Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Considering a life without marriage? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16014)

SittinOnDubsWGW 05-20-2006 02:18 PM

Considering a life without marriage?

http://www.nomarriage.com/

I came across this site the other day, it cracks me up. Many of the posts sum up my line of thinking very much so, as I am not a big proponent of marriage.

Marriage is not a bad thing by any means, and many people strive to be married, but I for one, don't think it's a necessary thing, especially the way things are today.

My girlfriend absolutely hates the fact that I am this way.

ninjaface 05-20-2006 04:56 PM

I like the section about only marrying foreign women. That sounds pretty sweet.

I think I'd like to get married, but I'm sure as hell not in a rush to do so.

Ugly Bastard 05-20-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaface
I think I'd like to get married, but I'm sure as hell not in a rush to do so.

Same here. I definetly don't see marriage even coming close to entering the equation for me until like I'm at least 28. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if I hit 35 as a lifelong bachelor. And thank god for that.

edit: But then again, I (hell, all of us) could meet a girl tomorrow that completely changes how we feel and prompts us to want to get married real soon. That'd be like getting cancer...

Ugly Bastard 05-20-2006 05:36 PM

Christ this is a great website.

"My take on marriage: It's a great way to complicate an otherwise amicable business relationship with sex."

"My granddad told me an insightful story before my wedding. He said for the first year of marriage to put a penny in a jar every time I had sex with my wife. Starting in year two, take out two pennies every time we had sex. He said there'd be money in the jar when I died. I think he's going to be right."

"My GF was damn good to me, in and out of the sack. We probably had sex, on average, 10-15 times a week. Anywhere and everywhere. Even a once a day BJ on average. Things were great.

That was, until we got married. A day later, everything had changed. Got it once on the honeymoon, and she told me to "hurry up and finish". When I ask her why she never initiates anything, never even flirts anymore, when she used to before, she says "I was trying to get you to marry me then"."

"Wife is overweight, no sex, doesn't cook anything not in a can. 3 kids. I am stuck. I can't even cheat on her since we do a mail order company out of the house. No alone time, no peace.

I think I am going crazy.
Oh, another fun aspect - wife is a born again Christian, so if I bring up the sex issue she uses the bible to justify herself. I argue that, and kazam, I am Satan, and no sex for Satan. If I do not argue, no sex for me either."

"Marriage is a sham for men. There is no benefit. If you are about to get married, think it over. Don't let your dick do your thinking for you. Don't let your punch-drunk I'm in love euphoria put you on auto-pilot. You will wake up in a hell of a hangover staring at this woman who will control your life."

"As men, we all know that a woman's primary objective is to marry. After years of experience I've discovered their most commonly used strategy. here it is:

1. Girl pressures guy for marriage.

2. Guy delays.

3. Girl gradually starts destroying guy's self-esteem and eliminating his friends.

4. Guy becomes too weak and too much of a loser to find something better than what he has.

5. Girl starts to limit sex. In effect controlling the only good thing in the guy's life.

6. Guy is in despair. Capitulates to marriage.

Then 5-10 years later the guy is an empty shell of his former self. Girl is a ruthless manipulating machine. Girl divorces loser husband. Girl takes 80% of guy's stuff because the guy is too brain dead to find a good lawyer. Girl lives happily ever after. Guy becomes bald alcoholic who dies of heart attack at 45 years old."

The cynicism on this site fills me with glee!

angry pancake 05-20-2006 08:36 PM

Funny shit. Basically completely untrue. But funny just the same.

Mr. Blonde 05-20-2006 11:41 PM

completely untrue is a pretty big statement for one personal bias. I'm sure theres many more married men who will agree with most of the viewpoints on the site (to some extent) than take yours.

Ugly Bastard 05-21-2006 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry pancake

Kinda a stupid thing to read coming from a lawyer. Care to substantiate that at all?

Mr. Blonde 05-21-2006 01:49 AM

good call. Pancake, you should be seeing the darkest of this side of shit all the time. I took a family law course last semester and made me think a lot more than twice about getting married, and that was one semester. you've got a lot more schooling+experience than that under your belt.

