Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2003, 04:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
We've got a thread for piercings so I thought it was natural to explore tattoos as well. Do you have any, do you want any, have you designed any that others wear? Let us know.

I have one so far, have designed a few that are residing slightly beneath the skin of others, and have my next one drawn and ready. I thought I'd wait to see if anyone is actually interested in this before I got into any specifics.

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

I've designed an elaborate piece for the_butcher that he will probably be getting sometime soon. I'm in the process of doing one for bert, but I haven't finished it yet. Yep. Pliedes wanted me to draw him a picture of a penis to get tattooed onto his penis, but frankly that scares me.

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

I want to get a tattoo when I turn 18. My first plan was to get a tattoo of Titan's penis that covers my back (of course this would be in 1/8 scale), but I changed my mind. Now I just plan on getting two stars linked together on the underside of my right wrist. However, Long-since-forgotten brought to me the idea of having the stars on both sides of my wrist and linking them together like a bracelet of sorts. So that's also come into my consideration.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

sim_flex_x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sim_flex_x
A couple of months ago I was on this kick where I wanted to get a tatoo, but I didn't know what or where, and my parents said they'd stop paying for college if I did it...so I got my ear pierced instead. but besides all that, i have a fear of needles, so I don't think I could sit still long enough to have much of a tatoo.
sim_flex_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Sim, don't go for a tattoo; girls don't usually look good with 'em.

Fruit, if you get a star, I'll kick you in the head. They are so overdone and most people do them just because they're uncreative and can't think of anything else. Unless you have a really good, symbolic reason.

That being said, I have a few plans of my own. The primary one being a tribute/connection to my brother. When Titan and I (he's an artist, i'm not) get around to making it and I finally get it, there will definitely be pictures.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bokononist

Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

I do as a matter of fact have a symbolic reason for the tattoo I want. The intertwined stars represent the two things that define who I am. My life and my passion persay. My life being soccer, my love being music. I figured that those will be key aspects of who I am for the rest of my life, so why not represent them.

Not only that, I'm totally emo, and stars are cool.

Also, when/if I ever get married I'm thinking that the tattoo could take on an even more personal meaning, even though I'll have had it done before my marriage. Retarded, yet it makes a bit of sense.

Old 11-04-2003, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Ok, I see some of your reasoning, it's not too bad then... but don't try to stretch it for new meanings if you get it before stuff ever happens (like marriage).
Old 11-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bokononist

Good point, I figure that once I get married, my wife will be kickass, and I'll just get a tattoo specifically representing that. I want one that has something to do with my great-grandma, but I can't think of anything to do her justice.

Old 11-04-2003, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 273842
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute
As you can see in the picture of me in my avatar, I have many tattoos.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

ttbabe23 is on a distinguished road
This is mine, just a lil heart that has swirls... Not a great picture but its the best for right now.

[ November 04, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: ttbabe23 ]

just do it ok...
ttbabe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

That resides on a very random part of the foot there.

Old 11-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Internets: 306
fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to fancymeghan Send a message via AIM to fancymeghan
i don't really understand the hype of tatoos...i never really wanted to get one.
fancymeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Why the hell would you get a little heart randomly tattoed on some part of your foot?
Old 11-04-2003, 07:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by fancymeghan:
i don't really understand the hype of tatoos...i never really wanted to get one.
I like drawing on myself.

Old 11-04-2003, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough
yea, titan, i agree there, but the whole permanent thing...don't get it. why are they so hip nowadays? maybe i'm just old fashioned....and i don't want to look super emo.

[ November 04, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: fancymeghan ]
Old 11-04-2003, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Here's the thing that gets me.
And this really fucking pisses me off.
It seems nowadays that like 80% of the girls, no matter how modest or girly or shy they may seem, have something tattooed on their lower back. OH MY HOLY GOD IT'S ANNOYING. It's not cool, why did you get it? You don't even know what the hell it's a tattoo of! Why the fuck did you get it? And the piercing thing is in relation to this. So many people get them because it's just something to do or it's what's being done, not because they have a personal attachment to the concept. Then they go overboard and peirce everything. Then, later they realize, "Huh, so, these don't actually make me any less of a loser."

Old 11-04-2003, 09:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a hand for a second. Maybe it is.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

fat_retard is on a distinguished road
I'm planning to get two words tattooed across the undersides of my wrists, but I don't know what words to get right now. I'm also going to get a small tatoo on the back of my neck.

[ November 04, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: fat_retard ]
fat_retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Dr. Seuss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Seuss
There are few girls that i have seen that can actually pull off a decent tatoo. Also, those stupid star things, the tribal things, roses, and other tatoos equally as lame that "everyone" seems to want or have need to stop.

My guess is that ttbabe decided that she needed to get a tatoo to be cool, got what I'm assuming was some random sharp object she found on the ground, poked the hell out of her skin in a random sort of fashion, got a permanent marker, and attempted to draw some sort of design over the bleeding mess. To me, it looks like some hairy toe with a giant tumor growing out of it's side. Awesome tatoo. I'm so jealous.

"When will humans realize that all races are equally inferior to robots?" - Bender
Dr. Seuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by fat_retard:
I'm planning to get two words tattooed across the undersides of my wrists, but I don't know what words to get right now.
How meaningful is it if you don't even know what the words are yet? You should decide to get a tattoo because the words are already significant, not try to find something ...
Old 11-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

i have 2 words!!! FUCK TART.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pliedes:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fat_retard:
I'm planning to get two words tattooed across the undersides of my wrists, but I don't know what words to get right now.
You should decide to get a tattoo because the words are already significant, not try to find something ...</font>[/quote]I just thought it would be cool to have, I doubt I'm even going to get them. It's just something I want and think would look cool. I have all of the time I need to think about tattoos.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

If that's the case, then what are the chances I can convince you that its cool to jump off a skyscraper?
Old 11-04-2003, 10:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pliedes:
If that's the case, then what are the chances I can convince you that its cool to jump off a skyscraper?
None. I don't think that tattoos are cool because other people are getting them, I just said that I thought it was a cool idea and that it would look nice.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

I don't want to convince you that other's think it's cool, I want to convince you that it's cool.