this weekends games, I commented that all 4 of the home teams lacked recent playoff success, and that each road team has been there at least once in the past two years. Do notice that every road team beat the point spread given. Is it possible that the AFC championship will be the most watched conference championship in television history? Damn, I'm pumped. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Tradesports % to win Superbowl:
Bears: 17.2-18.2% Colts: 38.8 - 38.9% Saints: 16.1 - 16.4% Pats: 27.9 - 28.9% |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
I made alot of money on the road teams this weekend. I picked all 4 plus the points.... I think the Bears will be the Saints. When the game was on the line for the Saints they seemed a bit out of it and should have lost that game saturday. I think the Colts will win in the AFC game. Manning is due to play incredible. The time he has put in to beating the Pats in the past will come in to play. You know for the past 4 years, he has put in hours of preperation time for this one team. It should be a great game, and I have some feelers out for tickets and will be in line to give it a shoot at 1 and 1000 to get tickets this morning!!!
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
I'm not sure how anybody can claim that "Manning is due." The guy simply sucks in the playoffs. He's shown up in how many playoff games?? One?? He's lucky the Colts won either game this year. Shaw, you must balance hope with reality, and even after 10 years of Manning, you show hang your hat on hope way too much.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Everyone says this and that about Peyton in the playoffs and to an extent I understand. The games he has played bad in are games played at Foxboro in horrible conditions. This year, yes he didnt play well vs. the Cheifs, and I give you that, but you cant hold the performance he had last weekend in the playoff choke catagory. The Ravens have the BEST defense in the league. Plus, he didnt have a horrible game, just couldnt get the ball into the end zone. He did get 5 drives close enough to get field goals which eventually lead to a victory. Remember last game at the Dome, him and Marvin weren't on the same page leading to 2 INT's. You think they won't be on the same page for an AFC Championship game?? Every year we have played the Pats, its been there, equalizing the speed advantage we have. Now you put the Colts on turf against I would say a MUCH MUCH slower New England team, and I would venture to say we will carve them up. This team is built to play on turf, much like the Rams in their 2 year run to the superbowl. I think it will be a hell of a game, but look for Peyton and the boys to take advantage of the slower secondary and slower linebackers of the Patriots. I would be crazy to think our defense can hold Tom Brady, who like Manning is due for a full 4 quarters of good football. Thing is, thier WR are not very good, and only got off last weekend because San Diego's defense is so poor. I know your going to say what about Merriman or whatever, but he doesnt cover outside. They gave up 40 plus points 2 games in a row this year. Overall, we are faster and more athletic on any matchup in the game. The key is can we be more physical then they are up front on both sides of the ball. If we can do that and still stop the run, The Colts will be in Miami and my life will go straight to the shitter for 2 weeks.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Look, the reality is this. Manning has a history of losing to the Patriots in the playoffs. It could be possible that he's mentally off balance when facing Billicheck and Brady. Those two are 12-1 together in playoff games. They just beat the best team in the NFL. And the Colts haven't necessarily been playing inspiring football lately. To say that the Colts are a 60% favorite to win this game is being plenty generous in my opinion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Shaw, I feel like arguing with you is like screaming at a brick wall, but I just can't help myself.
Since I'm sure you haven't noticed, I've not once linked any of Manning's playoff performances to the Pats. He's sucked against everybody. He and Marvin have TWO, count them... TWO playoff TD hookups. Manning cannot handle top-flight CBs. Claiming that Manning didn't have an abismal game is just foolish. The Colts didn't resign Vanderfuck because the guy wasn't clutch. Why wasn't he clutch? Because the Colts had to keep depending on him to win/tie all the damn time. Yes, the Colts have won the past two games against the Pats, but in all honesty, no regular season game matters when discussing the Patriots. All they need to do is get to the playoffs. As UB stated, 12-1. They are too creative for Manning. As for Brady's WR not being good enough... that means nothing. Do you think the Saints WR are good enough? The passing game has everything to do with the QB and play-calling, and Brady has had all season to get on the same page with his new receiving core. Brady will be just fine. If Rodney Harrison gets the nod, I think the Pats should be favorite at 60-65%. I understand the precidence is hard to hang your hat on from one season to another, but when the coaching and main players are still running the show, I see no difference in results. Pats 27, Colts 13 |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
F3lix thinks the Pats have a 60-65% chance of winning.
The rest of the educated world, the markets - the most powerful prediction tool EVER - say 40%. |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Are you kidding me? I hope Harrison plays. He wont be in football shape and will help the Colts. I'm done explaining myself. Colts win 24-14
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
jeradshaw (5:36:44 PM): 9 Years old, I walk in the RCA Dome for my first time. The Colts didn't score a touchdown in their last 6 games. The Colts finally scored a touchdown vs. the Eagles on a Sunday night game that year. The Touchdown monkey was born and so was a Colts fan. I have sat through 1-15 seasons. I have sat through heartbreak in New England. Today that all changes. Today changes my luck in professional sports as a fan!!!!!! GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
You know what ruins my happiness for the Bears and Colts? It's the fuckhead media that just wants to focus on making this the Black Bowl. Michael Irvin's only words he could get out after the Bears win was about these being the first black coaches to reach the Super Bowl. The 2nd question asked to both coaches after their win, "How does it feel to be the the first nig coach in the Super Bowl?" God, I hate the media.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Clarett out for 6 games... | BrassMonkees | Sports | 18 | 09-02-2003 12:39 PM |
| June 2003 Xbox Magazine | buckeye | Reviews | 6 | 05-13-2003 08:37 PM |