DJ FC 05-21-2006 09:14 AM

Yeah, wtf lawyer? You are so stupid, even though you are happily married and socialize with people who are happily married all the time. WTF you are so god-damned stupid how did you become a lawyer?

Mr. Pink 05-21-2006 09:55 AM

"Guy becomes bald alcoholic who dies of heart attack at 45 years old."

Ha.

Mr. Blonde 05-21-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry pancake

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ FC
Yeah, wtf lawyer? You are so stupid, even though you are happily married and socialize with people who are happily married all the time. WTF you are so god-damned stupid how did you become a lawyer?

What happened to DJ FC hating absolutes? Because i'm pretty sure that's why you post 90% of the shit you do; are we back on this again? He said it was basically completely untrue; in no way shape or form did I say that HIS marriage was like those on the site, but it seems pretty irrational that he can say that it's completely untrue

THEINCREDIBLEdork 05-21-2006 10:36 AM

WOW QUIT BEING GAY

Ugly Bastard 05-21-2006 10:59 AM

Just to support what Blonde is saying a bit: FC, I wasn't implying that because he is a lawyer, he is incapable of having a healthy marriage. I was simply saying that his claim of "basically completely untrue" is a pretty inherently illogical comment to be coming from a lawyer. I then went on to ask him to back up his claim regarding nomarriage.com being "completely untrue". Fin.

DJ FC 05-21-2006 11:38 AM

But alas the joke is on you.

If someone makes an absolute claim, you only need a single piece of evidence to refute it.

If someone makes claims (such as this website does) about nearly all instances of an issue, you only need to appeal to authority or take a sample. What I am saying is this: This website makes absurd claims which are somehow supposed to apply to most (if not all) marriages, including (for example) such arguments about how American women are universally terrible and foreign women are the Promised Land. While this is funny, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that while some marriages are bad, and some American women are bad, not all of them are bad. This website makes the egregious error of generalizing a rather complex issue with a few examples.

Thus, the claims found on this website are almost all untrue; and we find evidence of this by looking at the tremendous number of healthy and happy marriages. The claims are untrue because they are too broad.

And once again, we find ourselves arguing the wrong point of a topic. The argument shouldn’t be “All marriage is bad,” because this is refuted instantly. Perhaps a better argument would be “You shouldn’t get married so soon.”

angry pancake 05-21-2006 06:35 PM

I put basically in front of it to modify it from being absolute. Did not mean for that to be absolute. Even then that should be limited to the extreme examples like 15 minutes after the wedding. . . . .The site smacks from being made by somebody who got married really to somebody young. The truth is, many women get horney as fuck when they hit their 30s. They become like 17 year old guys. And by that time there are a lot more of them then there are of us.

Sex seems to be the focus of that page. To that extent, there will be tons of that when the bitches grow up and quit playing games and start daddy hunting. That's pretty much so gospel.

L1pgl0ssdL3td0wn 05-24-2006 06:40 PM

soooomebody got burned by amercan women a lil much.

AcTivE 05-26-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ FC
But alas the joke is on you.

If someone makes an absolute claim, you only need a single piece of evidence to refute it.

If someone makes claims (such as this website does) about nearly all instances of an issue, you only need to appeal to authority or take a sample. What I am saying is this: This website makes absurd claims which are somehow supposed to apply to most (if not all) marriages, including (for example) such arguments about how American women are universally terrible and foreign women are the Promised Land. While this is funny, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that while some marriages are bad, and some American women are bad, not all of them are bad. This website makes the egregious error of generalizing a rather complex issue with a few examples.

Thus, the claims found on this website are almost all untrue; and we find evidence of this by looking at the tremendous number of healthy and happy marriages. The claims are untrue because they are too broad.

And once again, we find ourselves arguing the wrong point of a topic. The argument shouldn’t be “All marriage is bad,” because this is refuted instantly. Perhaps a better argument would be “You shouldn’t get married so soon.”

lol, wow. why?? why..

Mr. Blonde 10-13-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry pancake (Post 352092)

bump?

Ugly Bastard 10-13-2011 10:57 PM

That's it. I tried to warn you.