Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Confessional/Advice Line

Notices

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan
 
ninjaface's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space
Posts: 5,245
Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Default Help me.. musically..

Forewarning: this is going to seem pretty disjointed. This is due to me being drunk. I'm sure I'll add some info to this thread when needed.


As far as music is concerned, I wouldn't consider myself well-versed in general. I have listened to a lot of different genres and era's, but I mostly stick with "alternative" music. Come to think of it, I don't really understand what altenrative means. Right now, I'm mostly exploring Electronica / Hip Hop / Turntablism / Down-tempo. It is really more of a half-assed kind of exploration. Everyone has their own taste in music but most people can agree on specific, classic songs/bands. It is those songs/bands that I feel like I am not quite in touch with. What I'm asking for is that my fellow nubblites use their collective knowledge of classic/awesome music and inform me of the bands I should know. Suggest bands and songs that any self-respecting 20-something should be familiar with.

Somewhat older bands I've heard and am somewhat well-versed with:

Queen
Metallica
AC/DC
Meatloaf
Jimi Hendrix

I promise there are more, but I am having major trouble thinking of them right now.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net