12-16-2005, 07:56 PM
|
#4 (permalink)
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,215
|
Quote:
Originally posted by Ugly Bastard:
Do Christians in this society of ours ever pause to think of others? America is such a haughty holier-than-though society, and this attitude spawns off into Christianity. To a typical Christian in America, they are going to heaven, members of all other religions are going to hell, and I'm going to hell as well if I don't stop this blabbering and just admit that Jesus is the only one who can save me. Doesn't that bother anyone? What makes these people think they're so special? 'Cause they were born in America? I refuse to label myself as a member of a group that doesn't think.
A Christian will tell me that a faithful Shintuist from Japan will be burning in hell someday for not being Christian. If you're God, does that really seem fair? Condemming people to enternal burning and torture all because they were born in a different culture than your chosen people? I would think not, which is exactly why I am questioning things.
Do these people not think? That's what bothers me more than anything about this. The closed mindedness of it all.
-UB
|
Quote:
Originally posted by ProfessorNumber:
You have all raised some good points, but ultimately, I just don't see how God could turn his back on the 66% of people in the world who are not Christians.
|
Quote:
Originally posted by ProfessorNumber:
my arguments are based upon logic and life experience. I can't fathom how a loving God would willfully send someone who lived a meaningfull life to Hell because the person chose not to be a Christian. It's utterly ridiculous, especially when you take into consideration that 66% of the world will share that common fate of going to Hell.
I suppose you should thank your mom for not living in Asia and not being Hindu, Active, since otherwise you would most likely be going to Hell (by your logic). It sickens me to think that getting into Heaven is so whimsical that it's determined by your geographical location.
|
Interesting thoughts UB. Indeed.
[ December 16, 2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: ProfessorNumber ]
|
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more -- These conversations kill.
|
|
|