![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
Johnathan Taylor Thomas, who was known for his role as Randy on the classic show Home Improvement, died the other day in a speed boat accident off the coast of Italy. What a bummer. Normally I wouldn't care, but that show kicked ass and it sucks to know that now there can never be a come back.
|
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Wow, that's horrible! Can we get a source for this or something?
-Ugly Bastard Update: The ONLY thing I could find for this so far on the net is here, not what I'd call a reliable source. Anyone else hear anything? Update II: Alright, I've given Yahoo News enough time in my book. I figure if it's real, then Yahoo News would have it up no more than 15 minutes later than "The Dilly" would. Verdict: Fake News. And thank God for that. I'd be pretty disappointed if Randy was dead, that one time he almost had cancer on Home Improvement was bad enough... (I joke during most of that....but the bottom line is: the man is still alive, and that's probably for the best).[ July 14, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
From what I gathered. The source was the associated press, but of course what I heard was second hand from what I have believed for a long time to be a reliable source. I'm looking into it right now though.
|
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
Got it.
"The actor, best known for his role as Randy Taylor on the comedy series "Home Improvement", died Saturday of a speedboat accident off the coast of Monterosso, the main town in the Cinque Terre region in Northern Italy. The Baja 320 speedboat Thomas, 22, was riding collided with an offshore rock and the front end of the vessel exploded, according to witnesses." - Associated Press |
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Quote:
The man's alive, that's the bottom line, I'd about bet a testicle that if he has been dead for more than a few hours, that it would appear on this page. Well guess what, it doesn't appear on this page, so it must be fake. Live on Randy...er...whatever your name is. -Ugly Bastard | |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
|
Eh, you guys put too much faith in the speed of our news. You never know, in this day and age, and with Italy being quite a ways away, we'd not end up hearing this except from theDilly....I mean, it could still be true, and UB'd be out of a testicle, just cause he thinks that news can get around faster than the speedboat JTT died on.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2003
Location: a house
Posts: 664
Internets: 10
|
Quote:
| |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|