Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix
How much work do you do at home?
|
Almost none, because when I have extra work to do I have to stay at the fucking office all night to do it. I can't just pack it up and do pantsless with a bottle of beer in front of the TV like a teacher can.
Not to mention that if you have a significant amount of work to do at the end of the day as a teacher, you're either in your first 5 years or you're doing it really, really wrong. But that's only according to the 10 or so teachers in my family.
And then, of course, there are people like my husband who work 12 hour days, 5 days a week all year round. They also don't get MONTHS of vacations over the summer. Or 2 weeks off at xmas. Or a week at spring break. That's what is known as the "real world" and most of the teachers who bitch about their jobs have never, ever experienced it.